VuhDo Users

85 Draenei Shaman
What do you use for player and player target frames? I'm swithcing from x-perls (which I still think is underated for healing) to VuhDo but I miss the x-perl player frame.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Priest
Uhhhh.... I use VuhDo for that!

VuhDo options > Move > Add New Panel > Type: Special > Value: Self

Then to add the target panel by the selecting the Self panel you just made, go into the Panels tab in options > click the Targets tab on the right and click "show" under Targets.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I use Shadowed Unit Frames. I got too used to having debuffs anchored onto the target/focus frames and I don't think Vuhdo does that.

edit: fixed typo
Edited by Farther on 11/25/2010 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use pitbull 4, works pretty well and is a lot more customizable than x-perl was when I last used it, which admittedly was a while ago. However, I don't like the way it shows buffs/debuffs; I use DoTimer for that.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
you uninstall vuhdo and xperl and get what the pros use.

Grid.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Pitbull works great for Player, Target, and Target's Target. I just got Vuhdo (been using Grid for years) I am NEVER going back to Grid. Vuhdo's amazing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
i use suf but i only have my target and my focus. everything else is on vuhdo and i have a hud on the left side of my toon that shows health and mana.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Keep using xperl player..easy..i use both

Yeah I dont know why I thought I couldnt use both. But I got it set up now and I'm pretty happy with the combo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Grid.

/sigh

hai troll!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I think I'm sticking with Healbot. The latest version lets you assign different colors and different priorities to debuffs, which was my main problem with it before. And it looks better than Vuhdo, which puts multiple frames all over my screen which have to be individually configured, whereas Healbot just has one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think I'm sticking with Healbot. The latest version lets you assign different colors and different priorities to debuffs, which was my main problem with it before. And it looks better than Vuhdo, which puts multiple frames all over my screen which have to be individually configured, whereas Healbot just has one.
Vuhdo has almost as much configurability as Grid. If you don't like having multiple frames for different things, you can simply delete the extra frames and then add in special types of groups to your main frame. For instance, I have my first five groups in my raid frame as groups 1-5, then the 6th group is "Private tanks" in which I put the most important healing targets (tanks). You can have groups 1-8, pets, vehicles, your focus target, your target, raid marked main tanks, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting about, all in the same frame, if you so chose.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

u do know you can remove every frame you don't want right?

Looks is a moot point with these addons. you can make any of them look like any of them. using look as a determining factor is just beyond silly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I've become fairly fond of oUF because it has a variety of layouts and for the most part doesn't take up a metric ton of memory. I use the optional move frames plugin so I can move the frames whereever I like. Xperl is bloated to hell and has been for a long time. I had a crazy time trying to figure out how to do the simplest crap with Pitbull even with the damn tutorial (and I'm pretty tech savvy I've configured all types of unit frames before including shadowed, Stuf, Xperl, Perl and a few more I can't even remember and probably don't exist anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I use XPerl for Player and Target (sometimes Target of Target as well) and Focus.

I use VuhDo for Player, Target, and Target of Target on some characters in addition those same XPerl frames, but I use the XPerl frames to keep an eye on mana (mine), buffs and debuffs (on enemy targets) etc. I use VuhDo exclusively for defensive purposes (healing, decursing my people) on my healing characters, though I do also use it on certain DPS characters using click bound attacks.

I have all other XPerl frames turned off. I tried using XPerl for raid healing, but too much screen space was eaten up with pointless frame borders and name plates, with awkward debuff icons. After having used HealBot (to start with, for BGs) followed by Grid+Clique, XPerl just didn't feel right.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I get the impression that it largely comes down to personal taste as to which raid frames mod to use for healing. But overheal is about to become extremely important. At this point Blizzards raid frames seem to represent overheal best.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

Grid.

Yep, cause using something functionally identical to vuhdo that requires 300x the configuration time and requires downloading several additional modules to get it up to the same level is superior.

Anyway, I still use xperl for player/target/focus frames and vuhdo for the actual raid frames.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I get the impression that it largely comes down to personal taste as to which raid frames mod to use for healing. But overheal is about to become extremely important. At this point Blizzards raid frames seem to represent overheal best.

How so? Vuhdo at least shows incoming heals from other sources as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I don't use Vuhdo, but my player, target, ToT, focus, and focus target are StuF. Raid frames I prefer Grid2 myself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]