Unnessicary nerf to Ret?

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
Necessary for level 85 balance. All these changes were on beta for a long time, and ret certainly did not have many problems in terms of PVE.

Seriously, the fact that you referred to it as lolret makes you seem extremely uninformed/inexperienced. People aren't turning you down for raids and laughing at you because of the spec, your dps is just a tiny bit lower.

26% straight off the top is tiny?

Last week:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x3496sjcnap9az08/sum/damageDone/?s=8526&e=8660

This Week:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yp404lqcosgpn25l/sum/damageDone/?s=2526&e=2671

Ret is trash on live, absolute garbage. There was no need to destroy our damage output two weeks prior to cataclysm (along with a few other classes/specs who took a huge hit as well), all it does is ruin the last two weeks of this expansion for everyone.
85 Orc Warrior
Don't you DARE compare current ret to the ret of classic WoW. That's like saying that your ferrari is getting a little older so it's back at the model T point of performance.
90 Orc Warlock
I'm confused: what is an "Unnessicary" nerf?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't you DARE compare current ret to the ret of classic WoW. That's like saying that your ferrari is getting a little older so it's back at the model T point of performance.

That's like yelling at a homeless man who used to live in a cardboard box and now resides in a rotted, smelly log cabin that's full of holes and mold
80 Dwarf Hunter
Are we level 85? No. So why implement changes that don't affect game play for another 2 weeks? =s

go visit the hunter forums from over a month ago. Your not #1. You never will be, you wear plate and can heal, you're a hybrid. All else being equal you are not supposed to be #1 in anything <- see GC's hybrid tax

you got a nerf leading to 85 QQ more, almost all classes are, be happy it's ONLY 2 weeks
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Are we level 85? No. So why implement changes that don't affect game play for another 2 weeks? =s

go visit the hunter forums from over a month ago. Your not #1. You never will be, you wear plate and can heal, you're a hybrid. All else being equal you are not supposed to be #1 in anything <- see GC's hybrid tax

you got a nerf leading to 85 QQ more, almost all classes are, be happy it's ONLY 2 weeks

Wow a plate-bubble-heals arguement without the bubble, impressive.

No, we will be #1 if we outplay you. If we work even a bit harder, we'll be up there with the rest. Deal with it.
80 Dwarf Hunter

Wow a plate-bubble-heals arguement without the bubble, impressive.

No, we will be #1 if we outplay you. If we work even a bit harder, we'll be up there with the rest. Deal with it.

all things being equal (reading comprehension tough?) no, you won't.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20677330431&sid=1
85 Dwarf Paladin

Lol QQ'ing about armor type.
80 Dwarf Hunter
... LOL wow, and I thought you guys would be smart
yeah, i care about plate you know... be cause I can't wear it too

80 Tauren Paladin
mmm yummy plate, so tough to wear. My point still stands
85 Dwarf Paladin
... LOL wow, and I thought you guys would be smart
yeah, i care about plate you know... be cause I can't wear it too

Because armor type is so very important to game play in almost all situations, right?
87 Undead Rogue
Blood Elf Paladin with bad spelling, nothing to see here guys. When your class requires an I.Q higher then that of a garden hose you can complain.
1 Blood Elf Priest
Regardless if Ret is "viable" pve/pvp wise at 85 with inquisition or not (numbers tuning.. blah blah blah.. blizz will fix it.. cata will fix it.. 90 will fix it.. blah blah blah), the base functionality of all of ret's combat system SUCKS! Which is something that Ret will have to live with for the ENTIRE expansion and beyond. No numbers tuning can fix a totally awful and suckage combat system.

LOLRET is definitely back, but it won't be because of the numbers posted on a dps chart. It will be because the mages and the rogues and the dk's and the warriors and the hunters and the warlocks and the shadow priests and the shamans and the kitties and boomkins are all going to be laughing at the poor sucker that decided to stick with the SUCK.

I've played a lot of the classes, and most definitely above all, the playstyle of ret SUCKS.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Blood Elf Paladin with bad spelling, nothing to see here guys. When your class requires an I.Q higher then that of a garden hose you can complain.

By your logic, no one who plays this game can complain, as there are no such classes.
80 Tauren Paladin

^^ this

also, to
Because armor type is so very important to game play in almost all situations, right?

no, obviously it's not. I like though how by just having that word in a post there's a group of you who bypass the entire post and respond with "LOL WTF PLATE LOLKTHX".
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]