Disc Priests in PVP

85 Blood Elf Priest
Am I being a bad or are disc priests a little bad right now at PVP?
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Warlock
Not as bad as they will be at 85
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

So very true. Blizzard's position of a cloth tank is so pathetically naive. It reminds me of a quote I saw somewhere.

"Do you ever watch Gilligan's Island and wonder if they will REALLY get off the island this time?"

Except this time, they removed all a Disc Priests (and to be fair, most of a druids' as well) dispel resistance and dramatically improved DPS as well as limiting healing from all healing classes.

Bunch of pure genius.

Resilience will fix it, guys. Just like in LK.

Edited by Venaliter on 11/28/2010 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

So very true. Blizzard's position of a cloth tank is so pathetically naive. It reminds me of a quote I saw somewhere.
"Do you ever watch Gilligan's Island and wonder if they will REALLY get off the island this time?"
Except this time, they removed all a Disc Priests (and to be fair, most of a druids' as well) dispel resistance and dramatically improved DPS as well as limiting healing from all healing classes.
Bunch of pure genius.

Well, I didn't think LK was too unbalanced although I hardly played anything serious in PVP. Although, it used to take 5-6 DPSers to shut me down, and now (if the DPS is good) it's hard to stay alive 1v1.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Bunch of pure genius.

Well, I didn't think LK was too unbalanced although I hardly played anything serious in PVP. Although, it used to take 5-6 DPSers to shut me down, and now (if the DPS is good) it's hard to stay alive 1v1.

You didn't see the beginning of LK. They had to ( I believe) double the effect of Resilience and add pets to the DR portion. After a couple of seasons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This is kinda like the old rogue argument of "Why am i loosing more now?! my skill didn't drop so why i am getting killed by such noobs!"

priests and druids have been oped in pvp (that isn't to say shaman haven't had their day either) and now that the classes are starting to feel a little more balanced people are crying.

You should actually try priest PvP before you make dumb statements. Zero arena games and 9 BGs on a toon that hit 80 18 days ago doesn't really give you any insight into priest strengths and weaknesses. Healing priests in PvP have been the weakest healing class for a while now, and it will only get worse at 85.
Reply Quote

priests and druids have been oped in pvp (that isn't to say shaman haven't had their day either) and now that the classes are starting to feel a little more balanced people are crying.

Discipline has never been overpowered. The closest they've come to being overpowered in PvP was early on when Penance had the 8 second CD before glyph... when paired with a rogue and maybe a mage... in an arena bracket that game balance doesn't take place around.

Discipline also isn't "balanced" at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The sky is not falling.

If this is how discipline goes live for 85, it already fell. There is plenty of beta feedback that shows discipline performs just as bad as people fear.

If you played all the other healing classes and compared them to what they can accomplish vs discipline in pvp, you would be shocked that Disc hasn't received an overhaul by now.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
My priest felt so squishy in PvP, I rerolled a holy paladin even though I enjoy my priest's playstyle more. I just didn't feel I had the tools to stay alive long enough to actually contribute.

Sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. The defensive cd's on the paladin are way better. When I pop divine shield or hand of protection people actually switch targets, it's fascinating. At 80 I know on my priest it felt like there was no way I could ever get the pressure off of me.

Priests are just lacking. My druid has a much easier time as well because of mobility. Priests don't really have mobility (like a druid, or a shaman to a lesser extent) or effective, life-saving defensive cd's (like a a paladin). Pain suppression is useful but doesn't effectively shake off an opponent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Any class can beat any other class if the gearing is around equal and you make the right decisions at the right time. I notice people complaining about how priests keep getting nerfed, but personally I haven't really noticed a HUGE difference. I had to re-work my spec a tad and get some different glyphs but for the most part, I'm fine. I can 1v1 any class and in a lot of cases 1v2. 9 times out of 10, it'll take me 15-30 seconds to die with 3-5 people on me (If I do the right thing at the right time). The only classes I really have trouble with are hard-hitting warriors (Full Wrathful with Legendary ICC pwnface weapons) or hard-hitting feral druids (I have the biggest problem with them).

I noticed Penance is the only thing I feel really doesn't do the job anymore. I find myself spamming flash heals everywhere and when they're landing for anywhere between 11k-17k and we have so much mana right now, why not?

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't really understand what's going on with everyone who says they can't even play their priest anymore because of the changes. /shrug
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Perhaps I'm missing something Pbut I don't really understand what's going on with everyone who says they can't even play their priest anymore because of the changes. /shrug

Level 85
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
So this guy is 47 and I've been having a lot of fun leveling him. I leveled from 33 over the long weekend. Does this mean I should stop?
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Warrior
How to kill a Disc Priest at 85:

1) Spam dispel.
2) Tunnel him.
3) Ignore his cooldowns, or even better, dispel them.
5) He OOMs in 10 Flash Heals. If he's stupid enough to cast one of those 2.5s heals, interrupt it.
6) Congratulations, you win!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Priests are by far the weakest pvp healer at 85. I do not see very many teams (either arena or bg) running with a priest healer.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Disc priests are good if not great... at being unable to move and being crushed in pvp.

Paladins on the other hand are plate and are way more mobile, able to break snares easily, and cast instant heals that don't get dispelled. What is this design philosophy?

Discipline talents reward you with better cooldowns on your efficient heals when you use long casting efficient heals. Disc priests can try really hard to not go OOM with their tree (due to their innate mana difficulties compared to other healers at 85) so that they can be really efficient at casting ineffective heals. The defining heals that get talented for lower cooldowns are Penance and PW:S and they are are so very weak at 85. Again, what is the design philosophy here?
Edited by Nephenee on 11/29/2010 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
The armor class doesn't make too much of a difference anymore. With IF glyphed, I have as much physical mitigation as a Shaman (mail + shield).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I was under the impression that the OP was talking about priests "Right now" and I was referring to my experience with people talking about the happenings of the new talent tree setup.

Any class can beat any other class if the gearing is around equal and you make the right decisions at the right time. I notice people complaining about how priests keep getting nerfed, but personally I haven't really noticed a HUGE difference. I had to re-work my spec a tad and get some different glyphs but for the most part, I'm fine. I can 1v1 any class and in a lot of cases 1v2. 9 times out of 10, it'll take me 15-30 seconds to die with 3-5 people on me (If I do the right thing at the right time). The only classes I really have trouble with are hard-hitting warriors (Full Wrathful with Legendary ICC pwnface weapons) or hard-hitting feral druids (I have the biggest problem with them).

I noticed Penance is the only thing I feel really doesn't do the job anymore. I find myself spamming flash heals everywhere and when they're landing for anywhere between 11k-17k and we have so much mana right now, why not?

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't really understand what's going on with everyone who says they can't even play their priest anymore because of the changes. /shrug

i can heal 3 dpsers with my disc priest in shadow gear.
over inflated stats at 80 =/= real pvp at 85
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]