Should Rogue's have better stealth than Feral

90 Undead Warlock
I already realize that feral's have better stealth then Rogue's currently. I think it is broken and will be fixed. The idea that feral's have better stealth then Rogue's is absurd.

BUT do you think that Rogue's should have better stealth then Feral's? If yes, do you think that it should be a talent or baked in?

IMO we should both have the same stealth level. Rogue's will still have the advantage due to Sap. If Rogue's were to get a better stealth, I wouldn't be against it if Sap was changed to not work against stealthed players. That would still give them the opening, but not make my (Feral) stealth useless (Ditto Assassination/Combat. Sub wouldn't be the only viable pvp spec).

Thoughts?

Moo

No, rogues need stealth to do most of their damage and to setup their combos. Druids on the other hand can change forms to bear and tank in PVP should their HP get low, pop out of form to heal themselves and their team mates if needed. Druids bring more utility than rogues do, even in arena, etc.

Irony of a warlock saying rogues should have better stealth. I just don't like dying to a !#@*@ (pun intended).
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
No, rogues need stealth to do most of their damage and to setup their combos. Druids on the other hand can change forms to bear and tank in PVP should their HP get low, pop out of form to heal themselves and their team mates if needed. Druids bring more utility than rogues do, even in arena, etc.

Irony of a warlock saying rogues should have better stealth. I just don't like dying to a !#@*@ (pun intended).

1. bear tanking is useless, yay for losing 50% damage and gaining 10% health
2. feral heals at 85 are useless
3. rogues have much better cc than ferals
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Feral=Rogue

NonFeralDruid<Rogue
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I find the easiest way to see a stealthed Rogue or Feral Cat is by letting them skip the extra talent point that makes it harder for them to be seen. I see more stealthed classes because they skip this extra talent point than you can shake a stick at. I wonder to myself, just why be stealthed if everyone still can sense you with the minimum stealth talent? I guess they just like announcing their presence. Honestly, a properly specc'd Rogue or Feral Cat can stand on your ass for hours and never be seen. An improperly specc'd one can be seen almost all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
1. Subtlety
2. Feral, Assassination, Combat
3. Resto / Balance

^ is how it should be.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I think Rogue should be equal to feral, better than resto/boomkin.
Edited by Rajin on 11/26/2010 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I think Rogue should be equal to feral, better than resto/boomkin.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
FTR, rogues don't have much more CC than ferals
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Dont forget that Feral Stuns arent on DR too.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I already realize that feral's have better stealth then Rogue's currently. I think it is broken and will be fixed. The idea that feral's have better stealth then Rogue's is absurd.

Ideally, neither should have A MORE EFFECTIVE OPENER than the other. The actual level of stealth doesn't matter. The range in which both parties can see each other does. This is mostly caused by Sap's range, if it didn't have the extra range, the solution is as easy as equalizing both stealth levels. But since it DOES have extra range, that does need to be taken into account when balancing the two stealth classes against each other, unless the extra range doesn't mean anything because the feral is in range when both can see.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
My understanding of Rogue's is limiting & moreso since the patch but...

Feral vs Target they are attacking have:
Pounce (requires stealth), Maim (requires CP's), Instant roots (glyphed, breaks easy on dmg), Bash (required Bare form)

Rogue vs Target they are attacking have:
CS (*Requires Stealth), KS (Requires CP's), Gouge (breaks on dmg)

*Unless spec's sub (and using CD?)

Feral vs Other Target not being attacked have:
Cyclone (6 sec, can't be dmgd/heald), Roots (dispellable/only good vs mele), Bare charge (No longer interupts spells/Only good vs mele)

Rogue's vs Other target not being attacked have:
Sap (*Requires stealth), Blind (10 sec/physical/can be bop'd/breaks on dmg)

I put "only good vs mele" because casters(hunters) can still cast(shoot) in roots(bare charge).

Am I missing anything?

Moo

PS(EDIT) Roots is very good vs mages & hunters. When they blink/disengage we can cast it on them. Vs the rest of the classes though it probly isn't worth the time out of kitty form.
Edited by Moomaid on 11/26/2010 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
3. rogues have much better cc than ferals

Blind every 2 minutes is better than instant cyclone on short cd + instant roots?

Okay, ill give you sap too.

FTR, rogues don't have much more CC than ferals

oh god i feel so stupid, i was arguing about who is better boomkin or mage yesterday and i was thinking mages, sorry
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
imo stealth should be equal. so should movement speed =/
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
I think they should be the same
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Same, but sub should > all.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
They should be equal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
i think rogue stealth should be > than druid stealth, with sub > then all. I say this though as someone mentioned, rogues are based around stealth mechanic and dps is all they can do period.

There needs to be hybrid tax on any class that can jump into multiple roles where as the non hybrid can't.

Let rogues be the best at what they do over the hybrids.

I am also going to be playing a feral druid come cata as main.

Exactly what he said. Rogues should have better stealth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]