How to play a prot pvp pally in bg's?

85 Tauren Death Knight
Before the recent patches leading up to Cata, I understood paladins for the most part. Now I have no idea what is going on, or what my main abilities are, or how to use them in a good sequence.

In pvp, right now, what I do is use crusader strike a lot, then while crusader strike is on cooldown I use avengers shield, hammer of the righteous (i think), and then holy wrath as well, then usually back to crusader strike. I try to let myself get at least 2 charges of holy power before using hammer of the righteous too.

I see prot paladins topping the charts in damage sometimes and I can't get anywhere close to what they're doing. All the abilities seem so clunky, don't work together well, and have long cooldowns for pvp. I rarely see avengers shield as a proc either. I die very quickly. So how do u good bg paladins play?
Reply Quote
I should say I am level 56 right now too, so maybe I don't have a key ability yet? I dunno.

Just posting if someone can look up my talents and whatnot if they need to.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Ok thanks Orocowsaki. I will try what you listed.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Good post Oro, helps me out
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
all hail Orocowsaki!
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Druid
At lower levels, I feel that HotR is better than CS at times even when it's not an AoE situation. Esp. vs other plate.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Preemptively taking lots of Tylenol, once you get past the first wave of headaches from ur forhead smashing the keys. It's easy.

Kinda like getting over that caffine headache you get on ur days off and no coffee, which i'm currenly going through.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you buff me? I'd buff me, I'd buff me so hard.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Before the recent patches leading up to Cata, I understood paladins for the most part. Now I have no idea what is going on, or what my main abilities are, or how to use them in a good sequence.

I wrote a detailed Prot PVP Guide for 4.0, here's the thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020864251
Reply Quote
91 Orc Death Knight
I've been following Taugrimm's guide as I level my Pally. Granted I'm only 43 but I am constantly top on damage and healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]