Shaman Healing

91 Dwarf Hunter
When did it get so easy...

I healed BC and Wrath with my pally and up until this new changed loved it....

I recently pulled out my shammy who was stuck at 70 and have started her on the move to 80 and OMG shaman healing is easy... And fun... I think I have found my new healer for Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Earth Shield, Healing Stream, Ancestral Awakening, and Earthliving all work by themselves, which is a really nice chunk of healing.

That leaves you with Riptide and Chainheal, and if you're feeling REALLY productive you can keep NS+GHW on cooldown.

I'm not hating, I have two resto Shaman I love em so damn much, but they are painfully easy. Even easier than drooits!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

I healed BC and Wrath with my pally and up until this new changed loved it....

I recently pulled out my shammy who was stuck at 70 and have started her on the move to 80 and OMG shaman healing is easy... And fun... I think I have found my new healer for Cata.
I have to agree. I healed on my priest through BC and just picked up a dwarf shammy. He is now 55 and I love the feel of him. To sum up Shammy healing in one word, FUN...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Welcome to the club! Here are your cookies

*omnomnomnomnom*
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Resto shaman is very easy to play ok but there's a big difference between ok and playing it well.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Hunter
i am a casual.. I know you people dont know what that word really means but mehh.. I look for fun... My pally was fun.. My hunter was fun... My shaman... is now my favorite... She is fun...
Reply Quote
25 Dwarf Shaman
It couldn't have been better timing either. I just re-rolled shaman. Originally to dps, but I respec'd to see how much quicker I'd get into random instances as resto. Haven't turned back since the switch.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
i have been happy with shammy heals. i have yet to heal on my druid post nerf, but i am defiantly keeping going to get this toon to 85 as soon as i level my druid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
A lot of Healing is done based on experience, you click on ppl so they dont die, its not hard but there are so much things to look out for.

conserving mana, predict incoming damage, damage control/reaction, positioning effect and so on...

I can argee that shammy heals are fun, but no healer is easy to play as long as you live up to your responsibilities.

That is, unless you were just spamming HL on a single target for the entire duration of the raid and disregard everything else, expect may be call for a invert when oom since too lazy to care about mana.

I did that a few times, when studing for exams, but thats hardly what I should do.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Speaking as a Resto shaman, I wouldn't call our job "easy". I would call it ridiculously fun and very well-organized (from a design standpoint).

There are just so many moments where you can separate the good shamans from the REAL shamans.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman

2.0 for alliance. I think shamans have always been easy when not running really challenging content. The devs seemed to dislike it at one point before Wrath, but I think they realized it's still a really fun class even with the simplicity.

There is also plenty of room for shaman to challenge themselves to improve, but it's a lot more about positioning than other healers. I personally like that aspect of shamans. I find myself staring at grid a lot more often on my other healers, and my shaman seems to just have the time to watch the fight and anticipate what will happen and such.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]