***ENTER THE THUNDERDOME*** - PVP Tournament

85 Goblin Warlock
This post is best viewed with accompanying theme music posted at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgdkkG2Jl5w&feature=related

Please open a new browser window to commence before returning to continue

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

You have been summoned to the ‘Caelestrasz Dueling and Arena Playoff’.
It’s been far too long between drinks with regard to a tightly organized gladiatorial style PVP playoff on Cael; and I for one am very thirsty!

Brought to you by ‘Unclean Engagements’ and sponsored by <Epitaph>

***ENTER THE THUNDERDOME***

Come showcase your skills, inflate your epeen, and shut your haters up by enjoying the satisfaction of Teabagging your worst enemies and your closest friends in PVP combat at the Blades Edge Arena.
Tournament Style Dueling and Arena Death Matches await for those willing to test their pride and skill in order to claim bragging rights and claim HUGE prizes as part of tournament ***ENTER THE THUNDERDOME***.

The tournament will work under STRICT fixed parameters, and will be broken into two categories, being;

1 vs. 1 – The ultimate test. Do you have what it takes to step beyond perceived class imbalances, shut your face with regard to QQ and actually outsmart your opponents? 1 vs.1 is disputably the pinnacle of WoW PVP eliteness.

5 vs. 5 – There is no I in team and there never will be. That along with the fact that you cant obtain top tier items in the PVP domain without friends. God forbid playing an online multiplayer game with other people. I never signed up for that. But here it is, in your face and spanking HP down faster than being one shot by a 13 tenacity Retadin. (44,893 overkill btw); 5v5 Deathmatches.

Rules of Engagement: (READ CAREFULLY)

1. Arena rulings apply. ***FOR THOSE WHO DON’T UNDERSTAND, THIS IS PLAIN ENGRISH. NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING, IS TO BE USED THAT CANNOT BE USED IN A RATED ARENA MATCH*** (It is up to participants to LEARN THE LAW in this respect. Anything outside of this will result in immediate forfeit and disqualification. (Pots, rocket boots, skills on extended CDs etc. ) DO NOT STUFF THIS UP, or you will be disqualified. No excuses or debate will be entered into.

2. Any interference during tournament play will result in
    a. Disqualification of individual(s) interfering.
    b. Disqualification of EVERY associated Guild member of the offending individual(s) interfering. Any non guilded individual is to be Killed on Sight. (Unfortunate security measure.)
Note: Interference also includes players on Flying mounts within the surrounding arena space. (Please refer to Rules of Engagement 2.a and 2.b.)

3. Players must play within the confines of the Arena. ie. No Warlock ports in bogus places or similar.

4. Any players who leave the arena during combat, whether involuntary (e.g. disconnect) or voluntary, also forfeit.

5. Players will be allowed to choose ‘Spec’ for any given encounter. YES – You can respec in between matches or for different opponents. If any given player is able to excel at any (more than one) spec, they will be given the opportunity to display their prowess.

6. Five minute timers between matches will be enforced. (Obviously we will be under time constraints and would appreciate getting things moving ASAP and when people are ready. But if you exceed a 5 minute timer and are not ready to enter combat, you forfeit.) NO DEBATE HERE ALSO. ***IMPORTANT***

7. You are here to duel and kill your opponent, any excessive turtling or disengagement (including extended stealth) can result in disqualification from the tournament. Please take this into consideration.
Edited by Unclean on 11/25/2010 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

Entry Fees:

8. Entry Fees are fixed at 1000G per toon competing (max 2 toons). This covers participation in both 1vs1 and (one) 5v5 team. (Players can compete on two toons providing fees are paid and rules of engagement are met i.e. point 6)

9. Fees are to be paid by in game mail to character ‘Fees’ on Caelestrasz Horde by no later than 12pm AusEastern Friday 03 Dec 10.

10. On receipt of payment of fees, participant’s names will be added to the forum post below. (Please allow 24 hours for update as I don’t want an entire thread of people crying about where there name is if I decide to go to the pub on any given evening.)

Tournament/Combat Admin:

11. The 1v1 competition schedule will be finalized on Saturday 04 through my assigning each toon competing, a number by use of a random generator in Excel. (in the unlikely case that one ‘player’ has two toons head to head, that player will need to select one toon, with the other forfeiting BUT entry fee for that toon will be refunded.)

12. The 1v1 competition, will be a knockout comp, but matchups will be decided using the following method.

Participants will be RANDOMLY put into pools of 4. Each toon will duel opponents in the group ONCE. Whichever 2 toons in the group have the best aggregate win/loss ratio move onto the next phase of the competition. Group size at the advanced phases is yet TBC, pending numbers involved. (But I anticipate to be known before competition starts).

13. The 5v5 will be run in a similar vain with regard to random number and opponent generation however, will be conducted using a 3 fight format. Each 5s team will be paired of vs another 5s team. The winner of the best of three arena matches will move to the next round till we have a winner.

