çrysis is a neutral AH bot

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Beware if you're trying to transfer valuable items. This is a level 1 female undead warrior, sitting in the building with the NPC ""Sea Wolf" MacKinley" in booty bay. They're standing a floor above the AH but still access it. I lost a hyacinth Macaw parrot cage I had bought for 10.5k to this worthless waste of oxygen.

So here's a heads up, watch out for level 1s near that AH in booty bay.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
There's been a level 1 alt sitting atop that auctioneer for the last few months. While I was working on my insane achievement I always felt like I was doing something good for the server by killing the auctioneer that person was using.
Reply Quote
There's been a level 1 alt sitting atop that auctioneer for the last few months. While I was working on my insane achievement I always felt like I was doing something good for the server by killing the auctioneer that person was using.

Indeed. If only it had been with better timing! ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Love you tcher but lawl
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
Can't you report him if it's a bot and Blizzard can look into it? I'm fairly certain using bots goes against the User Terms and Agreement.
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 8:39 AMPosted by Trabavita
Can't you report him if it's a bot and Blizzard can look into it? I'm fairly certain using bots goes against the User Terms and Agreement.

I actually spoke to two separate gms on the issue. I reported him as a bot, and if they do see that he was indeed botting, they'll do something against him. However, GMs (or rather the GM overlords) are extremely strict on neutral AH issues. Since the "transferring of gold/items with the neutral AH" isn't the intended purpose and not supported, they won't do anything. So no pet, no gold :/
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Warlock
I have reported them also. Hopefully with enough reports they will not be able to do that anymore.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2010 11:22 AMPosted by Tchernobog
12/05/2010 8:39 AMPosted by Trabavita

I actually spoke to two separate gms on the issue. I reported him as a bot, and if they do see that he was indeed botting, they'll do something against him. However, GMs (or rather the GM overlords) are extremely strict on neutral AH issues. Since the "transferring of gold/items with the neutral AH" isn't the intended purpose and not supported, they won't do anything. So no pet, no gold :/

Yeah, I knew that the neutral AH wasn't intended for the purpose you were using it for; I'm sorry they can't do anything about the pet you lost. However, I do hope they find that player guilty in going against the User Terms so you can at least get the sweet revenge you deserve on the guy. =\
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
First off, who actually uses the neutral AH for anything but transferring items? I've never done it. I don't know of anyone that has. But I did have a friend that lost two Berserking enchants to this bot a few months ago. The GM gave him the same response. So now the neutral AH is literally worthless. Can't transfer items, and there is never anything worth buying on it.

/rip neutral AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]