Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

85 Goblin Warrior
Well there you go, you asked for this hope your happy.

I guarantee that in two-three months the same people will be complaining that leveling takes too long now.
72 Tauren Paladin
this is so stupid :(

WTB -rep/-vote BUTTON

never ever have i done an instance quest and leveled up by it unless im rested at least 75%

The quests in Sunken Temple were rewarding more experience than quests in Northrend. It needed toned down.
85 Human Paladin

I guarantee that in two-three months the same people will be complaining that leveling takes too long now.

I hope not, it will still be insanely quicker than it has ever been.
90 Tauren Druid
You do realize that most of this is probably due to all the RAF accounts made over the weekend right?
47 Human Hunter

It is extraordinarily obvious now that players will complain about anything, whether it be good or bad. Just wish they left this one alone. It was nice while it lasted.
40 Troll Druid
AWESOME! Thank you SO MUCH! <333
59 Orc Warrior
Instance running (and in my case, tanking) is all well and good every now and again. It's a way of learning how a class functions in a group setting. It should be noted, however, that questing this time around isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Take my least favorite zone, Tanaris, for example: they revamped the quests (and made the xp better) to where I now love the place.

Sure, this patch may cramp some peoples' style, but it's an initiative to get folks to experience a brand new world... of Warcraft.
4 Undead Warlock
Good change IMO.

I'm was finding it difficult to level my farming profession because of the amount of exp I was getting by doing quests. I would find that I was quickly out leveling zones however I wasn't able to farm in the zones that were appropriate for my level.
85 Tauren Druid
Thank god I got my characters to level 60 using dungeons before this useless nerf.
85 Goblin Warrior
Just entered Sunken Temple. Quests now reward about 1/3 of their previous experience... which is less than a non-dungeon quest of a comparable level.
85 Human Priest
Saying that dungeon quests give too much experience is like saying that my girl is blowing me way too much or I have too much money. None of the three can be too high.
85 Night Elf Druid
I can't help but feel like like Blizz devs or forum mods populated this thread with fictitious characters praising this change. I can't imagine anyone in their right minds speaking up in favor of something like this.

Those with a modicum of intelligence pointed out that perhaps some may wish to level up slower to experience and enjoy content and that others are tired of the tedious leveling process after doing it more than a handful of times and would much rather prefer hitting end-game with that next alt as soon as possible. There are plenty of choices in place to allow this without nerfing xp gain in any form or fashion.

My favorite comment however was the gentleman who pointed out how "interesting" it is that Blizzard hotfixes this particular "issue" with the quickness while BG queues (among other things) have been broken and in desperate need of attention since the patch.

Not very well played Blizz .... not very well played at all. /dislike
Edited by Retreat on 11/30/2010 4:55 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
You people dashing for the endgame are insane. You're rushing through all this new stuff, all the immersion in the world, all the fun, so that you can go play 1/85th of the game over and over and over and over and over again, and go to the Trade channel and complain about how bored you are?

Why do you even bother playing, honestly? You don't enjoy the game, you enjoy a repetitive sliver of it. Then you're indignant if anyone dares to want to play the game, rather than rushing past it bleating about how you wish there was only level 85.
85 Human Paladin
Just entered Sunken Temple. Quests now reward about 1/3 of their previous experience... which is less than a non-dungeon quest of a comparable level.

That would be unfortunate, I think most of them would have been fine being halved. Being 1/3 just ensures that most PUG dungeon groups won't do them. :-/
This frustrates me, as I love going out of my way to gather up all the quests for an instance purely for the sweet XP they have given in the past. Why nerf those? People can always choose not to pick them up. Why is CHOICE being nerfed? I want to play the way I want to play, not the way some develop is gratified to make me play.
85 Goblin Warrior

That would be unfortunate, I think most of them would have been fine being halved. Being 1/3 just ensures that most PUG dungeon groups won't do them. :-/

After the change, with two experience heirlooms, the ST quests reward a little under 8000 xp. Quests in Swamp of Sorrows with experience heirlooms reward almost 9000 xp.
In retrospect it's a bit more than a third of the previous experience, probably somewhere around 40-45%.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]