Is agility going to kill me?

71 Tauren Paladin
Long story, but I lost a full set of plate heirloom gear during a character transfer, and I'm left with my set of mail and cloth heirlooms. I am NOT paying the new prices for Heirlooms (3500 justice points for an axe! lolz!) so I'm stuck wearing my "enhance shaman" heirlooms with agility on it. I'm dual'd Prot for instance grinding and Ret for quest grinding.

Am I going to hurt really bad at later levels with the mail agility gear or will I be fine until 80? Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not a huge deal, but it's not great either.

You're best bet is probably to use the cloth stuff and level as holy through LFD.
Edited by Sarrael on 12/1/2010 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Just please please don't try to tank in the cloth gear. I saw a pally do that before, tanking in that int heirloom robe with a bonkbonk and a shield thrown on. Even in a low level dungeon before the patch I couldn't keep them alive on my healer, it was horrible.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveling my shaman as enhance with heirloom cloth chest and shoulders, I don't see why you would have any problems, unless you plan on tanking instance is mail which you might pay for.
Edited by Alysm on 12/1/2010 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am NOT paying the new prices for Heirlooms (3500 justice points for an axe! lolz!)

Just a heads up, JP will be stupid-easy to come by at 85. Heroic bosses give 75JP a pop. With an average of 4 bosses per dungeon, you get 300JP per dungeon--more than 3x the norm for a Wrath heroic.

In the beginning, Cata dungeons will prolly take between 20-30 mins,
Reply Quote
Agility consists of attack power and crit rating whereas Strength consists of attack power and parry rating.

Its really not that bad at all, if anything, you may get more dps out of it. I would never try it myself unless it was a twink like yours, which i probably should test out now this topic has come up. Anyways you traded parry rating for crit rating however the base stat for a pally IS strength so who knows, it may actually be better. But you you are squishier than before :P
Edited by Rohirio on 12/1/2010 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Agility consists of attack power and crit rating whereas Strength consists of attack power and parry rating.

Pretty sure Agi doesn't give us attack power.
Reply Quote

Pretty sure Agi doesn't give us attack power.

If that is true then my statement is outdated by a week cuz i noticed the attributes around then and considered running tests because of it of it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I leveled my warrior up as prot/fury, and I tanked wearing the dreadmist robe. It had more stamina than most plate chests thanks to being heirloom, and it was about 2% physical mitigation less than wearing a green plate chest, a little more with a blue.

I could charge around and live for a pretty long time on my own before the healer got in range, except for tougher pulls, which would have hurt without CDs anyways, and probably live longer than most who weren't using a plate chest because I do use CDs.

Now, if I was wearing all cloth, that would be different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]