Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

85 Night Elf Warrior
This is not a good change. Most of the time seasoned players will be making alts that they want to be useful right away. With the 3rd expansion, low level leveling has become almost irrelevant as it is, most races dont have unique story lines that you need to get imersed into so this is just slowing you down from experiencing the current content. Even with new players, you would want them to join the main crowd as soon as possible.

This change definately feels revenue driven for new players and old players alike. Most of us at 80+ will not be 'experiencing' these old zones again on our mains. This would make more sense if they introduced quest changes of this magnitude maybe 2-3 years ago. We would have at least played through the new quests/zones on alts.
Edited by Fireblade on 12/6/2010 11:22 AM PST
32 Night Elf Rogue
I think the best solution is to just make levelling happen at a medium pace, straight across the board. No more people complaining about blasting through zones, or choosing between challenging quests or seeing the new stuff, or having to pay 10g repeatedly to adjust their levelling speed. Dungeons would still give above-average XP just due to their nature. And with the way everything's so streamlined right now, I can't see levelling alts being a huge issue one the newness of everything has worn off.
54 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iyesta on 12/8/2010 1:16 PM PST
85 Human Warlock
11/30/2010 2:56 PMPosted by Cefiron
Why? Just why? I was happy running dungeons. Oh well, just another way for you to force us to spend more time on this game, leading to us spending more cash on it. Oh, and let's not get into the greedy money grab that is the cash shop. Actually, I will get into that, how about you give 50% of all proceeds to a charity? Or even 100%. It's not like it takes an absurd amount of time and money to make one of those pets. First you have 12,000,000 subscribers paying monthly fees (15$ here in the USA), then you add cash shops where the cheapest pets are 10$ and the most expensive item is TRH which costs an astounding 25$ (5$ short of 2 months of game time).

You call yourself a good business, yet most of the "updated" world isn't really updated (such as Feralas), and then you make the coolest new pet in the item shop not a donation item so as you receive all of the proceeds. What's next? Paying to unlock vanity clothes? Then paying to unlock recipes? Gear? Dungeons?

If your sole goal is to get people to spend money on your game (which is fine as it keeps the business afloat) choose one way, not both. If you want people to storm a cash shop, do a F2P with a cash shop. If you want people to pay a subscription, make everything free with a subscription.

Also, because I know someone will say something about it unless I state otherwise. I don't oppose pet sales, I bought the Pandaren Monk after all, but only because it was also a donation.

TLDR: Between making it take longer to level (after making it shorter), and adding more pets (only 1 of whom is a donation), and the fact that much of the old world is still unchanged for the most part. I'm starting to think that Blizzard isn't really putting the money of it's subscribers and fans to the best use possible.

Umadbro?
Also, don't go saying that "most of the updated world isn't updated" until you've...oh...I dunno...actually TRIED it. You pointed out one zone? Wooooo, and EVERY zone on EVERY side of the one you said is COMPLETELY different. Except Silithus.
54 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Iyesta on 12/8/2010 1:17 PM PST
85 Orc Shaman
I, personally do not like this. I think it is optional if you want to do dungeons. You can quest rather then quqe for a dungeon. There is no need to nerf the experience gained. Those of us who thrive on dungeon farming may not be as compelled to level. This may be bad........
85 Troll Druid
Thank you for this change! All the people complaining about freedom to do dungeons - you still have the freedom to do dungeons all you want, only now they won't mean you vastly outlevel people who just quest. You'll be on par with the guys doing quests. Also, what about the freedom to choose both? I for one want to not miss out on questing through the areas, but I also want to do the instance quests while I level as well. Why choose one or the other? This change is great!
85 Troll Druid
Thank you for this change! All the people complaining about freedom to do dungeons - you still have the freedom to do dungeons all you want, only now they won't mean you vastly outlevel people who just quest. You'll be on par with the guys doing quests. Also, what about the freedom to choose both? I for one want to not miss out on questing through the areas, but I also want to do the instance quests while I level as well. Why choose one or the other? This change is great!
85 Human Paladin
To me thats a good thing lvling faster makes me happy :D
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really hate this change, as most of my friends and myself are starting a new classes, BOOO BLIZZARD.
80 Orc Warrior
I think this is a good change for now. Most of us want to go through the epic quest chains in new Azeroth, which meant that we basically had to skip out on queuing up for dungeons if we didn't want to outlevel our zone instantly.

However, a couple of months down the line when new Azeroth is once again old Azeroth, I can see myself regretting wanting this change. Dungeon XP really did make powerleveling engaging, fun, rewarding and quick. Oh well.
85 Human Priest
yey, I love this change.

I just leveled an alt recently and I had less than 100 quests in my statistics tab when I hit level 80.
Edited by Sibelle on 1/16/2011 9:37 AM PST
11/30/2010 1:40 PMPosted by Iceisnice
Yeah, I'm glad they did this. I've been leveling an alt with my GF, and we haven't done a single quest since level 10.

I wanted to see some of the new content, but instances blasted us to 30 faster than I could blink.

Did you have recruit a friend? Cause that is amazing for leveling faster! There are a lot of experience bonuses now. If you want to take your time while leveling to experience the zones and the lore take off your BOA gear and don't do RaF.
80 Tauren Death Knight
wow who doesnt want to level up faster this is ridiculous. the whole point is to max out your level as fast as possible. this will just take even longer to get to endgame content
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Why are the people that want to level as fast as possible getting punished for this? Is the goal to get to lvl 85 or be forced to quest to get from one level to the next and force a storyline on every player and be locked into each zone?

If anyone wants to not miss out on the storyline then STAY IN THE ZONE AND FINISH THE QUESTS... WATCH YOUR STORY UNFOLD.... why punish others for getting from one level to the next that just want to level up fast as possible?

82 Orc Hunter
Nice.

I welcome this change. I was unable to get some loot off of dungeons to do PvP because by the time I obtained the item, I'd be in the next bracket and have to start looking for new gear to be competitive there. (Well, I'm competitive in crap gear too, but now I'll be able to completely dominate).
85 Goblin Shaman
11/30/2010 1:45 PMPosted by Yorda
I kinda started to get the feeling this was out of hand when the quests for Scholomance jumped my lock a level and a half.

lolz i know what you mean. hell thats how i lvled my shammy. i had a 80 friend( pre cata) that was grinding stitching for rep and with about 3 full runs i lvled up each time and got 3-5 massive quest turn ins so dam lots o xp :P
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]