"Warchief" Thrall still at the Argent Tourny

To veteran players the discontinuity isn't too big of a deal, since we understand what's going on. I'm curious about how it "feels" to a brand new player, though. It must be confusing as hell.

Goto the youtube video in my post above, it explains everything very well... here I'll repost it for you and others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcEQAP7tns

I've seen that before, and I'm well aware of WHY it is the way it currently is.

I'm just curious as to what goes through the head of a new player when transitioning from shattered Azeroth to Outland and Northrend then back to shattered Azeroth, all without any real in-game context to explain it.

If they are as "new" as you say they are, then they shouldn't really notice any time differences from 1-60 into Outland. Heck, I would be surprised if they noticed a difference leading into Northrend. Anyone starting off that interested in Lore and the WoW Timeline will easily look it up and figure it out. Anyone without that passion will just keep chugging those quests.
Reply Quote
I think the reason I was annoyed by this (as opposed to all the OTHER timeline issues) was that the Battle for Undercity (BfU) was removed. BfU really put the timeline changes in your face due to Thrall (vs Garrosh) being Warchief. So I had assumed that Thrall's little tour of the Tournament would ALSO be removed.

However, someone early on said that the removal of BfU might have been due to the changes to the cities. So maybe I was just wrong about the removal of BfU.
Reply Quote
98 Night Elf Warrior
This is an MMO< certain events are in a time vacuum. RPGs require you to play along with your imagination and suspend your disbelief in many ways. This is why you repeat the exact same animations over and over, you have the exact same body shape as everyone else in your race, and you rely on random number generators to tell you if you hit something or not.
Reply Quote
98 Night Elf Warrior
I think the reason I was annoyed by this (as opposed to all the OTHER timeline issues) was that the Battle for Undercity (BfU) was removed. BfU really put the timeline changes in your face due to Thrall (vs Garrosh) being Warchief. So I had assumed that Thrall's little tour of the Tournament would ALSO be removed.

However, someone early on said that the removal of BfU might have been due to the changes to the cities. So maybe I was just wrong about the removal of BfU.

I too hated the removal, but it was removed because the quests use older versions of city maps that have been updated now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]