Dungeon Quest Experience Reduction

85 Human Paladin
Was a needed change. It was funny when I was taking OFF heirlooms since I was leveling too fast of all things.

But there are ways to mediate this and slow down your leveling. There are no ways to make it faster once they make cut backs. I'm always in favor of more options and more chances for players to decide their experience.
So did they just nerf the quest XP or all XP in dungeons as I liked how fast it was going now.
85 Draenei Shaman
Just finished Dire Maul. Level 36 -46 dungeon according the bliz. The quest now give only 3600 to 4000 exp. Normal quest are giving me 5600 to 6000 exp.

Nerfed them into the ground. Thanks for ruining a good part of leveling alts. Now they are not worth the time to do. My enjoyment of the game lessens again.

Blizz employees seem to think their work on quest is so important they must have lost some sense of self-worth when we did not do them all.
Edited by Strongstorm on 11/30/2010 8:17 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid

definitely necessary, A friend and I were leveling a Prot Pally (me) and a resto shaman. from level 20 to 55 we literally just qued as such, got into dungeons insanely fast, took on the quests, beat the dungeons in 20-30 minutes and handed in to get 1-2 levels. In scholomance i got 3 levels. I reached level 55 in a record 1 day played i believe, just doing instances. From 4 hrs to 24 hrs played I literally stood infront of my paladin trainer in Stormwind and just qued, didnt move until i ran out of instances at around 55-56 when UBRS and LBRS didnt have that many quests.
85 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for ruining a good part of leveling alts. Now they are not worth the time to do. My enjoyment of the game lessens again.

good, see ya later... bye

take it easy, you won't be missed.

Did I say I was leaving? Not yet anyway. I am going to see what Cata holds. You pricks can have the low level game though.
82 Undead Priest
Fine with me was out-leveling most of the re-done zones after a dungeon run. A welcome change.
85 Blood Elf Priest
glad i passed all of those dungeons before the hotfix >_>
85 Human Warrior
ahhh so thats why the exp from instance quests were soooo much and I lvled 3 times in one run! lol but its all good still prty fast lvling regardless good job blizz <3 the redone zones and new quests! < been playing since Hunters couldn't set traps down in combat ^^
100 Blood Elf Paladin
its like 1/3 the XP now, I don't even want to use the LFD now if it takes so long to level.
its like 1/3 the XP now, I don't even want to use the LFD now if it takes so long to level.

Wait, again, did they nerf ALL dungeon XP or just the quests.
11 Orc Shaman
I was enjoying my large amounts of XP. I hate QQers and people who like to level. I'm actually pissed.
100 Human Mage
I noticed when leveling characters over the last 12 months that I could level almost entirely in instances. I think that this change could be a good idea as it may help people level faster via questing, which I think is something that's desirable.
57 Troll Druid
And here I thought the game was becoming fun again, then I'm forced to quest. Bummer, back to never leveling an alt again.
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Quests, but that was the only reason why I ran it, and upgrades. I get like 4 bars out of a dungeon, and I can do them quickly with a good healer or good dps, but when you get a healer who can't keep up or dps who cherry picks its quite painful.
85 Orc Warlock
Got my Tauren paladin well into Outlands thanks to the bloated exp, gladly I made it in time. Really don't like this though, as I really enjoyed being able to dungeon crawl with instant tank ques 15-60 as it is something I would much rather do than collect boar giblets.
Makes sense. I regaled more than one co-worker yesterday with the tale of how I gained not one, but two levels with my first run of Scholomance, and its 6 generous quests. This was on an alt, of course.

Quests, but that was the only reason why I ran it, and upgrades. I get like 4 bars out of a dungeon, and I can do them quickly with a good healer or good dps, but when you get a healer who can't keep up or dps who cherry picks its quite painful.

I level my alts in a rotation, where I only play when they have full 150% rested. So I'm fine with this, I logon, play through 1.5 levels of rested, logoff. It'll still only take 1 or 2 dungeon runs. The quest XP was just a bonus to be honest.
21 Troll Druid
I can't say I'm too excited by this change.

I was excited to see the dungeon quests giving a considerable amount of XP. I figured that, by running every 5-man at least once while leveling up, I could roll eight alts and level each of them up using completely different zones so I never have to repeat content until level 60 at least.

Oh well.
85 Troll Shaman
I was this close to posting something about this earlier. Even without dungeon quests I flew through most of the quest zones on my new druid. I had to make the conscious choice not to LFD while questing in Stonetalon so I could experience the changes you made.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]