Disc Priests in PVP

70 Human Warrior
So this guy is 47 and I've been having a lot of fun leveling him. I leveled from 33 over the long weekend. Does this mean I should stop?

Do you intend to play arena? Yes. Do you enjoy the class, want to occasionally run a bg, and do pve? You are fine. Not great, chart topping, face-rolling fine, but you'll have to have a good interface and macros, fine.
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
To add some positive perspective. The discipline priest has good tools for emergency healing - the funnel (penance), inner focus + gheal/flash, grace, aegis, and increased chance to crit.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
To add some positive perspective. The discipline priest has good tools for emergency healing - the funnel (penance), inner focus + gheal/flash, grace, aegis, and increased chance to crit.

Problem is that penance is too weak to heal with - and that's at level 80. At 85, it's not even a very effective offensive weapon.

We need help.

I would learn towards priests being so vulnerable to dispel coupled with serve mana issues as being the worst issues at 85. I see RMS replacing RMP for level 85 myself.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2010 1:03 AMPosted by Kaedoria
My priest felt so squishy in PvP, I rerolled a holy paladin even though I enjoy my priest's playstyle more. I just didn't feel I had the tools to stay alive long enough to actually contribute.

Sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. The defensive cd's on the paladin are way better. When I pop divine shield or hand of protection people actually switch targets, it's fascinating. At 80 I know on my priest it felt like there was no way I could ever get the pressure off of me.

Priests are just lacking. My druid has a much easier time as well because of mobility. Priests don't really have mobility (like a druid, or a shaman to a lesser extent) or effective, life-saving defensive cd's (like a a paladin). Pain suppression is useful but doesn't effectively shake off an opponent.

Priest is like a free HK but why kill the poor guys when everything they put out buffs me with a simple spellsteal. I like enemy Discipline Priests because it stacks with my Ice Barrier, Mana Shield, Mage Ward but Holy Priests just give temporarily invincibility if I manage to steal their renews.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
Disc priests are the most powerful healers in PvE as per the beta. This translates to power in PvP. Priests are notoriously bad for complaining because in WotLK we had things so good, now they are upset that they have to actually try to do well in PvE/P with the most faceroll spec in the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]