Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

Community Manager
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869
Well, at least I beat the curve :)

But on the other hand was just talking to a friend the other day about this.

Didn't make much sense how much exp the instances were giving.

You would go in at the correct level and come out a level higher. This doesn't seem like much but over time I was finding myself having to completely skip redone zones just to keep up. The gear itself was a good enough reward.
TO THE GROUND!

^^
85 Troll Priest
This is a welcome change in my book! Bravo!
90 Human Warlock
this is so stupid :(

WTB -rep/-vote BUTTON

never ever have i done an instance quest and leveled up by it unless im rested at least 75%
Edited by Datacast on 11/30/2010 1:41 PM PST
85 Draenei Mage
Yeah, I'm glad they did this. I've been leveling an alt with my GF, and we haven't done a single quest since level 10.

I wanted to see some of the new content, but instances blasted us to 30 faster than I could blink.
100 Night Elf Druid
Thanks, I've been afraid to run any dungeons on my new Warlock ever since I ran Deadmines and immediately outleveled both it and Loch Modan.
98 Human Warrior
I kinda started to get the feeling this was out of hand when the quests for Scholomance jumped my lock a level and a half.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good change, I havnt done any dungeons on my human hunter because I was worried that I would quickly outlevel the questing zones.
29 Blood Elf Rogue
Yay!! I've been levelling fast enough in the zones and avoiding dungeons because a dungeon in the 20's gave a level plus of xp - and like others, didn't want to miss anything outlevelling the zones.

Thumbs up.
85 Human Priest
I agree with this change.

Just doing the instance and its quests you easily gain 1-3 levels a run. Couple of 20 minute queues and you outpace your zone really quick.

This happened to me a few times where the mobs in the zone turned grey on me and I was disappointed I had to leave the zone and go somewhere else cause I wanted to experience the new leveling flow.
85 Night Elf Druid
I went in Scholomance about half way through lvl 40, and I left 43

O.o

That's kinda insane.
85 Troll Warrior
That's a good change. Scholo quests gave like half a level, on top of all the xp you already earned by running the instance. I can only imagine what BRD was like.
85 Orc Warlock
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon QUESTS for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

So it's just quest turn in xp then? The actual xp from farming instances will be unchanged?
Edited by Herrmwarlock on 11/30/2010 2:02 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]