So why did you switch mains?

57 Tauren Druid
I played a Hunter in WotLK. Focus is not for me. I think there are objective problems with focus in its current iteration, and the devs give no indication that they even think Hunters need looking at, much less that they are willing to do anything to bring the 2 month old focus system to the same level of refinement as the 6 year old resource systems of most other classes, or even the 2 year old resource system of Death Knights. Even if I'm wrong, and the problems I'm seeing with the Hunter class in general and focus in particular are purely subjective and only in my mind, so what? I pay my subscription fee to have fun, my Hunter is not fun any more.

I'm playing my Elemental/Resto Shaman. I can heal for faster queues and I have a much more fun DPS spec as well. It's just a more satisfying play experience. So my main is changed now.

what he said, cept im leveling a rogue now and in cata will play mage.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
I was a warlock until vanilla. Than they suggested the lifetap nerf and I jumped that ship asap. It seems i made a good choice.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I played a Mage all through vanilla and halfway into TBC. As my guild got Karazhan into farm status, we started running alts through there, and that's when I discovered that raiding as a Moonkin was considerably more fun and interesting than raiding as a Frost Mage. (Frost was decent DPS back then, but there was no rotation - it was just Frostbolt over and over again).
It helped that my guild already had something like 5 Frost Mages, but no Moonkin mains.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I've had a Warlock for 5 years but i got tired of how the class can't seem to find any kind of direction.

So now I play Demo for my Warlock (it's actually fun and unique)
I play Fire for Mage (it's like Destro but a lot more fun)
I play Shadow with my Priest (it's like Affliction, except not broken)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I played the shaman in vanilla, then switched to a feral druid in TBC when they nerfed windfury with the 3s cooldown. I switched to the DK main in WOTLK when cat druids were forced into the J.F.Madden rotation with savage roar and positional shred. For Cataclysm I will most likely stick with the DK as it wasn't hurt too badly in the 4.0 changes.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard ruined my class. ( Ret ) So I switched.
Reply Quote
64 Undead Warlock
My druid was my first main in vanilla... and I always keep coming back to her.

For a while though, my rogue was my main. But the changes to rogue - especially in WotLK made me HATE my rogue. I was barely able to stomach getting her to 75... and then stopped leveling her again until they brought in recouperate... but even then my rogue isn't nearly as fun as she once was in vanilla.

At this point, my druid is my front-runner for my main for Cata... though I still like my DK and he has a strong possibility as my main... or at a minimum, my prime alt.

I just leveled up my priest within the last month from 61 where he had been sitting dormant since the beginning of BC. I used to HATE my priest, but leveling him to 80 was actually fairly fun. Definitely different then he was in Vanilla where I found I didn't like him.

this. my priest alt..well was level 40 for 2 years. leveling a priest was awful. Literally 8 buffs to cast every time u died, mana issues, no aoe. Almost deleted her. Then leveling got easier and priests got buffed in that department slightly.

My main is a rogue of 5 years. I want to quit her, I am done with any enjoyment of the class but keep playing....she was the 1st toon I ever made and owe myself some loyalty for at least a little more. Ive been over 2200 rating and ranked in WoL several times (yea yea big deal) Ive played her extensively in pvp and pve. I do not like the see-saw of dps they play with rogues and the "gold standard design" of dps for rogues i think is not the truth anymore. I saw what happened in naxx and I saw it again in 4.0. people both times "didnt matter". but it actually does to the user, my tolerace of the class is at an all time low.

PvP on a rogue is distasteful...i dont like stunlocking for casters on my way to victory, I seriously cannot stomach pvp on my rogue anymore, I feel so vulnerable and weak out of stealth. I know the developers have made some efforts in this department, but for me its too little too late.
Sadly I am anchored by mounts my titles, my nerd points, my little momentos (i still have my masons Fratenity ring in my bank for examaple).

If leveling a priest was easier back in the day, I would have switched at the drop of a hat. now im too far in, but I want out.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Thinking right now of whether I want to main my Rogue, DK or Mage.

