LF ICC guild

99 Human Mage
After having spent much time in more than a few guilds, making big promises but never delivering, i've decided to post here and seek out a decent guild.
I've gotten tired of being asked for achievements in trade when looking to pug for ICC 10 and i'm looking for a guild that has an open spot for weekly raiding. I'd like to actually see the inside if ICC sometime before I die, and later move on to the cataclysm raids as well.
As for my toon, its the mage i'm posting on here. My gs is a little under 5.1k (for those that find it important), i've never even set foot inside ICC however I have spent ridiculous amounts of time raiding during vanilla wow and BC. I have vent and know my class and its limitations well (i've been playing this particualr toon a LONG time) and I can follow instructions perfectly fine.
I'm fine with whatever raid times your guild has...even though I do have family obligations my partner is more than willing to give me whatever times i need to raid.
I don't want to have to cancel my account and quit wow, but at this point running the same tired 5 mans day in and day out is getting beyond boring, and after having leveled 6 80's there isn't much left to do but raid. I'm not too concerned if I get any loot or not from the raids, i'm perfectly fine to wait till its my turn for that and i don't go chucking a tantrum if i dont get something shiny i want. My main concern is with content, and actually getting to SEE the things i pay 15 bucks a month to see.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
6 days till cata, GL with icc guilds
:(
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Shaman
Firstly, see Mibs post.
Secondly, if you want to be in a good guild, you have to show that you're good. Best way to do this is to have your character in perfect condition. Your mage is not even close. Missing enchants, wrong enchants, sub-optimal gems, bad specs, bad choice of JP usage (4pc t10 should be your first and foremost aim with frost/JPs - cloak=bad). oh, and I hope you collected that spirit gear before patch 4.0...reforge it all into something useful at the least...not to mention those spirit gems.
know my class and its limitations well (i've been playing this particular toon a LONG time

Certainly doesn't look like it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
to sum it up: OP is looking to be carried through LK by all means possible.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
to sum it up: OP is looking to be carried through LK by all means possible.

Although, he gets 1 point for being capable of spelling ridiculous. That seems to be in short supply on the fora.
Reply Quote
99 Human Mage
You know what, forget it. Posting on the forums was obviously my biggest mistake out of all the ones I could make. Nothing ever gets said here except criticism and elitist remarks. I never said anything about expecting to be carried through anything.
What I DID say was that i know how to play my class. This means I don't act stupid and get myself or my group killed, I listen to instructions and follow them to the letter, I don't have to have things explained to me 100 times before I get it. I'm not above advice and would have welcomed any that was given, but it seems all anybody is interested in anymmore is making themselves feel more important than everyone else.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Give me purples, lots of them.
Reply Quote
99 Human Mage
The way I see it, GearScore and achievement requirements to even enter these raids have become an all-consuming thing in wow, and have made it so the so-called "average player" will never set foot inside all but the lowest level raids, and that's sad really.
At the end of the day, i DID find a guild willing to let me have my shot and once we called it for the night to finish tomorrow, they were impressed with my performance and asked me to continue with them regularly.
I was NOT carried through anything, I did my part and even outperformed many of the ranged dps that came along in far better gear than what i'm in. I'll never cease to be amazed at the people that judge based only on what they see in a character window. The enchants/gems/pink fluffy pets im packing right now arent there due to bad choices, but from what was available to me without guild backup. I had to give myself what i had available and make do with it.
As I had already said, i wasnt looking to be carried through anything, and didn't give a damn about getting anything for free.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Shaman
Everyone thinks they are a good player, but until you actually get in a raid with the guild you want to be a part of the guild has no idea how you will perform. You have to prove to them you know what you're talking about with correct enchants/gems, and if the guild you are applying to is any decent they'd request a WoL from you.

Probably a better way of saying it then I did :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Trolling 101

after having leveled 6 80's there isn't much left to do but raid

The enchants/gems/pink fluffy pets im packing right now arent there due to bad choices, but from what was available to me without guild backup.

Six eighties affords a great deal of resource.
Timing on the "request" is right to the wire.
Forum's pretty dull right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]