Schedule:

14. The ***Enter The Thunderdome*** Event will commence 6pm AusEastern on Sunday 05 December – This is NON NEGOTIABLE.

15. 1v1 Lineups to be confirmed by Saturday 04 December

16. Nominations and ENTRY FEES DUE 12pm AusEastern Friday 03 Dec 10.

The Bounty:

17. 1 x Lich King Kill, Shadowmourne Mount – Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger

18. All gold generated through Entry Fees to the winners.

19. Bonus lucky door prizes to the Cael PVP faithful!

Distribution as follows:

20. The winning 5v5 Team Takes home 75% of all revenue generated through Fees to divide amongst the team.

21. The winner of the 1v1 Comp takes the remaining 25% of Gold.

22. With regard to the Mount. **READ CAREFULLY** The 5 members of the winning 5s team + the winner of the 1v1 will enter a raid group with the GM of <Epitaph> Dankz for a shot at the mount. The mount is to be rolled on, once by each player, with the highest roll receiving Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger. In the event of cross faction tournament winners, I will conduct the raid for rolling on the mount on alliance side on my Alliance toon.

Miscellaneous:

23. Participants will require ventrilo, with the server details being distributed on the day of the tournament.

24. It is highly desirable that in game videos/fraps be recorded on the day. Please notify me if you would be willing to assist in this regard. We would very much like to capture the days events on film, and there are plans to share this via the web/youtube.

Our Forums are flooded with PVP posts…Durotar, Sewers and Goldshire are crawling hives of activity. Cmon Cael - “LETS DO THIS!”

Edited by Unclean on 11/25/2010 3:06 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Warlock
    reserved - Scheduling

Added Quick Facts

1000g Entry Fee, paid to 'Fees' on Horde Cael by 12pm AusEastern Friday 03 Dec 10.

Tournament takes place 6pm AusEastern on Sunday 05 December at Blades Edge World Arena
    Edited by Unclean on 11/25/2010 5:05 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Warlock
    Results - Courtesy of Hammerqqmoar <3

1v1: Antirequinex (Alliance - Crimson) - Frost Mage

5v5: Carried by Rylec (Alliance - Crimson)
    Members:
    Taita - Destruction Warlock
    Antirequinex - Frost mage
    Reason - Shadow Priest
    Wilson - Holy paladin
    Skys - Resto Shaman
    Edited by Unclean on 12/5/2010 7:09 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Priest
    bump for unclean's wall of text <3
    Reply Quote
    going to be away on that day :(
    Reply Quote
    Ohhh the 1v1 sounds fun
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Mage
    This sounds like it will be epic, I wish I could come, LOL SORRY TAITA.

One question though, in arena, it takes around five seconds for conjured food to tick; I hope you do not repudiate this fact, so how would you attempt to account for this? No conjured food/drinks allowed?

Also, I'm practically always in dalaran sewers if anyone is interested in some friendly duel practice.

Cheers,

Best of luck to all!

EDIT - So, I see the bounty also includes a LK kill? Damnit lol I guess I'm never killing Arthas.
    Edited by Antirequinex on 11/25/2010 8:40 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Mage
    Can't wait.
    One question though, in arena, it takes around five seconds for conjured food to tick; I hope you do not repudiate this fact, so how would you attempt to account for this? No conjured food/drinks allowed?

Great point. Conjured food ticks are broken atm and this would be considered an exploit.

And no LK kill, we cant guarantee that with Horde and Alliance participates. The mount is real though and kickass prize imo.

Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    <3
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Warlock
    I'm so not forking out 1k gold to probably get smashed during an unbalanced patch, especially knowing that there are some classes I can't beat already :P I know it's for fun but losing gold isn't thrilling.. I'll try be there to watch though.

P.S - Grats on the mount Goss :D
    Edited by Aphexx on 11/25/2010 5:11 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Warlock
    I suggest reading the original post, in particular point 22. under Loot distribution.
    There will be 6 tournament winners on the day (5 if the someone comes out on top in both divisions) , each with an equal chance of winning the mount.

But yes, if anyone is interested, but not, willing to fork out entry fees, we would love to have you along. This should be a great gathering of Caels PVP'ers and I'm sure there will be plenty going on around and outside the main Arena while people wait for their tournament matches etc.
    Edited by Unclean on 11/25/2010 5:40 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    80 Troll Druid
    Mmm frost mages lol
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Mage
    I'm so not forking out 1k gold to probably get smashed during an unbalanced patch, especially knowing that there are some classes I can't beat already :P I know it's for fun but losing gold isn't thrilling.. I'll try be there to watch though.

You could get an easy draw up to the finals. Or taken out by an OP SPriest in the 1st round. But you'll never know if you dont compete. !k isn't much these days, is it?

And there's is always 5v5, gogo wizcleave.
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Warlock

You could get an easy draw up to the finals. Or taken out by an OP SPriest in the 1st round. But you'll never know if you dont compete. !k isn't much these days, is it?

And there's is always 5v5, gogo wizcleave.

I don't really need to know how far i'd get either =P I'm sure it's gonna be fun i'm just saying, i'm not willing to fork out 1k gold to get mashed trying my hardest in a competition whether it's cause i'm bad or out patched or whatever. 5v5 would be fun yeah just, our team is kinda scattered nowadays i'm not sure what Wendellx is doing and not sure if my team would be willing to fork 5k anyways /shrug

I'm not putting this down I reckon it's awesome, I always remember the old comp back at nagrand arena with marr/mini/trank and it was good sh1t. More the better, just don't think it's going to be fair/extremely serious when it comes down to the 1v1's due to recent patches but i'll definitely try be there with popcorn
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]