It's hard to let go of my rogue because I'm attached (Legendaries, achievements, mounts, items), but there's no doubt in my mind that DK and Mage are just plain better classes at this point and will most likely remain so.

It's problematic when, as a player, I can see that the developers are afraid of making basic changes to rogues because they are not willing to put in the effort to rebalance them.

Combo Points still on target. Rolling recuperate. PATHETIC PVP damage. PATHETIC PVE damage. Absolutely no useful utility for PVE raids. Balanced around Tricks trading with another rogue. Boring PVE rotations. Conflicting tree design within the same tree. Extremely lackluster abilities and talents.

I really wish Blizz would actually just take a god damned week to fix Rogues so they may continue to be enjoyable, but it doesn't seem like they care enough about the class to stop it from dying. I've played a rogue for 6 years now, and once I move on, I'm never coming back to it.
Edited by Lunareste on 12/1/2010 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Mage
My shamman is very fun and versatile :3 Still using my mage casually (first toon), tho, just because Firelords Vestments are a must have.
Reply Quote
30 Orc Shaman
I want to play my hunter but its so bad, mages are broken in PvE so the only other class I could play is garbage in 80% of the game.
Reply Quote
58 Gnome Rogue
i use to be a hunter in TBC, then leveled a DK to 80 in under 3 weeks, and finally switched to a pally.... strange circle, but a paladin is the only class that i enjoyed leveling to 80
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Played a holy priest in Vanilla (switched to shadow PVP along with rogue and mage)
Played a Shadow Priest in BC.
Played Shadow/Disc in Wrath.
Will be playing Shadow/Whatever heal spec I like better in Cataclysm.

Levelling a Dwarf Shaman and gonna start a Worgen of some type too as my new alts.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
I played a Hunter in WotLK. Focus is not for me. I think there are objective problems with focus in its current iteration, and the devs give no indication that they even think Hunters need looking at, much less that they are willing to do anything to bring the 2 month old focus system to the same level of refinement as the 6 year old resource systems of most other classes, or even the 2 year old resource system of Death Knights. Even if I'm wrong, and the problems I'm seeing with the Hunter class in general and focus in particular are purely subjective and only in my mind, so what? I pay my subscription fee to have fun, my Hunter is not fun any more.

I'm playing my Elemental/Resto Shaman. I can heal for faster queues and I have a much more fun DPS spec as well. It's just a more satisfying play experience. So my main is changed now.

Offtopic: And the above, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have a hybrid tax. To try and stop pure players from realizing how much greener the grass is over in hybrid-land.

(this is the part where a bunch of hybrids post "HURR I NO HEEL WHEN I DPS SPEC" and totally miss the point. kgo)
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Mage pve is terrible.

So why did you switch mains?

Because we're all switching to Mages. We all want to be entitled and allowed to operate outside and above the other classes and call it skill. For the same reason everyone switched to DK back when they were the 'hero' class.

Somebody is in for a very, very rude surprise in about a week and a half. lmao
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
probably level 3 classes at the same time. i'm not doing the whole "cata" rush leveling thing. WoW is way more fun to me that way.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I was a lock yesterday, I will be a lock today and I will be a lock tomorrow.
Reply Quote
I started as an afflic lock and stayed that way till Wotlk. I didn't like the way they were trying to make locks more mage-like, I used to love being a cloth tank, thought it was so unique. I had to try something else in WotLK cause I hated the way lock was starting to feel so glass cannon. I tried out the new pally changes and stayed as Ret in WotLK. Now, I'm probably going to go back to Afflic Lock in Cata because Ret is still in an experimental state with it's weird holy power combo mechanics and Mastery RNG. ughhh I want to stab myself when I play it now.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I didn't. My rogue and warrior are still going to be co-mains. I might play my mage as a close third instead of my shaman and hunter, but I'm not sure. Druid, paladin, and lock are going to remain in the background because they're just not my cup of tea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]