Should I just level to 85 as prot?

85 Human Paladin
Considering half the threads on front page are about how broken ret is, I'm considering just questing as prot in cata.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Prot would probably be faster, due to the insta-q's for tanks, but i guess its preference.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Wait, you mean you can level in a different spec? I thought speccing Ret or Holy locked you out of accepting quests and gaining EXP.
Whoa, you just blew my mind.

Like seriously, I never knew you could do this.

I'm going to log onto skype and tell all my buddies from middle school this now.

I love Holi. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Prot would probably be faster, due to the insta-q's for tanks, but i guess its preference.

I'm avoiding the LFD because 1) You need to get the dungeon entrance first and tanks will be VERY scarce because of it. and 2) I doubt the other dps will know what the hell they are doing in the new structure.

Also, you cannot solo level as Retribution quickly. Expect a LOT of corpse runs near Deepholme's mid-end quests.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been leveling an old alliance paladin recently, and to me, prot feels much stronger than ret when soloing. The instant queues are just icing on the cake.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I'm avoiding the LFD because 1) You need to get the dungeon entrance first and tanks will be VERY scarce because of it.

I dunno where you're getting your info, you don't need to get to the dungeon entrance to use LFD. It teleports you in. 0 . o

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'll be leveling as prot (via questing). I decided this long ago.

Low downtime, high value for group quests, high survivability, and good sustained damage sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll be leveling as prot (via questing). I decided this long ago.

Low downtime, high value for group quests, high survivability, and good sustained damage sounds good to me.

I have no idea how it will be in lvl 80-85, but around my current level range I have basically all those attributes under Ret, except with even higher DPS. What's downtime when you have Word of Glory and Replenishment? Mind you my other spec is prot, mainly because I like to tank an occasional instance.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]