Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

49 Tauren Paladin
I don't understand the people complaining about this being a bad thing. I've leveled characters through both questing and dungeon diving, and they both come out about the same. The only thing this affects is people who quest and like to get a dungeon in every now and then, to prevent people from jumping over zones, which I've run into. This will have NO effect on people who level solely through dungeons, since a majority of the experience you get through dungeon leveling comes from killing mobs/random dungeons. You can only turn in the quests once. Besides, it's not a terrible thing to get out of the dungeons and see the new content. Blizzard has done a great job making leveling less of a grind and more of an adventure. Gaining ranks in Krom'gar's army in Stonetalon Peaks and watching the waves crash in in Desolace makes leveling a byproduct, in my opinion.
85 Undead Rogue
im happy they did this, i was turning my xp off on some alts if i was close to outleveling the zone i was in but still wanted to quest thier and do dungeons at the same time. personally i dont find it fun to single shot mobs all the time.
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869</a>

Is it possible the "issue" of out placing level flow is because players are grinding dungeons to level and by the time they get around to cash out the quests they are higher they they would be if they had only dungeon once to do the quests?

If this is true then your simply saying that players shouldn't waste time collecting quests for the dungeons, or at a minimum your saying that it is not something blizzard is encouraging.

I feel like I am missing an explanation that should be obvious.

Yeah, I'm glad they did this. I've been leveling an alt with my GF, and we haven't done a single quest since level 10.

I wanted to see some of the new content, but instances blasted us to 30 faster than I could blink.

I just finished leveling another warrior to 80 right before cata release and I skipped 99% of the quests including dungeon quests. The few quests I did do started with the TBC and wotlk zones and it was to collect dungeon quests to speed up the process. The idea that it was only done to classic dungeons is confusing me.
85 Human Paladin
I recently wrote an email to the WoW team in regards to the Dungeon Finder tool. I'm interested in hearing other players thoughts on the matter. The email is below:

Dear WoW team,

I'm writing as a fan and supporter of your game, the World of Warcraft.

This email is in reference to the dungeon finder tool. I find the tool to be very convenient for leveling up since it streamlines the access and running of dungeons. However, I feel that the tool blatantly breaks the fourth wall and takes players out of the game by presenting an outside "tool" instead of weaving it as a function of the world.

I bring this up because some of my fondest expereinces in WoW have been the process of gathering a party, making the trek (which was an exciting adventure in and of itself) to the dungeon, taking in the view/environment/location of the dungeon and getting enveloped in the lore of specific dungeons. With the dungeon finder tool this experience is lost, traded in for faster leveling and accesibility, which granted can be sweet.

I bring my experience to your team as a matter of consideration. Perhaps some compromise between streamlining and roleplaying can be had. A possible solution could be that in order for players to access the dungeon finder tool they have to be at the summoning portal for that dungeon.

Thank you for your time. I only hope that my opinion and experience can serve to enrich other players time in the World of Warcraft.
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Screw this crap i level solely through dungeons and uved completely f'd me in the a blizz another grand screw up by you...
90 Dwarf Priest
11/30/2010 1:26 PMPosted by Zarhym
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

Technically..... Level 15-60 dungeons. Level 1s cannot do DUNGEONS! Bwahahaha!! >:D
85 Orc Warlock
Shame that nerf will hurt people who prefer to dungeon level exclusively. Which is very viable for tanks (and we all know we need more tanks end-game, don't we?). Once you've quest leveled a few toons you'd rather poke your own eyes out than do it again..
90 Human Mage
when u were lvling an alt u could choose to not do dungeons (which u had probly already experienced if it was an alt). I chose to take the dungeon path with my pally tank and i think it was a good decision. Before they got nerfed pally tanks were actually really fun to play and lvling up in dungeons from 15-80 was fun and gave me experience that i needed for raiding at 80. If I waited until 80 I would have had a hard time in the raids. Therefore I disagree with this change. They should allow players to experience the lore of the game and go through each zone. That doesn't mean u have to force people to do it with alts if they dont want to.
90 Human Mage
Yes, I know I wouldn't want to lvl a tank now. There will be fewer lvl 85 tanks after this change and if people do lvl up a tank through questing they will be less experienced in actual tanking.
48 Blood Elf Warrior
Well...this hasn't affected me much. :P
Still leveling a tank with the DFT, only going out to collect mats for professions.
Also leveling a healer, heard it was a challenge.
DPS is boring...so boring...

Peace.
85 Orc Death Knight
Now if only they would fix it so that no one can just que for Dungeon Finder while sitting in a city without questing.
85 Orc Death Knight
I actually did level up through questing, guess that makes me a fail tank in your book. But in all honesty I do a much better job tanking then I do DPSing. I just don't feel there is enough incentive to que as a tank. Consider the facts that at level 60 a Death Knight has only recently left their starter area. Eveyone else has been playing the game and queing for Dungeon Finder since the teens. When you just start out there are a few wipes (assuming that you are rolling your first toon this class {on a personal note I didn't have a wipe on my first DK until healers dropped the ball or dropped group}) you will get quite a few times queing where some leetest *explicit* will say this tank *exlicit*. In all the times that I have had that happen to me, it was normally by someone who was killing MOB's solo in the dungeon, and only once has the healer actually given them some kind of punishment for thier actions by not rezzing them when they died. If you want more people to que as a tank then you need to look at your actions in dungeon finder.

1. Thank the tank for queing as a tank.

2. Thank the healer for queing as a healer.

3. When a DPS starts trying to solo MOB's away from the tank Vote Kick.

4. When someone starts critizing the tank or healer unless the tank or healer did something aggregously wrong stop them and defend the tank or healer.

5. If you notice the tank doing something wrong instead of saying "This tank is fail" give them some feedback that will help them get better.

6. Dont be an elitest *explicit* and start giving people *explicit* about how thier gear *another expliit*.

These are just some things that I have thought of that could use some improvments. Thank you that is all I have to say about that.
Edited by Nargre on 2/18/2011 11:02 AM PST
84 Blood Elf Rogue
this aint good cause i never quest anymore i literally grind dungeons and thats it.
02/23/2011 1:03 PMPosted by Kaelrage
this aint good cause i never quest anymore i literally grind dungeons and thats it.

that doesn't make you a bad player, you've just had more experience with dealing with other people and dungeon mechanics, which translates into(hopefully) you being a better player when it comes to randoms later on, no disrepect to people who would rather level the good ol' fashioned way.
Edited by Cuppy on 3/1/2011 11:18 PM PST
77 Human Death Knight
i would like to do raid
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]