Best single target healing?

90 Draenei Shaman
Honestly, nobody knows, because it's all subject to change. If we all get to 85 and one class is terrible, they'll get fixed. Right now, resto shaman is looking pretty rough, but if history is a guide, we'll get buffed to being competitive.
Reply Quote
81 Dwarf Paladin
Totally wrong, there is no tank healer anymore, they are all extremely capable of single target healing.

The paladin thing still sticks around from back in the day, but if you tally up total HPS over time there is almost no difference.

god bless the person that posted this ... raid leaders please adjust accordingly ...

I knew that it felt like I was more a raid healer with the ability to single target heal as well for 4.0.1 and on ....

soooo if I ask to raid heal I am not going to feel bad about doing so and hope I am not made to feel bad either
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Ok so its all well and good to swap generic remarks about how every healer can do everything but an astute raid leader, decent guilds and anyone wishing for success will be careful when selecting healers.

Yes a paladin as in the example being used here frequently can now raid heal, they always could BUT they dont have chain heal or wild growth

Yes a druid can tank heal, they always could BUT they dont have instant cast, heavy hitting heals or bubbles/beacon

If you are a raid leader and you have the choice between a druid and paladin of equal gear wanting to tank heal, you would be foolish to pick the druid. If you are picking one to raid heal you would be foolish to pick the paladin.

This is how it is, there is no point arguing, yes utility has been ENHANCED on all healers but it does not change the fact that some can heal one target for a high amount for a long amount of time and that some can heal 6 members of a raid instantly, both of those clearly dictating which role should be played.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Because druids don't have swiftmend?

Paladins (while this is a really new change) don't have Light of Dawn?

Your point is invalid by only two phrases.

You are clearly trolling, and have been reported as such, but let me respond.

Swiftmend is on a 15 second cooldown, light of dawn is based on holy power and is not as powerful as wildgrowth.

If you are suggesting that a druid can tank heal because they have swiftmend then you clearly have not played a druid. Read my previous post regarding: enhanced v totally capable
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Because druids don't have swiftmend?

Paladins (while this is a really new change) don't have Light of Dawn?

Your point is invalid by only two phrases.

You are clearly trolling, and have been reported as such, but let me respond.

Swiftmend is on a 15 second cooldown, light of dawn is based on holy power and is not as powerful as wildgrowth.

If you are suggesting that a druid can tank heal because they have swiftmend then you clearly have not played a druid. Read my previous post regarding: enhanced v totally capable

LoD can have a much shorter cooldown than WG, and is still roughly equivalent in terms of healing done. It's also funny that you say druids must be raid healers because many druids are worried they will be pigeon holed into tank healing since they get so much more use out of their mastery from tank healing than raid healing.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Yea,again having a differing opinion about something makes you a troll,there is a reason why i didn't come back to these boards for years...

Druids now can put a 3 stack of Life Bloom on a target with rejuvenation and heal with.....healing touch? NO WAY!?

Keep up rejuv,healing touch or nourish will keep up life bloom and the regrowth if needed and there is your single target rotation(SM and CDs when needed).

I don't have the most haste in the world but i get my "big heal/small heal" down to almost a 2 second cast. Which is a little big for me but for someone with HoTs on a target i would be guessing that would be MORE then enough time given the awesomeness that is swiftmend.

edit:...forgot about their mastery,so again your point is invalid go troll somewhere else.

Ok im not here to upset druids. I have a feeling I am getting heat from them but YES as I CLEARLY said, druids can tank heal, paladins can raid heal. BUT once again, if you compare a situational, small cone aoe heal to wild growth, you do not understand the two classes' healing mechanics. If you compare keeping HoTs up on a tank to hs/wog/mastery absorbs/beacon/FoL you also do not understand the two classes' healing mechanics.

I am not trying to offend paladins and I"m not trying to offend druids, just two classes who can be used as an example. YES they can both perform both roles but NOT equally as well
Edited by Jacobmullins on 11/30/2010 6:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I kinda want to say it's the player, no so much the class, but....

No crap. This is why you should assume that the OP really was asking "Which healing spec is best for tanks, all other things (such as skill, gear, etc.) being equal?"
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Ok im not here to upset druids. I have a feeling I am getting heat from them but YES as I CLEARLY said, druids can tank heal, paladins can raid heal. BUT once again, if you compare a situational, small cone aoe heal to wild growth, you do not understand the two classes' healing mechanics. If you compare keeping HoTs up on a tank to hs/wog/beacon/FoL you also do not understand the two classes' healing mechanics.

I am not trying to offend paladins and I"m not trying to offend druids, just two classes who can be used as an example. YES they can both perform both roles but NOT equally as well

Well,it is my opinion that they can(either paladin or druid if played right). Not much point in continuing this topic of the thread if you cant even counter any of my points.

As i said,druids would only keep up 1 hot on the tank,just like how a paladin used to have to keep up SS,or did you forget?

