I saw a Moonkin

90 Worgen Hunter
He cast insect swarm and moonfired me ONCE, then ran away.

I died.

wtf

balanced
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Yes, I believe Moonkin is Balance.

*Comedy Drumroll*
Reply Quote
87 Human Hunter
Yes, I believe Moonkin is Balance.

*Comedy Drumroll*

that would be a rimshot
Reply Quote
48 Night Elf Hunter

I died.

wtf

balanced

Looks like you could use a spirit beast
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

I died.

wtf

balanced

Looks like you could use a spirit beast

I refuse to spec BM, I havnt in 6 years and I wont now. Plus why should I have to be a specific spec in order to survive? Doesnt Blizzard want every spec to be viable?

And to top it off; Monkeys > Spirit beasts
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
LOL on my lock some poor sap was too close to the ground on his flying mount back about a month and a half ago.. I was affliction at the time and dotted him up with a corruption, curse of agony (when it was called this), unstable afflict, and haunt. He flew high up in the air and was still at about 85% but after a few seconds I see his corpse fall to the ground.

Reply Quote
17 Orc Hunter
@Saberwolf.
Is this toon 6 years old?

You have 80 total battlegrounds. And like 6 Arenas.

And presently, just the medallion so 153 resilience. It is hard to assess balance from that position, everything is supposed to one shot you, because from a gear perspective you are completely undergeared for survivability.

Moonkins are hard on hunters, but if you get some resilience they will be less hard on you - if you can keep them from casting. You need to silence and scatter them - if you can not easy.

Hunters die from DoTs, but the reason you died so quickly is probably just gear.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warlock

I died.

wtf

balanced

Damn Nature.....you scary.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
@Saberwolf.
Is this toon 6 years old?

You have 80 total battlegrounds. And like 6 Arenas.

And presently, just the medallion so 153 resilience. It is hard to assess balance from that position, everything is supposed to one shot you, because from a gear perspective you are completely undergeared for survivability.

Moonkins are hard on hunters, but if you get some resilience they will be less hard on you - if you can keep them from casting. You need to silence and scatter them - if you can not easy.

Hunters die from DoTs, but the reason you died so quickly is probably just gear.

I only Arena'd for season 1-3, I mostly raided for WotLK (no arenas) and BGs for fun. The million of BGs I ran during Vanilla dont show up in my statistics for whatever reason. Actually, alot of things I've done pre-statistics/armory dont show up.

But yes, you're right about my gear, im set for PvE, not PvP.. but still, 2 dots kill me? Every other class in the game now has some kind of self heal..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters dropping to dots is a given all along especially if gear is an issue. But yeah getting 2 'dotted' by a moonkin sounds pretty crazy.

What I find disturbing is that people now place dots on hunters and ignore them for the rest of the fight (BG wise). Feels like we ain't much of a threat to other classes even when allowed to fire from behind the lines.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hunters dropping to dots is a given all along especially if gear is an issue. But yeah getting 2 'dotted' by a moonkin sounds pretty crazy.

What I find disturbing is that people now place dots on hunters and ignore them for the rest of the fight (BG wise). Feels like we ain't much of a threat to other classes even when allowed to fire from behind the lines.

Not only can they fire-and-forget, this method actually manages to kill the hunter in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Wish I could just serpent sting + black arrow somebody and walk away.. easymode ftw!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
game is balanced at 80

true story, i read it on the interwebz
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
When I was working to cap HPs a couple of weeks ago I died to MF+IS often. Of course, my gear is terrible and I have 30k HP fully buffed and no resilience, so I never thought it was anything but just the fact that I'm well behind the curve being so newly max level. Most caster fights were just Silence, Scatter, visit Spirit Healer. I could almost kill some of the other no-resilience folks, though. OP's gear is far better than mine but with so little resilience and still low on health compared to those in PvP gear, I'm not surprised you suffered the same fate to Boomkin as I.
Reply Quote
17 Orc Hunter

I only Arena'd for season 1-3, I mostly raided for WotLK (no arenas) and BGs for fun. The million of BGs I ran during Vanilla dont show up in my statistics for whatever reason. Actually, alot of things I've done pre-statistics/armory dont show up.

But yes, you're right about my gear, im set for PvE, not PvP.. but still, 2 dots kill me? Every other class in the game now has some kind of self heal..

Well fair enough. Yeah DoT wreck us. Gotta have some res just to reduce the damage from DOT and give yourself a chance. At least that way the nature ticks from boomkin only take 1/2 you life. SPreists, Locks, and Feral, Boomkins are basically a total counter to hunter UNLESS we get the controlled ASAP. There is just nothing we can do once dotted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]