What do you use ToL for now?

85 Tauren Druid
I'm just wondering. I imagine I'll start using it more in Cata but thus far since the mechanic change I haven't needed it. Granted I haven't raided in months but I find it odd that I'm not even considering using it anymore. I know what benefits it gives and it never seems to be worth the effort to press.

On a different note, is anyone concerned about the new heal mechanics not working well with Hots? Pre-wrath we were the buffer heals, we made damage less spikey so other healers could do their job more easily. I imagine we're supposed to return to this but with the focus on avoiding overheals how does a HoT based healer fit?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Our druid saved us twice on our first HLK kill with tree of life. First time was an ugly first transition where shadow traps had placed us awkwardly and took a few people a while to get to the edge. The second time was when everyone was inside frostmourne and lots of people were dipping rather low.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

On a different note, is anyone concerned about the new heal mechanics not working well with Hots? Pre-wrath we were the buffer heals, we made damage less spikey so other healers could do their job more easily. I imagine we're supposed to return to this but with the focus on avoiding overheals how does a HoT based healer fit?

I am not positive but I've read that Damage in Cata is supposed to be a hellofalot less spikey than wrath was. In theory this gets rid of the need of "buffer heals" we no longer get to blanket rejuv's on people and keep a full tank of mana.

Not implying that it was just EZ-Heals, but we actually have to heal on a reactive basis. not just predicting when somebodys gonna get hit hard and blanketing them with everything.

There really is no way to judge how it will fall in cata content. But I will expect to see changes. its in blizzards nature.

For the next 6 or 7 days of Wrath, we kinda are forced to overheal. like an insane amount if you can tell.

In regards to Tree Form. I want the old one back. I absolutely hate the idea of resto druid's having to think about when to pop tree. All i've used it for has been memories, an "Oh %!@! button" , a oprotunity to shoot wraths during a 'boss' in heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I pop it during phases of heavy raid damage. Basically I pop single lifeblooms on as many people as I can, then regrowth low raid members everytime clearcasting procs. It is incredibly mana-efficient and I'm really glad Malfurion's Gift was unlinked from Fury of Stormrage -- it's not unusual to leave ToL with similar mana as when you enter.

As far as new heal mechanics are concerned, I think people will just need to get used to people with lifebars that aren't immediately full. Whether or not we end up wasting a tonne of mana and overhealing will depend on other healers trusting that we are doing our jobs.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I pop it during phases of heavy raid damage. Basically I pop single lifeblooms on as many people as I can, then regrowth low raid members everytime clearcasting procs. It is incredibly mana-efficient and I'm really glad Malfurion's Gift was unlinked from Fury of Stormrage -- it's not unusual to leave ToL with similar mana as when you enter.

As far as new heal mechanics are concerned, I think people will just need to get used to people with lifebars that aren't immediately full. Whether or not we end up wasting a tonne of mana and overhealing will depend on other healers trusting that we are doing our jobs.

So you're saying we're doomed... :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]