Tooltips wrong? (Low Level)

41 Human Paladin
Was wondering if anyone else had noticed, but right now on my lvl 10 Pally, Word of Glory and Avenger's Shields' tooltips seem to be reporting numbers about twice as high as I'm actually seeing.

For example: Word of Glory states 83 - 92 healing per Holy Power, I see about 45-50. Avenger's Shield states 144 - 167 damage, I see about 70-90

I checked through patch notes but saw nothing. What's the deal?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
My memory is a little fuzzy about this but I recall reading somewhere on the forums that, due to balancing issues at lower levels, a lot of lower level skills/abilities were toned down. However, the tooltips haven't yet been updated to reflect the change.

Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer. I'll see if I can find it and post it here for you if someone else doesn't do so in the meantime.
Reply Quote
41 Human Paladin
Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Which makes sense, if the tooltip for Avenger's Shield were right, I would be one-shotting 3 mobs at once...
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Which makes sense, if the tooltip for Avenger's Shield were right, I would be one-shotting 3 mobs at once...

Just prior to 4.0.3a, it was. The damage seems normalized in Azeroth content, in Outlands the damage seems to be overpowered, in early Northrend it seems to be semi-low to normal.

This probably has more to do with how much health the mobs have more than anything, I'm not necessarily referring to damage caused, but percentage of damage dealt to one or more targets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]