Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

90 Undead Priest
See your statement can be reversed for the ones that do not like it. Why should I have to be forced to level in zones to fit your playstyle. Atleast the people that like the change have options. I used to pick up the dungeon quests prior and did not have to suffer from lower experience on quests than those of a zone quest. They had a little higher experience gain. Tonight I turned in two dungeon that yielded 2k each with boas while a normal zone quest is 3.3k. How is that even remotely close? Im not saying that the quests needs to be 6k but atleast a few hundred higher than that of a zone quest.
90 Gnome Warlock
Very well put.

Their reasoning is flawed though. The chance at a bad random doesn't justify getting 2-3 levels for 20 minutes of work. If you thought that wasn't going to get retuned for how ridiculously broken it was then you have some unrealistic expectations with regards to how quickly you should be able to get to max level.
90 Gnome Warlock
See your statement can be reversed for the ones that do not like it. Why should I have to be forced to level in zones to fit your playstyle. Atleast the people that like the change have options. I used to pick up the dungeon quests prior and did not have to suffer from lower experience on quests than those of a zone quest. They had a little higher experience gain. Tonight I turned in two dungeon that yielded 2k each with boas while a normal zone quest is 3.3k. How is that even remotely close? Im not saying that the quests needs to be 6k but atleast a few hundred higher than that of a zone quest.

Thanks to the XP nerfs between levels dungeon running still nets you between 1 and almost 2 full levels of experience for little more than 20 minutes of work. If the difference between you "enjoying the game" and your playstyle being hindered beyond belief is not being able to faceroll 3+ levels per 20 minuted dungeon then MMOs probably aren't your cup of tea.
85 Goblin Warrior

They overnerfed dungeon quest xp slightly and I said in a later post that you should be getting a little more xp than from soloable quests but NOT to the extent we have been post shattering. Blizzard tends to overtune and then retune things but claiming your experience is ruined is just more of the typical whiny hyperbole that is expected from you lot.

Do you see me saying my experience is ruined? Nope, I said the dungeon specific leveling will be missed. I rather enjoyed it. Am I still going to play? Yep. Am I still going to do dungeons? Yeah, some, not as much as I did before. The only hyperbole here is the words you are putting in our mouths (or posts as it were).
85 Human Death Knight
Plz blizzard now more than never you have to nerf ALL the xp that dungeons are giving. Zones are make this days to take you from 20-25 30-35 and so on, so when the LFD tool takes you to deadmine at lvl 15 and spit you back at lvl 17-18 you outlvl most of the zone. Most of the mobs are green some of them are grey...and an entire zone is now worthless.

Is not fun.
85 Goblin Warrior

Their reasoning is flawed though. The chance at a bad random doesn't justify getting 2-3 levels for 20 minutes of work. If you thought that wasn't going to get retuned for how ridiculously broken it was then you have some unrealistic expectations with regards to how quickly you should be able to get to max level.

2-3 levels is definitely not what we were getting for 20 minutes of work. With high mob hp and lots of new players, the only instances that lasted 20 minutes might be each scarlet wing. Those would maybe, maybe give one level.

Instances that gave 2 levels would be something like Scholomance which are large and chopped full of bosses/quests. Scholo is about a 45 minute run for the average leveling group. And that's if you get a competent group that knows the instance.

At the same level range you can easy gain 2 levels in 45 minutes of questing. You can probably finish most of WPL in that time, and that is far more than 2 levels.
90 Dwarf Paladin

That right there is the reason it was nerfed. The dungeon quests gave so much exp for such a minimal amount of time spent that you could gain a half dozen levels just from running each dungeon in a level-tier once for their quest turn-ins, gaining those levels in exponentially less time than world questing. Even without BoAs increasing xp gain by 20%. That is quite simply unbalanced. I'm am not saying one should be better than the other. Both should be equally viable forms of leveling. But the amount of xp you get from running a dungeon the first time shouldn't massively outstrip the amount xp you would get from running the same dungeon the second time, let alone questing in the world. Before this change, this was case.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
/brb deleting my lvl 30 druid.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Disappointing. Because honestly, if people really want to quest in a zone and see all that there is they will do it no matter their level.

People like myself on the other hand who just want to get to XX level for whatever reason(twink pvp or raiding) now have to suffer through this crap.
80 Human Paladin
sad face? =(
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'd say this is a fair change. Before the change I found a single Scholo run plus quests ended up 1.7 levels plus multiple pieces of really useful gear. Before that I'd only run Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, and SFK, and the result was I pretty much skipped one and a half zones of quest progression afterwards.

I'd say dungeon run + quests was probably giving too much xp by about 50% over what one would expect from them in the past. I like a mix of both while playing, but it was feeling like I had to choose one or the other with the sheer amount of xp I was receiving.

(now if you guys could just do something about the proportion of time spent in shattered old world versus expansion continents, I'd be very happy)
63 Undead Hunter
Started my undead hunter 2 days after 4.0.3a hit, today I'm one bar from 55! The dungeon quest xp is pretty insane from 1-60! Took me over 3 months to level my ally mage to 80 and leveling a new hunter to 55 in under 5 days has just blown my mind. Must say I do agree with the redcution. Have had to miss so many zones because of gaining 3-4 levels per dungeon. Level 55 and only 250 quest completed is kinda sad. On the other hand though got my goblin trikes in less than 3 days! Woot!

85 Orc Shaman
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869</a>

What does "Significantly" mean?? why are all these nerf posts always so vague? can we get that in Real numbers? 50% ? 60% lower EXP?

Unlike many others posts that I see here, I really despite leveling that is why I always use RaF to level my alts. So I like to know what the fastest way is to get that alt to 60. I will see all the lore and storyline on my 80 because I will have to redo the loremaster achievement again.
85 Human Warlock
Bad decision.

People who want to enjoy areas and quest are still able to regardless.

People who cant stand questing and just want to hit 80 asap without having to wait for the 20th 0.01% drop quest item will be the only ones hurt by this.

Dungeon leveling was already slower than questing in general anyways.
85 Undead Warrior
Very welcome change. I'm surprised how many people aren't qqing about it. Just goes to show how fun the new leveling experience is.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]