Warriors and Ranged Weapons

58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Upon looking at ranged weapons in Cataclysm, there's one thing that's clear: There's almost no strength ranged weapons.

Of course, having a weapon for only 1 class dropping off bosses isn't a good idea, hence why you hardly ever saw relics in WotLK. However, Relics have changed to allow any relic user equip them.

Maybe it's time to add warriors to the Relic list. Strength Relics already exist for Deathknights and Paladins, so we could just use those. Our Shoot/Throw could be changed so that it scales with Attack Power instead of using our ranged slot.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
That'd be nice.
Edited by Siguror on 11/24/2010 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
BUR
They could also let us reforge ranged weapon avoidence stats for full amount to dps stats. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
So would wings, but you don't see me flying.

That's what your flying mount is for!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Warriors already demand two 2H weapons, not my relics too!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
That'd be nice.

So would wings, but you don't see me flying.

Last time I checked, Paladins DID have wings.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Or just put STR ranged weapons (maybe with terrible DPS to dissuade Hunters) onto Points vendors like they did with Relics. That makes they LIKE a relic without actually BEING a relic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I think they mentioned something about making all the str ranged weapons tank/dps homogeneous like they will all have either hit/mastery/expretise ect.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Maybe it's my imagination, but I don't recall many Strength ranged weapons in WoLK either. The two from vendors were both Agl, and most the ones I've used out of ICC and other raids are all Agl. As a matter of fact, I honestly don't think I've ever had a Str ranged, at least not at 80
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Or just put STR ranged weapons (maybe with terrible DPS to dissuade Hunters) onto Points vendors like they did with Relics. That makes they LIKE a relic without actually BEING a relic.
Simple solution to that: thrown weapons. They never worked with our shots, and now we can't even equip 'em for the lulz.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Maybe it's my imagination, but I don't recall many Strength ranged weapons in WoLK either. The two from vendors were both Agl, and most the ones I've used out of ICC and other raids are all Agl. As a matter of fact, I honestly don't think I've ever had a Str ranged, at least not at 80

There were only 5 epic ranged weapons with strength in Wrath. There were 2 in Ulduar and 2 in ICC, with Blades of the Sable Cross off a vendor.

Simple solution to that: thrown weapons. They never worked with our shots, and now we can't even equip 'em for the lulz.

Rogues don't need to be screwed over even more.
Edited by Mooclane on 11/25/2010 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
BiS

But that wasn't a problem because we still benfitted from every stat on the ranged weapon. With all of them being agility based we have a problem here due to the fact Warrior now receive very little bonus to agility as opposed to a Hunter or a Rogue.

It's a tricky issue. Personally I'm just going to take the Tank ones and reforge until blizzard comments on the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

I used Mimiron's Repeater from Ulduar for a long time, that was a ranged weapon that had Strength on it (I actually remember the raid leader chastising the dumba$$ hunter for sincerely lobbying for the item, twas funny)

I like the idea of STR ranged weapons being bind on equip epics that drop from trash. If you have patience, you can usually pick them up for about 2-3,000 gold on the AH after people have been raiding a while if your guild hasn't seen it drop yet. Spending a couple thousand gold for a solid, powerful stat increase on my raiding gear is always welcomed.

I vote for keeping the oddball items like STR ranged weapons bind on equip from trash mobs. It doesn't interrupt loot tables, and so few of us actually WANT them that they end up being fairly inexpensive at auction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]