Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

90 Troll Hunter
Not happy with this change, the large amount of xp from the quest was a nice bonus to RDF leveling, its not like those leveling had to hand in all the dungeon quests especially the ones given out at the begging of the dungeons which seem tailored for people leveling via the RDF, I for one enjoy playing with others in dungeon more then questing out of them.
70 Blood Elf Mage
I ended up out-leveling every zone I was in after about 1~2 dungeon runs. XP from dungeon hand ins was just too high. Too bad I hit 60 as the change went in effect, I guess I'll level another toon to see more world changes.
85 Troll Mage
This is the most retarded thing I have read since the portals being taken out. I LOVED the fact that I didn't have to quest to level. I hate questing. It is the worst part of the game. On my shammy I went from level 15 to 72 not doing any quest, it was great! I still saw the world, I got world explorer. I just don't like to quest. All Blizzard seems to be doing lately is kill the game. Nurf this and nurf that. Who are the retards that come up with this crap. If I wanted to level slower I would quest, I chose to do dungeons to go fast. I loved the fact I could run 3 dungeons and get 1.2 levels. Blizzard says they want to make leveling easier to bring in new players yet they nurf speed leveling, yep makes a ton of sense to me.
85 Tauren Druid
Anyone else notice that since this has been hotfixed, the recruit a friend 300% bonus no longer works when you hand in dungeon quests?
82 Tauren Shaman
A very welcome change in my opinion. I started a new troll druid and managed to totally skip Azshara. :(

I was thinking about this and wondered if it would be reduced. 4600 exp for killing Kelris in BFD seemed a little absurd.

Well done.
85 Worgen Druid
This is the most retarded thing I have read since the portals being taken out. I LOVED the fact that I didn't have to quest to level. I hate questing. It is the worst part of the game. On my shammy I went from level 15 to 72 not doing any quest, it was great! I still saw the world, I got world explorer. I just don't like to quest. All Blizzard seems to be doing lately is kill the game. Nurf this and nurf that. Who are the retards that come up with this crap. If I wanted to level slower I would quest, I chose to do dungeons to go fast. I loved the fact I could run 3 dungeons and get 1.2 levels. Blizzard says they want to make leveling easier to bring in new players yet they nurf speed leveling, yep makes a ton of sense to me.

Welcome to a MMO....?
90 Undead Priest
If most of you are wanting to "Experience" a zone, why do you even have boas on? That makes no sense at all. Might as well take the quests out now, I am getting less experience than a Zone quest, seems pointless now. I hate this change. I enjoyed the dungeon quests prior to them putting them inside. they werent a problem before. if I wanted to level slowly my options would be one of several 1. not use boas 2. not run dungeons as much 3. spend the little gold it cost to turn off exp,then you can turn in zone/dungeon quests till the cows come home. Why ruin my experience for this game because a handful of others, I dont care for questing. Theres means to slow down or cut the exp gains but theres no other ways to boost it besides RAF which im not paying real money for another account.
You can still lvl in dungeons like you always did if that is your playstyle. The quests were not repeatable in the first place.

Than why the need for the nerf if they weren't repeatable? As many others have said, you could still quest there even after the quests go grey, you're the one choosing to leave.
85 Troll Priest
My sister and i had the extra boost because of recruit a friend and we levelled 3 60s each in the matter of 3 days...In those three days we didnt even play hardcore it was casual and we were gaining 3-4 lvls a dungeon(50k exp per quest). This change I can see as good and bad..
90 Dwarf Paladin
I fully endorse this change. It was a bit ridiculous that I could walk into a dungeon once and gain 2 levels without any BoA gear on or even blinking. I ran only 5 different dungeons once and it caused me to out level 2 different world zones worth of content. The leveling rate could even stand to be slowed just a little bit imo, as even without BoA gear I was quickly outleveling content and at one point even considered disabling XP gains just so I could finish a quest area without blowing by the next quest area in level.
A lot of people in this thread that like the change werent even using boas in the first place BECAUSE of how fast you can outlvl zones before you finish even half the quests in them. Why should people have to choose between questing and running dungeons just to fit YOUR playstyle based on what amounts to a MISTAKE in bloated dungeon quest xp? No one is forcing you to quest to lvl as dungeon xp was NOT nerfed. Get over it.

No one was forcing you to leave the zones in the first place, even if you we're out leveling them. That was your choice, so again, why the nerf just to fit YOUR playstyle?
85 Goblin Warrior

Just stop with the baseless whining about NOTHING. I'm sick of it. All you people do is pick apart blue posts and pull from them what fits your entitled spoiled brat agenda and ignore whatever was actually the entire point of the post. Actually READ what was said. Dungeon quest xp was nerfed NOT dungeon xp. You can still lvl in dungeons like you always did if that is your playstyle. The quests were not repeatable in the first place.

Maybe you should be the one reading? We're unhappy with the Dungeon Quest XP change. They now give less XP that equal level non-dungeon quests. This would be fine if they were a daily or if picking random actually gave more xp than 2 mob kills.

Before the change, you could begin queue'ing at 17ish, do every dungeon and all it's associated quests once, and reach the mid to upper 40's with only minimal outside instance questing while waiting on queues. Considering the time it takes to do a dungeon and the potential for getting a terrible group that doesn't complete a dungeon, this was a reasonable reward.

Dungeoning was not faster than non-dungeon questing. With the higher dungeon quest experience, it was only slightly slower. That was the draw to it. Everyone was arguing that dungeoning messed up their questing experience. For some people who have leveled several alts, or just enjoy 5-man content, it was a viable alternative to full-time questing.

Yes, you can still level in dungeons, just at a significantly slower rate than questing (probably at half the rate or less). The option to level purely through dungeoning at a comparable rate was a nice change and will be missed.

Maybe you should be the one reading? We're unhappy with the Dungeon Quest XP change. They now give less XP that equal level non-dungeon quests. This would be fine if they were a daily or if picking random actually gave more xp than 2 mob kills.

Before the change, you could begin queue'ing at 17ish, do every dungeon and all it's associated quests once, and reach the mid to upper 40's with only minimal outside instance questing while waiting on queues. Considering the time it takes to do a dungeon and the potential for getting a terrible group that doesn't complete a dungeon, this was a reasonable reward.

Dungeoning was not faster than non-dungeon questing. With the higher dungeon quest experience, it was only slightly slower. That was the draw to it. Everyone was arguing that dungeoning messed up their questing experience. For some people who have leveled several alts, or just enjoy 5-man content, it was a viable alternative to full-time questing.

Yes, you can still level in dungeons, just at a significantly slower rate than questing (probably at half the rate or less). The option to level purely through dungeoning at a comparable rate was a nice change and will be missed.

Very well put.
85 Human Death Knight
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon QUESTS for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

So it's just quest turn in xp then? The actual xp from farming instances will be unchanged?

THIS. NERF IT TO THE GROUND PLZ
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]