A question about debuff removal

I have a resto shaman and resto druid and I'm leveling a priest to give Disc healing a try.

I know that shaman and druid healers have talents that allow you to dispell more debuffs with your Cleanse Spirit/Remove Corruption. I'm not seeing a similar talent in either the Discipline or Holy trees for Priests. Do they only get to remove poisons?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Priests get Dispel Magic and Cure Disease as core abilities, they don't have to talent for them. The poison dispel is self-only so it isn't counted as one of their three dispels that all healers get. The third dispel, like shamans, is the ability to dispel enemy magic buffs (Dispel Magic again for priests, and Purge for shamans).
Reply Quote
ooh.. now I see it, I didn't notice that Dispel Magic works on both friends and enemies. Thanks

Although.. it's kind of silly that priests have 2 spells to dispel harmful effects when everyone else only has 1
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
True, I'd prefer they give us purge and combine defensive dispels into one instead of the other way around. It's not gamebreaking but it's obnoxious. It'd be easier to make mouseover macros if offensive and defensive dispels weren't the same spell.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
ooh.. now I see it, I didn't notice that Dispel Magic works on both friends and enemies. Thanks

Although.. it's kind of silly that priests have 2 spells to dispel harmful effects when everyone else only has 1

The flipside of that is you can still be dispelling diseases off a target with Unstable Affliction. The other 3 healing classes have to decide whether to gamble.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]