Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

85 Worgen Druid
o noes you leveled quickly qq what will we ever do if we level quickly. If its that frightening to you that you level quickly in a dungeon then don't run dungeons?

The issue with that is some zones such as Westfall end their quest chains in the instances, so you would complete the quests in Westfall, run Deadmines and end up with too much experience. Then you would go to the next leveling zone and the quests would be grey by the time you're halfway done with the zone and end up with incomplete story lines.
83 Human Rogue
I'm with everyone with the, admittedly curious, praise for this change. While having a blast trying my hand at healing for the first time on my baby human priest, I didn't notice the levels peel away until I noticed I had out-leveled both the Redridge and Duskwood quests while having done maybe a five or six of the former.
73 Draenei Shaman
How about just a general increase of the xp required from 10-58?

:D
13 Human Warrior
When adjusting dungeon based level gains, please keep in mind that some of us vastly prefer the dungeon content to other options we have for gameplay and leveling. I understand that this adjustment concerns dungeon _quests_ specifically, but I feel it's worth speaking up while the lid to the dungeon cookie jar is open. I'm happy that the zone questers get their proper pacing so long as my instances remain viable alternatives for leveling alts :)
85 Troll Druid
Edit: Noticed it was just for dungeon quests, disregard my statement. I don't care about that.
Edited by Fliksan on 1/25/2011 7:45 AM PST
85 Night Elf Rogue
Ahh! Thank you!! XD As must as I did love the insane amount of xp I kept out pacing the zone I was leveling in on my new mage :( I ended up 26 by the time I finished Darkshore! >.<; So I ended up skipping nearly all of Ashenvale, and probably half of Stonetalen Mountains, and again for Duskwallow Marsh. I really wanted to see each zone in full but I wasn't going to stay back for the quests if they fell so far behind my own level. Granted I plan to go back on my main and just do a full clear of every zone on it sometime to make up for anything I miss while leveling new chars.
49 Dwarf Shaman
Thanks so much for this... Now just reduce the cost of the experience eliminator from 10g to zero then I'll be able to do my professions AND quest in level appropriate zones without quests turning green/gray :)
90 Goblin Warlock
thank you. i'm currently leveling a warrior to see the new quest zones and was actually disappointed by my inability to do dungeons without outleveling the new content.
85 Undead Mage
This is a good change. I've actively avoided the random dungeon tool because I've been worried I'll gain too much XP and mess up my progression via quests. I'm already flying through the levels just by questing... I was worried running dungeons would screw things up.

Now I can queue up and know it's not going to cause me too much trouble XP wise.
This is a good idea and all, but it's worth noting that the zones were pretty smart about giving me a lead-in quest to the next zone as soon as I was ready; I didn't have to finish the old zone to get the lead-in quest. They were distributed fairly well to handle this.
80 Tauren Druid
Boo Blizz and their stupid grind theories.
90 Troll Druid
Are you all serous..? This sucks. The whole point of putting the quests in the instance was so that you could level quicker. At least they are only reducing the XP from quests and not from entire instances.

Also, for all of you avoiding the LFD tool, The bulk of an instance's XP is not in the quests. You will still out-level content without even touching a quest.
Edited by Paeju on 11/30/2010 2:41 PM PST
80 Draenei Priest
Its kinda late now when my tauren paly is close to 60

;___;
85 Draenei Shaman
I figured you had intended leveling-through-dungeons as entirely its own path, much like the choice between the different zones while leveling.

I guess not.
85 Tauren Druid
Puts a damper on my power leveling. However for all the people saying "i "HAD" to lave the zone i was in even though i watned to experience the questing flow of the new zones"

Nobody is forcing you out of the zone your in. Finish your quests and move on. I finished the last of the quests in Thousand Needles before moving on even though they were gray.

and on that note, nobody is FORCING you to turn in the quests in the instances if you're scared u'll be forced to skip your current zone.
Edited by Birkita on 11/30/2010 2:47 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't believe I'm hearing people whine about being unable to level in zones. Just don't do the dungeons then because it's not required or anything and most haven't changed besides being smaller and having the quests up front. I really enjoyed being able to primarily focus on leveling through dungeons but I guess that is greatly diminished now.
50 Human Hunter
A welcome change, thank you.
86 Night Elf Priest
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869</a>

hey it would be sOOper dOOper to fix the dungeon quest achievement which doesn't work.
85 Draenei Shaman
Sucks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]