The LOVE thread :D Healing!

85 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, I'm silly - but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that everyone likes to know what they're doing RIGHT. So I'm posting love threads. Let's show Blizz that there are things we LOVE about this game. Because there are, or we wouldn't be playing it.

As a healer, these are things I love:

(Priest - Holy)
-Chakra. I didn't think I'd like this, but I do! I spend time keeping the Sanctuary version up and running. It adds flavor to everything I do. I was actually saddened when they took some of the versions out.
-Guardian Spirit. Ohhhhh I can NOT tell you how many times this has saved people I otherwise couldn't have kept up with. I love you for this. Really LOVE it.
-All the new ways I have to heal. I can rotate around, swap out tactics, alternate dots and direct heals. I have stuff to really DO.
-Spirit of Redemption. Honestly, I'm not good at PVP. And rogues, dk's, etc, LOVE to destroy me first on the battlefield. I'm soft and squishy and don't take all that long to kill, and frankly, I'm a danger to them in being support for those who DO hurt them. So.... yeah. Spirit of Redemption is the form I spend the most time in. *laugh* I'm immune to damage and have 6-12 seconds to HEAL everyone I can get a heal on. I'm so grateful for this - I'd probably be pretty useless in battle without it. :)
-Light Well. I've heard people say the thing is useless. But it isn't! No, I don't use it in every raid _now_, but that extra dot heal is very useful. It stacks. It helps. It's more healing for less mana than almost anything else I can do. Seriously, if people actually click on it, it can make a HUGE difference in how things go - 10 charges of renew for one little bit of mana is a beautiful thing.
-Holy Nova scaling. <3 . Just <3

(Priest - Discipline)
-Penance. hahahaha this spell is absolutely hilarious - my husband once called it "Teabagging them with your Golden Healing Balls".
-Being made into a tank for ten seconds by a discipline priest is funny as anything - even a squishy can be hard, for a little while!
-The fact that they're GOOD at it. Discipline priests are actually better single-target healers than Holy, if played properly. It's a really viable spec now. <3
-Smite-healing. That's just fun.

(Druid :) )

I don't play this enough to really know it well. But omg - I see druids TOP the healing charts in every bg I go into. They outheal priests. I'm jealous! :D I don't know what they're doing to be healing MORE than the priests, but dang! It's impressive, and I'm considering rolling a druid just for that. (Well, that and the flexibility - druids can do EVERYTHING :) ).

So come on, folks - show Blizz what you love about the game they spend their lives making for us. :)

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Cool thread, a little glimmer of light amongst the deep sea of tears and QQ.

Druids: Versatility. Tired of healing? Yeah, I'll tank an instance. DPS? How about feral? No? Boomkin! Brez is awesomesauce, and you gotta love stealthing in cat when you need to AFK.

Shaman: Dropping earthbind totem in PvP and kiting around frustrated DPS in Ghost Wolf until they get mowed down by teammates. SO MUCH passive healing!

Priests: Disc is a whole lot of fun in PvP. You can almost see the look on that DK's face as he dropped you to 10% but you bubbled and penanced as you danced around him. Holy Priests are the bomb when you want 2 action bars filled up with abilities, spells, and cooldowns.

Paladins: Leveling one right now, and what's not to love? I don't think it's possible to die. At all. I can't seem to figure out how.
Reply Quote
Go Disc or go home is my motto. I was one of the very few Disc priests on my server when I first started and have been loving it ever since. Sure, limited AoE healing, but I absolutely love Attonement since I don't just stand around waiting for Weakened Soul to fall off. I can also cast Renew and have a valid reason for doing so now that it can crit. Also, tanking 3 mobs in HoL because of undergeared tank/dps and prventing a wipe is epic.

I can't say anything good about Holy since I haven't specced into it since Naxx, but it does have some nice new features that make me want to play around with it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't play this enough to really know it well. But omg - I see druids TOP the healing charts in every bg I go into. They outheal priests. I'm jealous! :D I don't know what they're doing to be healing MORE than the priests, but dang! It's impressive, and I'm considering rolling a druid just for that. (Well, that and the flexibility - druids can do EVERYTHING :) ).

Supposedly with the changes to mana regen the cost of our instant casts is going WAY up in Cata, but one of my favorite things as a druid healer was the mobility. I'd run in circles on fights like Saurfang just because I could. And for Rotface I'd sitck side-by-side with the kiting tank for the whole fight, sniping off instant-HoTs and stacking Lifebloom to my hearts content.

I guess I'll try to learn to use nourish and healing touch more, but it just wont feel the same.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Priest
Power Infusion, Divine Hymn, Wild Growth, Power Word: Shield, Prayer of Mending, Chakra, Tree of Life Form, Efforescence, Archangel... I love it all :)

But better than anything?
Mana.

Thanks for bringing it back.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Haha I forgot mana regen.

I left just before BC came out, and came back late in Wrath.

Mana regen. 0.0 omg mana REGENS. :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
GREEN NUMBERS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]