Dear dps, you are not the tank, stop pulling.

(Locked)

90 Human Mage
Yesterday I the healer, caused a ret paladin to rage. I was on my shaman alt and was in the dungeon finder. Find my self in Strat dead side, and group looks good.

We clear the first couple pulls and reach the main part of the instance, where the tank begins pulling (yes, pulling, not just charging in and pulling 20 mobs because of patrols) mobs. Next thing I know the ret paladin is out in the middle pulling mobs. After a very harrowing and frustrating 5 minutes, we manage to pull through and kill all the mobs with no deaths.

I ask the paladin to let the tank pull and leave it at that. Couple pulls later he's about 20 yards away pulling a banshee; I decide to not heal him and he dies. I explain I don't heal dps who pull for the tank; and the ret paladin tells me to shut up and do my job, though not with such nice language. I tell him my job is to heal the tank and heal dps hit by unavoidable damage and that I won't be healing him the rest of the run.

He spends the next 10 minutes berating me for my unwillingness to heal him. Finally he upset the group enough they kicked him. Rest of the run went fine and dandy with only one small hiccup.

Why do some dps feel it's okay to make the tanks and healers play time less fun?

When a group cooperates and works well together, everyone has fun and the instance goes well.
90 Blood Elf Mage
When I'm tanking (Both at 80 on my Paladin through Naxxramas - ToC and on my new Warrior at 70) I find it to be more interesting when the DPS classes get impatient and pull things randomly. It adds excitement to an otherwise boring dungeon. Raids, not so much... But in simple, easy heroics it's welcomed. At least by me.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
When I'm tanking (Both at 80 on my Paladin through Naxxramas - ToC and on my new Warrior at 70) I find it to be more interesting when the DPS classes get impatient and pull things randomly. It adds excitement to an otherwise boring dungeon. Raids, not so much... But in simple, easy heroics it's welcomed. At least by me.

I don't know if you'll have the same opinion when we start Cataclysm heroics.
90 Blood Elf Mage

I don't know if you'll have the same opinion when we start Cataclysm heroics.

I don't plant to run my first heroics in Cataclysm with incompetent randoms, so I will probably be fine.
Edited by Keestus on 11/29/2010 11:33 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Sounds to me like your story went exactly as it should have. Griefer got booted and has a nice repair bill to go with it.

Keep it up!
19 Blood Elf Warrior
dear tank stop pulling when i yell OOM

OOM = Out of Mobs
87 Tauren Druid
I predict come cata a lot of tanks and a lot of healers will be blaming their mistakes on dps.
85 Human Death Knight
Why'd you have to ruin it OP? We went so many weeks without any DPS hate threads and it seemed this forum was going to be different to the old one. You've opened the door now though. I expect there to be at least 5 new DPS suck threads everyday untill these forums close down.
62 Troll Druid
It took your group ten minutes to kick him after all that? I would've thrown his butt out in a heartbeat.
90 Orc Warlock
going from this past week since patch its tanks that are the issue, pulling more than they can hold and even when dps wait for aggro strays still attack dps and heals. tanks need to realize that they can't hold mobs as large as they used too

What are you referring to? Leveling is still on EZ-mode.

That said, just let the tank pull. It's not that hard.
51 Draenei Shaman
Joined a random instance and the first thing I do is to check the tank class. Looking I see a Paladin, yep, shield and all equipped, looks ok and all should be well.

First pull starts and I think hmm strange the Paladin does a retribution attack, not being a Pally I can't name the attack but it is the one where the attack spins around them, think it also heals them a bit. So I just dismiss this as being imagined. I do notice that he is awfully hard to keep topped up in health and he drops fast health wise. I check his equipment and he is wearing BoA's and average gear so then it must be me I consider. Another pull and then again I see the retribution move, I just cant be imagining this and so I look at his talents and sure enough he has no Prot talents just straight ret. When questioned he just replies he hasnt been bothered and all is well. Like come on 10g isnt a bank breaker. Still after a stressful run I do get through it but swearing to check tank talents from now on.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]