Leveling talent?

100 Night Elf Druid
I like doing dungeons but I want to be self sustainable. What should I spec into?
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
prot
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Prot or Holy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Prot, fast leveling and fast dungeon queues.
Reply Quote
43 Tauren Paladin
How tough is Holy < 60? if you mostly run instances;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
How tough is Holy < 60? if you mostly run instances;)

Tough as in survivability? Extremely. Tough as in difficulty of play? Not at all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Definitely prot. It's been a great leveling tree as far back as I can remember.

Also, how do people feel about 80-85? Between ret and prot, would prot still be the better spec for leveling? I usually duo with people, and this time, as I did with 1-80, I'll be running with a spriest.

Should I tank and let her nuke things, or go ret and depend on the more often used heal?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Definitely prot. It's been a great leveling tree as far back as I can remember.

Also, how do people feel about 80-85? Between ret and prot, would prot still be the better spec for leveling? I usually duo with people, and this time, as I did with 1-80, I'll be running with a spriest.

Should I tank and let her nuke things, or go ret and depend on the more often used heal?

Prot is my opinion. The reasons should be obvious.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
I'm prot and the mobs basically fall over dead. I have yet to sit down and drink after a battle, and I've yet to come even close to dying. I can pull about 4-6 same level mobs no problem, and be full health and mana afterward. (I LOVE Word of Glory!)

So yeah, Prot rules.
Reply Quote
Because of the quest rewards early on, I think it's almost always faster to start out with Ret. Just be sure to keep any tanking or healing plate that you come across from quest rewards as you're getting to 30.

At 30, buy Dual Talent Spec (it's only 10g now). 30 also happens to also be when Prot gets really good for soloing. (you get holy wrath at 28, hammer of the righteous at 29, and seal of insight at 30)

Then you can either stick with Ret/Prot or go ahead and respec Ret to Holy in order to get into instance queues much quicker. (Queues are always crazy short when you join as Tank/Healer)
Any time you don't want to run dungeons, solo-quest with Prot. Prot paladin is one of, if not THE best solo class in the game at later levels.
Edited by Cphor on 11/30/2010 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]