Clearly you are either trolling or are unable to fault my logic. Let's leave it at that
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Druid mastery is built around tank healing, they'll be very powerful tank healers, if not reluctant ones.

the druid mastery is built around having *a* hot on a target, that will make them good tank healers but it is also affecting their raid healing as well. wild growth counts as a hot for these purposes. raid healing will consist of well timed wg and a few rejuvs + good use of efflorescence.

The point of Cataclysm healing is to not heal targets that don't need it. Chances are you won't be stacking hots on random raid members to benefit from the mastery-- that will make you go oom. If a raid member has a WG ticking on them, you're not going to bust a Rejuv all over their face, you'll do that to a raid member who doesn't have a HoT. On the rare occasion that you'll have TWO hots on a raid member for oh, I don't know, 2.3 seconds, doesn't mean that mastery is even somewhat decent for raid healing-- because it's not.

Efflorescence doesn't count as a hot and doesn't benefit at all from Mastery, to my knowledge.

The Mastery is built for tank healing because you'll have HoTs STACKED on the tank (if you're tank healing). It's not odd to assume that you'll have 3xLifebloom+Rejuv+WG and during hectic moments even a Regrowth ticking on the tank, then blasting them with Nourish. This is the only scenario that our mastery will show.

Edit: I'll remind you that refreshing a HoT doesn't benefit from Mastery, therefore it's also useless in raid healing for this scenario. If a Druid benefits from Mastery in a raid healer-setting, they're doing it wrong.
Edited by Outiluke on 11/30/2010 6:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I have seen no numbers from 85 so I can't say what end-game will be like.

But pure, raw hps at level 80 was:

Holy Paladin > Disc Priest > Resto Druid >= Resto Shaman > Holy Priest

Holy Paladins and Resto Druids would have >80% overhealing on most boss fights. It stands to reason that if Paladins retained the same throughput and were given mechanics to spread the love around to more targets that they would easily have the highest effective healing of any class. Disc priests would rule the meters because the "hps" of shield spam on many boss fights was sick.

This ranking simply refers to a class's throughput ceiling or "best possible hps" and probably only reflects the situation at level 80 during LK. It will be interesting to see how things go moving forward but I expect that Holy priests will continue to be the class that "does less with more." It's become a kind of a tradition.

Blizzard has given every healing class about the exact same single-target capabilities, so I don't think it is possible to say (right now) which class is best at tank heals. We can certainly talk about which class has the best longevity and mana efficiency, which in Cataclysm will be the most important thing during 4.0 (and likely beyond).
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Clearly you are either trolling or are unable to fault my logic. Let's leave it at that

There would have to be some semblance of logical thinking for anyone,not only me to follow you.

Come to think of it,you might..."might" still be playing Wrath of the lich king. Maybe can't get over the fact that Healers are changing,and with that change there might be a new "single target go to healer" in town.

Everything is subject to change as is happening almost every week,but as of right now you have no valid points sir.

Once again your tone and ending with a sarcastic 'sir' show your insincerity which is really not reasonably. Read my post again explaining why a situational, aoe cone heal is not as good as wild growth and why HoTs ticking on a tank is not as good as having instant, raw healing power to heal a tank.

I dont wish to discuss this further
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Once again your tone and ending with a sarcastic 'sir' show your insincerity which is really not reasonably.

This sentence is almost as funny as you acting like Wild Growth is what made Druids OP raid healers in Wrath. It wasn't WG, it was Rejuv blanketing. WG was just a nice supplement. Also, you talk about HoTs like they're meaningless in tank healing. Druid Mastery is designed for tank healing. It's very doable to keep 100% uptime on Rejuv, WG, 3xLifebloom on the tank, Efflorescence under his feet 80% of the time, dropping a Living Seed on him constantly, and even a ticking Regrowth on him during any hectic moments. All of this with keeping Swiftmend on Cooldown followed by bombarding him with Nourish and taking full benefit of our mastery.

Druids are going to be phenomenal tank healers in Cataclysm.
Edited by Outiluke on 11/30/2010 6:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Jacob clearly said that he was talking about a min/max setting for selective raid leaders handling tough progression. That IS the title of this thread; the 'Best' single target healing, not 'rolling list of all tank healing capable classes' which he also stated clearly includes all of the classes now.

Unless you are trying to say that druids are better than all other healers for single-target healing, in which case... really?
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Priest
pallies have never beenn the best single target healers fyi, they're the best tank healers cause they can heal two at a time with beacon. check a disc priest's buffs to single target healing and tell me pallies are better. disc has around 4-6 different buffs which proc regularly on the target, helping keep him alive.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight

Naw i am just stating with the current change to Light of dawn and Beacon(with the changes to druids HoTs) they can now contend with druids for being a raid healer and would possibly do better with their respective mastery of each class.

? Beacon of light has been nerfed 50%, no additional raid healing utility arose from this. LoD is a cone heal, healing 5 targets directly, and close in front of the paladin. HoTs including wild growth are not limited by this range. I'm not sure what you are getting at here

Daemon was right, it seems that resto druids are fearful that the recent nerf to lifebloom and rejuv will make them ineffective raid healers and so they need to further their case for being let in as a tank healer.

ALL CLASSES CAN HEAL FINE. Some just do certain healing roles better than others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]