If Frost = Viable PvE then Arms = Viable PvE

85 Human Warrior
BiS
Arms DPS is fine and has been even before 4.0.1

People who say arms is bad are people who are used to facerolling fury and don't bother to take the time to learn the priority mechanics of arms dps.

The only thing that changed in 4.0.3 is that the gap got smaller between fury and arms dps.

Umm No it wasn't. As someone who did the majority of Hard Modes in ICC 25 as Arms, and than switched to Fury for the harder ones, I'll tell you that this is very Untrue pre 4.0. I struggled to pull 10k as Arms, switched to Fury and easily pulled 15-17k. The specs had a HUGE gap in between them, that couldn't be made up by player skill.

Also being on the very bottom of charts is not ok, especially when there was no reason to bring an arms warrior to a raid, since all his buffs and debuffs were covered by other respectable specs such as combat and feral.
Edited by Bladeknight on 11/28/2010 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock

yea i didnt like what i saw in 4.0.1 and beta reports, ive already got my warlock to 80

Mine is getting there! I had an 80 lock but it was horde so I did RAF and got this guy up just in a few days.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
ice lance just shouldn't be dealing nearly as much damage as 2 second casts

Fortunately then, Ice lance only hits as hard as frostbolt on a FoF proc vs a non-frozen target. In any other situation, frostbolt is the superior spell.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I just wish they hadn't broken one of the rogue specs going into the expansion then spent no time working on it, while they spent a ton of time on frost pve.

Does the sun ever shine on rogues, or do you just cry for the sake of crying?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Arms DPS is fine and has been even before 4.0.1

People who say arms is bad are people who are used to facerolling fury and don't bother to take the time to learn the priority mechanics of arms dps.

The only thing that changed in 4.0.3 is that the gap got smaller between fury and arms dps.

Top fury parse for heroic Festergut 25 man 25383.
Top arms parse for heroic Festergut 25 man 19040.

A difference of 6k dps is not even close to fine in any sort of competitive raiding environment. Even looking at the bottom of the top 200 parses for fury, you're still looking at over 22k dps.

In ICC arms was bad, period. Unless the top warriors in the world just need to L2P. How it does in cataclysm remains to be seen.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I just wish they hadn't broken one of the rogue specs going into the expansion then spent no time working on it, while they spent a ton of time on frost pve.

I'm sorry this is not a rogue thread. If you want to QQ do it in a different thread, this is about arms and frost, your post is extremely off topic.
Reply Quote
ice lance just shouldn't be dealing nearly as much damage as 2 second casts

Fortunately then, Ice lance only hits as hard as frostbolt on a FoF proc vs a non-frozen target. In any other situation, frostbolt is the superior spell.

FoF IL shouldn't even be > Frostbolt on non-frozen targets. It should be mainly for mobile damage, not our only decent damage on non-frozen targets as it is now. Because Frostbolt has to be buffed so much on frozen targets to be > IL on them, it's now gimp for sustained damage.

The play style is awful, and right now I use Arcane Blast and FFB > Frostbolt other than when Early Frost is up because I can't freaking stand playing the game of proc collection -> instant spam. Not sure doing this will be a viable alternative @ 85 though.
Reply Quote
68 Tauren Druid
Arms is fine. L2P?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]