Thank you to <ALLIANCE> for a pvp day!

90 Blood Elf Priest
Arathi Highlands was fun, as was Duskwallow Marsh.

So was Barrens tonight. I edited the post to reflect the fact that multiple alliance guilds were involved. Kudos to Redrings for getting everyone to respond.

Hope to see it very often!

Edited by Min on 11/28/2010 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's like the battle of thermopylae...

But Xerxes rolled horde and dishonourably camped his opposition after they gave him clean resets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm thinking its not like Thermopylae, but more like the Peninsula campaign during the American Civil War.

You George McClellan's need to have more fun!
Edited by Min on 11/28/2010 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's actually an epic reference. Assuming that you mean it the way im understanding it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You should go read up on R.E. Lee's tactics during the Battle for Seven Days. You also might get my McClellan reference then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have no idea where to find that information, nor am I that historically inclined :P But good reference none the less.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
this was a good day i used sun tzus tatic or terrain,Maneuvering to a T it was a good day in the barrens for me and the 15 guys i had. made the horde run all over for one fight and won it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aaaah im dead
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My boys got a little put out when we're tracking you in ashenvale, you fly over us, we ride to where you are, only to fly back over us.

I am not sure I've ever seen that in my history of pvp'ing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
That was a lot of fun! At the end there we should of called it instead of running around with no healers >.<

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The fact of having more than one alliance guild pvp'ing in the same group was fun to see. I hope we can get more of that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What happened was Smash Cookies whispered me saying eight CV was camping their four guys in barrens. So at first Syndicate just came with five of our people to poke around. Once we saw how unorganized things were for Horde we called out a pvp event in guild and got the guild to come over... the rest is history.

Edit: I do have to add though, I am amazed how much more organized we are to the Horde. We were running circle around you(literally). Maybe its just Syndicate is a well oiled machine, but damn... We were almost two steps ahead of you at every turn.
Edited by Thetakedown on 11/28/2010 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You all should cooperate more often. Thats one of the few times I was upset at my guild for not responding faster.

We had estimates of 20 in crossroads there when I hearthed. I never did get an accurate number, but that is VERY good to see.

The one concern I do have for you all is that you do get a little too big of a head. You all need to cooperate more with other folks and make sure you're getting that "cooperation" you're bragging about.

If you do that we will surely have many, many competitive pvp fights.
Edited by Min on 11/28/2010 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
What happened was Smash Cookies whispered me saying eight CV was camping their four guys in barrens. So at first Syndicate just came with five of our people to poke around. Once we saw how unorganized things were for Horde we called out a pvp event in guild and got the guild to come over... the rest is history.

Edit: I do have to add though, I am amazed how much more organized we are to the Horde. We were running circle around you(literally). Maybe its just Syndicate is a well oiled machine, but damn... We were almost two steps ahead of you at every turn.

I don't want to say we were getting camped until CV went from 5 players to pulling in 3 more (along wwith 2 randoms not from CV who prolly just tagged along) after wiping on the eastern Mountain. x.x

Instead of simply leaving barrens and going to provoke PvP elsewhere to possibly get others we wanted to whisper syndicate and give it a shot to see if both guilds wanted to work together.

I guess it was ok, just want to feel like we're actually fighting together and not feeling like weight with no value towards the group

Edit: yeah. the 2 hours of running in circles was a bit annoying :\
Edited by Kayfor on 11/28/2010 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You were two steps ahead of us because you were running the entire time. The vast majority of people that went out to Barrens (myself included) were expecting some fun PVP fights, not doing laps around terrain. It was quite honestly the biggest waste of time I've ever seen while playing WoW, and that includes flying in circles for hours in Shat listening to Anebrien talk about raiding. The only fun part of the entire time was when we ran into you guys and we fought, and proceeded to get stomped.

I don't even understand why you were doing it. You VASTLY outnumbered us the entire time, and yet you were running around. The only thing it accomplished (and perhaps this was your goal) was that I'm very unlikely to respond to a "Syndicate is attacking (insert zone)" post in guild chat. I'll likely shrug, say "okay and in 2 minutes they'll be in another zone running or flying away," and go about leveling or sitting in Org or whatever.

The fight in Dustwallow was great though. Until I went AFK for like 10 minutes and came back dead :(

Trust me Syndicate had buckets of fun yesterday. We have guildies that were in the raid that want to do it again today but in Azshara or stonetalons :D

You have to look at it from our point of view. Sending a couple of players to kill guards in one part of the map while the main raid is on the other side, then summoning them back to us when your whole raid shows up to an empty fort is priceless.

Favorite part by far was when we lured you into forest song in ashenvale then all took different flight paths and you were running around trying to figure out where we were landing. Then when i landed at honors stand I summoned everyone back together and we plowed crossroads again before you can come back to defend it! I almost died laughing that night.
Edited by Thetakedown on 11/29/2010 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We did PvP though. We had four kills on every horde 80 in that zone. By using guerrilla warfare we managed to have none of our raid members die, but inflict huge losses on the Horde.

I would imagine you started getting a headache from our hit and runs, because i noticed you began breaking up into small groups to find us. After that it was just divide and conquer. Alliance may be outnumbered, but we are smarter!!! Three cheers for the Alliance!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]