hit % over 17% but missing boss targets

85 Draenei Mage
Does anyone know if there is a bug right now? I just started re playing my character. Depending on what purple I equip my hit is either 16.48% (less then a 1% miss chance on a lvl 83 boss) or 18.80% (which I know is higher then I need) which makes my miss chance zero. I'm missing 75% or more of the time. My DPS suck's because of it. There is no way I can raid this way. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know what to do.

thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Pretty sure you're attacking the dummy. I can only guess they made that dummy 85 as I am getting the same problem.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The boss target dummies are tuned for level 85s.
Edited by Madguy on 11/26/2010 3:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
They arent really "tuned' for anything. A mob 8 levels higher than you has a bit lower chance to be hit by you than one only 3 levels higher. It would be 6+(17-6)*6=72% chance to miss.
Edited by Larcix on 11/26/2010 3:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
They arent really "tuned' for anything. A mob 8 levels higher than you has a bit lower chance to be hit by you than one only 3 levels higher. It would be 6+(17-6)*6=72% chance to miss.

When I say "tuned" I'm talking about how they're designed for level 85s(level 88 target). The same with the heroic test dummies at the start of WotLK in 3.0, they were for level 80s(level 83 target).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]