Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

85 Undead Warlock
After the change, with two experience heirlooms, the ST quests reward a little under 8000 xp. Quests in Swamp of Sorrows with experience heirlooms reward almost 9000 xp.
In retrospect it's a bit more than a third of the previous experience, probably somewhere around 40-45%.

It's a little sad that they reduced it below what a normal quest would be. I actually expected it to be a little higher than a normal quest reward.
85 Goblin Warrior
After the change, with two experience heirlooms, the ST quests reward a little under 8000 xp. Quests in Swamp of Sorrows with experience heirlooms reward almost 9000 xp.
In retrospect it's a bit more than a third of the previous experience, probably somewhere around 40-45%.

It's a little sad that they reduced it below what a normal quest would be. I actually expected it to be a little higher than a normal quest reward.

Previously it was about 150-200% of what a normal quest would reward depending on the instance. Personally, that number seems just fine.
100 Gnome Warlock
We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869</a>

Hurray! A change I can get behind enthusiasticly.
67 Undead Warrior
It didn't last till i made my worgen darnit!
85 Human Priest
Previously from the quests you got about 10k experience (12k with bonus) at the 30-35 SM quests. You turn in 3 quests and basically got 3/4ths your level needed.
We level fast enough doing regular quest's now. I've personally never done dungeon's to level. I would much rather do the quest's to level. The new quest's are way to much fun. Just my 2cents.
50 Human Hunter
terrible nerf...
80 Blood Elf Mage
If you don't want to outlevel the questing zones via dungeon quests; don't take quests? Seems pretty simple to me.
85 Worgen Mage
If you don't want to outlevel the questing zones via dungeon quests; don't take quests? Seems pretty simple to me.

Only issue with this is that those who both quest and do instances pretty much do so for the lore of the area. No quest = no lore = back to square one.
85 Human Paladin

Only issue with this is that those who both quest and do instances pretty much do so for the lore of the area. No quest = no lore = back to square one.

Turn off xp until you're back to where you want to be?

I'm ambivalent to the change, though if the numbers reported are accurate it seems like it was a bit too heavy. However, the reason given for the change seems silly at best, and I'm sort of doubting it was the real reason. But, leveling is still faster than it's ever been. Yeah, it sucks that we lose this small advantage, but we've gained so much.
85 Human Warlock
I support this change. When I did DM and SFK I got a load of experience which made a lot of current quests turn grey.
78 Dwarf Warlock
Wot, you gotta earn your xp actually questing and not being little PuG and BG bunnies?

Yep WtLK kiddies, ya do.

Heh......Vanilla karma has come to bite you :)

Welcome to OUR world.
100 Gnome Warlock
The game doesn't start until you reach max level.

You're missing out on 99.95% of the game if all you're interested in is grinding out the current raid of the week.
50 Night Elf Priest
Extremely happy about this change. This is my first post-shattering toon (first time I've gotten a priest past level 17, too), and I've been a little frustrated with how quickly I'm outleveling the world zones while also doing dungeons. I'm five levels past the content I'm working on at the moment (Ashenvale), because I've been intent on seeing each and every leveling dungeon on my way up.

I've thought about turning off XP until I can get caught up in my questing, but I'm loath to do that because getting new abilities is part of the fun. I may actually do that once I can talent into shadowform, though, just so I can get back on track.
85 Human Paladin
The game is nothing like Vanilla, not even remotely close. All of the comparisons drawn tend to fail. The game is much better, more improved, and far less tedious than it ever was in Vanilla.
78 Dwarf Warlock
@Xenotag #55

"WOOT!

You don't know how many lvl 80s I've run into recently that leveled entirely in dungeons and have no idea how to use half of their classes abilities. This is a great change."

THIS. I couldn't f'ing agree more.
78 Dwarf Warlock
Ashella.....

I meant "vanilla" only in the aspect that you have to quest. You have to learn your class. You have to learn your abilities.

You can't just sit in dungeon queue all day long and get 1 - 80.

Glad we could fix that miscommunication.

Have a good day ma'am.
85 Human Paladin
You couldn't dungeon queue until when... 3.3? 90% of WoW has been about that. I'm sorry if I seemed hostile, but I'm tired of people assuming that just because someone things a change seems backwards that they're somehow "kids" who simply "don't understand" the game. I began play about a year after WoW was released. I've played it and while it was fun then, it's much better now.

Not all changes have been for the better, and some positive changes have definite downsides, but to pretend that regressive actions are for the benefit of the game, and that anyone who disagrees is ignorant is a bit silly.

I'm a firm believer in options, and I think the option to do quests or the option to dungeon grind it out to 80 was a great one to have. I don't think this really changes that option, which is why I'm mostly ambivalent to it, but what I'm not ambivalent to is the attitude that anyone who feels this was a bad change simply isn't playing the game properly.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]