Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

While I am annoyed with this change a little. I completely agree with it. It was getting annoying when I enter an instance, gain two levels, come out and have green quests in my log instead of yellow (for the current zone I'm in). Now I don't have to skip a huge amount of quests/zones (aka content).

Thank you.
I actually like leveling quickly. Weird, I know.
41 Gnome Mage
FINALLY!

Now I'll actually be able to get my friends to go questing with me.
46 Undead Warrior
I like how people are whining at this change I'm glad they made it I like doing quest and occasionally run dungeon to get gear that I otherwise wouldn't have. I hate leaving the new zones when I need to keep up leveling... heck I didn't finish Silverpine and wanted to know how the heck did the guys I just helped rez had turn evil.

I'm glad they did this and seriously guys leveling isn't that hard too it's faster than it was 2 weeks ago
85 Undead Warlock
Though I will agree that some dungeon quests gave out huge amounts of exp, if you go purely through dungeons it evens out with the dungeons that have only 1 quest in them.

Perhaps adding a repeatable dungeon quest that gave a reasonable amount of exp to each one would make it less of a grind. The ICC quests come to mind.

It wouldn't hurt to have a randomized repeatable "Kill random boss (x)" or "Kill (x) mobs" in a dungeon each time you enter though I understand there is already an exp/gold reward for selecting random. It would just be something interesting to do when you're already on the 5th or 10th time doing the same dungeon. The exp reward could just be the same as a normal quest outside.

This would be more appreciated in the higher level dungeons where you'd sometimes only get 1-2 bars or so for a full run.

90 Human Warlock
this is a good change. i found myself considering whether to queue for a dungeon or not because i was already getting so much xp from questing i didnt want to 'outgrow' what i was working on, by doing 1 dungeon.

for me the leveling is too fast as is.

on my new alt. i only did about half of elwynn. after doing westfall i completely skipped reridge. did duskwood. only did half of STV before going up to wpl. seems to fast for me.
21 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, I was kinda experiencing this problem myself. Was the first time I ever found myself wanting a "turn off xp" feature, honestly. (And this is after already deciding to just not use my +exp heirloom items)
Edited by Stena on 11/30/2010 3:28 PM PST
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I am leveling up a Restoration Shammie and I just mentioned this the other day too. While getting so much experience fast can be fun and a little exciting it does get a little old. While I was in Sunken Temple last night I actually made the comment that since the changes were put in I had yet to complete a single quest outside of the dungeons. Basically 33 to 52 with out a single quest done outside of dungeons.
64 Blood Elf Warrior
That's really lame. I loved leveling fast and skipping zones so I can get to max level faster. Horrible change but oh well I guess.
62 Human Paladin
I'm glad I got my pally to 62 before they made this change. Although I have to say that in flying from 1-60 since The Shattering it sure seemed like the XP gain was a bit much. Sometimes I felt like I had to choose between doing a dungeon and experiencing new zones. A lot of the process I spent questing with quests already green to me when I got there, and a couple zones I skipped because I leveled through that zone's level range on a combination of the zone before and dungeon runs.

On the flipside, I wish there was more XP from running BC dungeons because I dread the thought of having to do some of the quest areas in Outlands.
Edited by Agapé on 11/30/2010 3:30 PM PST
21 Tauren Paladin
o noes you leveled quickly qq what will we ever do if we level quickly. If its that frightening to you that you level quickly in a dungeon then don't run dungeons?

I think the idea is to make the game as fun as possible for as many people as possible. Obviously, there are indeed ways to not die as a result of getting too much xp. The issue is whether it helps the game.

Leveling is REALLY fast. I think we'll all be ok.
80 Undead Rogue
Oddly enough, "The Dungeon Quest Experience" was the name of my band. True story.
85 Worgen Druid
You would go in at the correct level and come out a level higher. This doesn't seem like much but over time I was finding myself having to completely skip redone zones just to keep up. The gear itself was a good enough reward.

Uldamon was worth a level and a half for a full run including quests.

It's a start, but I still feel that overall quest reward XP from 1-60 is about 25-50% too high, because I'm still having to skip every other zone due to stuff going grey by the time I finish 3/4 of the quests in a zone.
I disagree with this change, due to the fact, that i loved to run instances instead of questing on my alts. it should be the players decision on whether to run the instance, or to quest. changing it cuz of quests is a bad idea imo. Some people like myself, enjoyed the alternative to questing, and that was running instances, now with this nerf, i am FORCED to quest which i hate to do. This in a sense, is catering to the questers, and not the people who love instances.
85 Human Paladin
While you're adjusting the rewards, any word on fixing the dungeon quest achievement so that dungeon quests make progress toward it?

Not trying to be snide, really, but I really would love for that achievement to be properly working :)
90 Human Warrior
Uhh, yeah. This is not totally unexpected. Armed with 20% Heriloom exp buff, I gained over 2.5 levels in Wailing Caverns last night - went in 17, came out 20. Everyone was leveling along the way. At the last boss, two guys leveled at the same time.

No complaints here.
85 Undead Warlock
You would go in at the correct level and come out a level higher. This doesn't seem like much but over time I was finding myself having to completely skip redone zones just to keep up. The gear itself was a good enough reward.

Uldamon was worth a level and a half for a full run including quests.

It's a start, but I still feel that overall quest reward XP from 1-60 is about 25-50% too high, because I'm still having to skip every other zone due to stuff going grey by the time I finish 3/4 of the quests in a zone.

I believe they could just extend the level range for quests to remain green for a longer time so that you can continue questing rather than nerfing everything.

I disagree with this change, due to the fact, that i loved to run instances instead of questing on my alts. it should be the players decision on whether to run the instance, or to quest. changing it cuz of quests is a bad idea imo. Some people like myself, enjoyed the alternative to questing, and that was running instances, now with this nerf, i am FORCED to quest which i hate to do. This in a sense, is catering to the questers, and not the people who love instances.

I agree that some dungeons had too many high exp quests but some dungeons also had too few. They could have evened it out to 2-3 quests per dungeon instead of having some dungeons have 5-6 and some dungeons having 1.

After all the effort they put into the quests I understand that they want people to see it, but it definitely put a slight damper on people who just want to run dungeons.

If they need additional incentive to finish a zone up to a certain point (other than the zone quest achievements) then they could have simply added a final quest that would only unlock after you reach the quest zone achievement and this would reward them with a nice blue item comparable to a dungeon drop/quest reward.

Newbies could be notified upon entering a zone that if they did (x) quests in an area they could unlock the zone quest which would award them with something nice. Coupled with extending the level range of quests remaining green then people could have enough reason to stay and finish/enjoy a zone.

Just trying to contribute some suggestions here so that they don't nerf my dungeon experience even more.
My alt gained 2 levels in Deadmines and one more in WC and it was starting to make me resentful of being there because I was outleveling some story arcs. This is for the better.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I welcome this change.
I recently rolled new chars to enjoy the new content, but I had to avoid doing too much dungeons because when I was leaving them most of the quests were green->gray.
I'm not even wearing my heirlooms.
34 Undead Hunter
Good luck finding a BRD group that stuck around for everything :)

I've run BRD on two toons so far since the 4.0.3a patch, 5 times total between them, on a rogue and pally tank, only one group, while i was on my rogue, didn't do a full clear. Just lucky I guess...
Edited by Khazmazul on 11/30/2010 3:55 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]