So why did you switch mains?

85 Draenei Death Knight
So I was curious what everyone's reasons for switching mains is, Whether you are swapping cor cataclysm or changed previously, let's hear when and why you've changed classes as your main.

I'll go first, I used to play a rogue, back in TBC and threw most of WotLK, but I decided to give up my rogue in favor of this DK in ICC because I was fed up with the way rogues were trending, in pve the most fun I had was honstly with the annoying 3 stack HfB, envenom/rupture rotation, being able to maintain that rotation while doing everything else necessarily for the fight felt like I had to actually be skilled to do my dps, but as the patches came my rotation got simpler and simpler dissolving into a rather mindless envenom spam, In pvp I got fed up with how the rogue worked most fights came down to whether or not I had specific cds available or not, if I had them I would win, if I didn't I would get killed, and I'll be honest... I could never quite figure out how to get vanish to work half reliably in pvp
and it was a source if massive frustration to lose fights in duels/arena/bgs due to vanish not working (vanish fail, prep vanish fail me "wtf?!")
Reply Quote
54 Draenei Paladin
i was a rogue all woltk. CS> KS sharing dr, no new good things, i am gonna play my mage or my warrior at cata (maybe druid)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I went to my DK(this DK) I really enjoy how the resource system for them works out it feels really interesting and fun, making it much more enjoyable to play both in PvE and PvP, and unlikely my rogue I never got that feeling that I'm unkillable with all my Cds up and completely gimp without them.
Reply Quote
60 Human Priest
I played a Hunter in WotLK. Focus is not for me. I think there are objective problems with focus in its current iteration, and the devs give no indication that they even think Hunters need looking at, much less that they are willing to do anything to bring the 2 month old focus system to the same level of refinement as the 6 year old resource systems of most other classes, or even the 2 year old resource system of Death Knights. Even if I'm wrong, and the problems I'm seeing with the Hunter class in general and focus in particular are purely subjective and only in my mind, so what? I pay my subscription fee to have fun, my Hunter is not fun any more.

I'm playing my Elemental/Resto Shaman. I can heal for faster queues and I have a much more fun DPS spec as well. It's just a more satisfying play experience. So my main is changed now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My druid was my first main in vanilla... and I always keep coming back to her.

For a while though, my rogue was my main. But the changes to rogue - especially in WotLK made me HATE my rogue. I was barely able to stomach getting her to 75... and then stopped leveling her again until they brought in recouperate... but even then my rogue isn't nearly as fun as she once was in vanilla.

At this point, my druid is my front-runner for my main for Cata... though I still like my DK and he has a strong possibility as my main... or at a minimum, my prime alt.

I just leveled up my priest within the last month from 61 where he had been sitting dormant since the beginning of BC. I used to HATE my priest, but leveling him to 80 was actually fairly fun. Definitely different then he was in Vanilla where I found I didn't like him.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Warlock in Vanilla and TBC. Switched to a DK Tank (quicker catchup, plus the added bonus of being new and different) in Wrath because DPS was just a complete waste of my abilities. Switching to a Prot Warrior because its just way more frigging fun than a DK.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I abandoned this guy to reroll with a RL friend as an ally DK. By the time I convinced him to migrate over to Horde, the DK was too geared not to be my selling point while guild shopping.

Now that WotLK progression doesn't matter, I can go back to priesting.
Reply Quote
54 Draenei Paladin
I went to my DK(this DK) I really enjoy how the resource system for them works out it feels really interesting and fun, making it much more enjoyable to play both in PvE and PvP, and unlikely my rogue I never got that feeling that I'm unkillable with all my Cds up and completely gimp without them.

Yup, rogues are so unfun, having to sacrificate attack (our attack is already low damage compared to a lot of other class) to use a 30 sec rolling hot? no thanks, i have way more fun on my other chars, it was so frustrating to be totally useless whitout cds
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Double post :(
Edited by Athair on 12/1/2010 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I played a Orc lock in Vanilla (max lvl 52 after 6-8 months) and then raided on her for BC. I found the rotation (affl) boring (mostly cause I was threat capped all the GD time) and I found PvP even worse...

I was @ Farm (ab) one time and a Nom F-Mage came in & tried to kill me (A few Ally were there attacking, a few horde were defending). Every time I used an ability he countered. Everytime he tried to use an ability, I countered. It got down to the wire & I tried to Drain Life him to death (noobish maybe, but I had to try) and he was ice lancing me trying to take me out. I ended up surviving with like 200 HP and I wanted to confirm that I got the kill. Clicked on the mini-map icon to bring up K/D's and saw I was 15-0 (I was dotting people like crazy before that). That was when I decided to swap mains...

This drood was a low lvl alt for vanilla (got private, yah!). I though I would like healing @ 70 (and our guild was short healers) but I lvl'd feral and couldn't make the switch. Ended up being one of 3 MT's for my guild and first right to any items I wanted (SP ring from Lurker anyone?). Come LK I swapped to Ally to this guild (which was flooded with tanks) and have been kitty since.

Plan to make a War-Gun druid 1-85 and keep this toon for Bare

Moo
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Warrior
I stopped playing my rogue because of new abilities being boring, not very useful, or simply annoying. Gameplay in PVE is basically a weak warrior with a lot less mobility. There's less difference between rogue specs than the specs of any other class I've played and none of the rogue specs feel like any standard rogue archetypes in pve. Stealth, one of the most class defining abilities in the game, is practically useless in PVE. Instead of trying to make stealth useful they gave rogues recuperate and momentum so rogues would need stealth less while leveling. I enjoyed my rogue in vanilla, I just wish I left her there and switched mains in TBC instead of waiting till early WOLK to make the change.
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Warrior
Double post
Edited by Zuzie on 12/1/2010 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Shaman
Playing an enhancement shaman is like a girl thinking she can change her badboy boyfriend.
Reply Quote
30 Orc Shaman
Playing a hunter, I haven't yet but its getting hard to say that with a straight face.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]