any luck on deathwing sightings?

85 Goblin Shaman
wondering if anyone on KJ has gotten flamed by this guy. maybe we can start a spotting channel like some other servers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
From what I've heard a channel would only do as much as say "Deathwing is here" then people get there and Deathwing is gone. Other than that, if he doesn't revisit zones, would be nice to make a check list, but god only knows how many times he's blown up Silithis, Burning Steppes, Searing Gorge, and all the other barren lands no one goes to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Zarhym said:
One of Azeroth’s oldest adversaries will soon tear through the Elemental Plane to reforge the world in flame, but this foe won’t be conducting his reign of terror from the confines of a castle or lair. Deathwing is a destructive force the likes of which adventurers have yet to see in World of Warcraft, and his appetite for devastation can only be satisfied by the shattering of the world. Following his explosive escape from Deepholm, Deathwing will cast a deadly shadow over the people of Azeroth as he wreaks indiscriminate havoc across the land.

Once free to terrorize the world, Deathwing will randomly choose territories in Azeroth to attack each day until his ruinous reign is brought to an end. A blackened sky will be the only warning before every living creature caught in his approach is consumed by his terrible fire. The unfortunate victims of his malice will receive a rare Feat of Strength... as well as a repair bill and corpse run.

When Deathwing returns, you'd best keep your eyes on the skies.
Edited by Rockenrolla on 11/29/2010 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Burning Steppes....gooooo!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Deathwing torched Gadgetzan yesterday at about 12:20pm server time. It was crazy as the sky turned blood red and the eerie ambiance led to confused reports over the General Tanaris chat channel if it was the event or not. It was Deathwing but unfortunately I was putzing on the coast with quests and could not figure out where he was. I found out after the fact that those in Gadgetzan died an instant death (and got their achieves - lucky bastards) and the event was over in minutes, literally was about 2 minutes long and done. No trace except for those in chat qq'ing wtf I'm dead! I checked the neighboring zones and could not find him. So it appears that events are really quick and if you're not in the right place at the right time you have no chance of getting there in time. I'm just uncertain if he's targeting cities or outposts. My hunch is he is, though I'm wondering what he targeted in the Burning Steppes??
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
I've been sitting in the middle of Southern Barrens for 40+ hours now.

Blue skies.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
I've been sitting in the middle of Southern Barrens for 40+ hours now.

Blue skies.

He was in EPL this weekend, I had no idea wtf was going on, figure it was a new sunset feature.

Although he was like 10sec away I couldn't see him and only saw the fire but it wouldn't burn me and just faded away after a while.
Reply Quote
73 Troll Rogue
www.auphanclan.com/forums/thread.php?thread_id=13215

In case you missed it
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074088267?page=1

is the forum for Deathwing watch for all servers, sometimes its actually helpful on were he might hit KJ next.

Mainly he enjoys scorching wetlands, that is were 2 of my characters have died to him at.
He visits tarnis a lot as well. Tarnis and Wetlands seems to be your best choice on an afk location to get killed.

on our server I know a few places he's scorched
- Wetlands
-Tarnis
-Felwood
-Arathi Highlands
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Shaman
When Questina got our achievement yesterday, I instantly self-rezzed. Looks like you only get killed AS HE'S ABOVE YOU, as I didn't get killed even after self-rezzing. So good luck getting there in time.

He seems to like torching towns/mini towns. So idle in one of those.

Also, so you know what to look for:
http://img715.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=wowscrnshot113010001244.jpg
Edited by Arche on 11/30/2010 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thread needs more dates, times, and zones!
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Shaman
Screenshots have both dates and times in their name.

http://img715.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=wowscrnshot113010001244.jpg was taken on October 11th, 2010, at 00:12:44, that is 00 hours, 12 minutes, 44 seconds into the day.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
</3 Questina, lucky lucky! =[

Edit: Yay got burnt to a crisp last night in Wetlands =D (7 hours ago) I didn't get to see it sadly. Went to bed and figured I'd let my WoW time out... figures he stopped by to say hello like 15 minutes later.
Edited by Thalana on 12/1/2010 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm betting on Tanaris in Deathwing Roulette, so far no luck.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
I'm betting on Tanaris in Deathwing Roulette, so far no luck.

Yea I've been sitting in Gadget when I am on.
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Paladin
i was killed by him in southern barrens the other day at 6 pm st
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Seems a lot of us have the same idea.

I like the music in Gadget though
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
</3 Questina, lucky lucky! =[

Edit: Yay got burnt to a crisp last night in Wetlands =D (7 hours ago) I didn't get to see it sadly. Went to bed and figured I'd let my WoW time out... figures he stopped by to say hello like 15 minutes later.

I didn't even get to see Deathwing, really happy Arche got the shot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]