Thanks Blizz Dev team

85 Worgen Warrior
Though I have my gripes about the game at times (who doesn't) it's still the best game out there by a pretty hefty margin. By and large, you all have done an excellent job keeping the bar high in the gaming industry. And though you all catch a lot of flak, the effort is still appreciated. Keep it up.

And Happy Turkey Day to all.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I don't think they're reading this forum anymore, but I agree nonetheless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I just wish there was some healthy MMO competition, I think that Blizzard are becoming too complacent because everything else is garbage compared to WOW.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, I agree that they do some things that make me scratch my head at times, but they have their reasons, whatever they may be. And I also would like to seem them get some healthy competition from other MMOs. Hopefully Bioware can put out a good Star Wars, they're a damn good company, and I think it could have some potential.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I agree, blizzard is very creative, but its sad to see how destructive they are at the same time.

I dont know if its blizzard or actionvision, but they had years of work to remake all the zones, everything looks so nice and more polished, then they decided that everyone should run into these new awesome zones with a fly mount flying at a +billion speed just because people want to herpderp leme fly plox!11.

Its gonna be a sad day when you walk into the new zones and dont see a single player.

To be fair, the entirety of Azeroth is significantly larger than Outland and Northrend combined. In fact, I'd be inclined to believe that 1 continent is larger than both of them.

I don't think you're going to be "whipping" across the old world as fast as you think, and I think it's nothing short of an amazing thing to finally see Azeroth from a completely different angle. I've been using Flight Paths as an easy and lazy way to see some changes, and I just look around and go "oh I want to go over there when I get a flying mount!".

If you're talking about the newly revamped zones, you're not going to be experiencing a lack of players. Players populating those zones are lower level players without the ability to fly. At the same time you're going to see higher level players flying above. In the new areas, it's going to be no different than TBC and WotLK. Higher level players will be populating the low level zones far more than they have in the past. If anything, the world will feel more alive.

Hopefully Bioware can put out a good Star Wars, they're a damn good company, and I think it could have some potential.

The thing that is going to kill it, is much like what killed the rest of them... the hype and comparisons to WoW.

The problem is people hype these new games so much that when they don't give them the earth and moon like the YouTube videos said they would... it falls short. It doesn't provide them with better alternatives than what WoW has, so they lose interest. I don't doubt that Bioware will make a great game, but I think people need to ease up on the hype and just let the game be what it is. Warhammer, AoC etc, they all still have communities and they're still going. But in the eyes of the WoW population, they were failures because they failed to meet the expectations players gave themselves. I don't doubt ToR will follow a similar fate.

I agree that Blizzard needs some competition, but do you really think it will help WoW? Blizzard has a new MMO in the works, that I'm sure is going to shatter the MMO industry much like WoW did. Even if a game comes out and "kills WoW", Blizzard is going to come back and kill that one. It's *Blizzard*. They are one of the best gaming companies in the world because they have such a small focus on games. They aren't Bioware with tons of titles to their name. They have a very small focus for such a massive company that their games will always be incredibly strong. At the same time, BLizzard may see a similar fate where their new MMO just "isn't WoW".. but I don't doubt that it will be the dominant MMO at the time. This is just speculation of course. Am I blizzard fan boy? Not really, I don't find the point in kissing their ass... I just have enough common sense to know that it's going to take *a lot* to give WoW some competition, and I don't think a niche audience like Star Wars fans is going to be what does it.

Not sure what this has to do with anything, I just felt like rambling :D
Edited by Illythia on 11/25/2010 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I just wish there was some healthy MMO competition, I think that Blizzard are becoming too complacent because everything else is garbage compared to WOW.

But I have to agree, a lot of the times they seem complacent. Like giving a big fat middle finger to the Ret spec b/c they know their game will survive even after messing stuff like that up. Or not finishing Hunters well, or fixing dispels, etc.

Being complacent would be bad for business.

They make decisions for the greater good of the game, not for a small handful of the population. Rets need adjustments, Dispels aren't broken just because they're different, and Hunters are in needing of more tuning like plenty of classes (like Ret!)... this isn't an indication of being complacent, it's the nature of an ever changing game and the result of having an utterly massive population with varying opinions and view points. Don't assume anything on the forums/EJ/AJ as the popular opinion because you'll probably be disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

But I have to agree, a lot of the times they seem complacent. Like giving a big fat middle finger to the Ret spec b/c they know their game will survive even after messing stuff like that up. Or not finishing Hunters well, or fixing dispels, etc.

Being complacent would be bad for business.

They make decisions for the greater good of the game, not for a small handful of the population. Rets need adjustments, Dispels aren't broken just because they're different, and Hunters are in needing of more tuning like plenty of classes (like Ret!)... this isn't an indication of being complacent, it's the nature of an ever changing game and the result of having an utterly massive population with varying opinions and view points. Don't assume anything on the forums/EJ/AJ as the popular opinion because you'll probably be disappointed.

You are WAY too naive. This isnt some fairy tail where everyone is anxious about quality. This is a capitalist world where the greater good of the share-holders is more important then the greater good of the game.

Do you REALLY think that blizzard is too incompetant to balances classes, specs or even races correctly? Do you REALLY think that blizzard is still doing the same mistakes after 6 years of trying to correct them?

No, the truth of the matter is that they dont want this game to be balanced. Why? Because that would mean less money. This cycle of buff/debuffs and overpowered/underpowered is not happening by mistake: it pushes a huge portion of the playerbase to rerolling classes and alts every ''x'' months. It makes them feel involved in the game itself rather then just the game-world and they skip over the bad parts because they know it will be ''fixed'' in the future. It basically creates the sentiment that ''when Im not having fun i'll still keep playing because its only temporary and i'll have more fun in the next patch''. Its the proverbial carrot.

If there was a ''better'' game out there they couldnt do that. The players would not reroll, they would quit. But they know they can get away with it. They know players will not quit: they will reroll. Just look at this forum... do you see ''why am i playing this game'' posts? No, you see ''why am i playing this class/spec''.

In other words: this game is not about the quality of the time you spend in it anymore, its about the quantity of time you do spend.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You are WAY too naive. This isnt some fairy tail where everyone is anxious about quality. This is a capitalist world where the greater good of the share-holders is more important then the greater good of the game.

Do you REALLY think that blizzard is too incompetant to balances classes, specs or even races correctly? Do you REALLY think that blizzard is still doing the same mistakes after 6 years of trying to correct them?

No, the truth of the matter is that they dont want this game to be balanced. Why? Because that would mean less money. This cycle of buff/debuffs and overpowered/underpowered is not happening by mistake: it pushes a huge portion of the playerbase to rerolling classes and alts every ''x'' months. It makes them feel involved in the game itself rather then just the game-world and they skip over the bad parts because they know it will be ''fixed'' in the future. It basically creates the sentiment that ''when Im not having fun i'll still keep playing because its only temporary and i'll have more fun in the next patch''. Its the proverbial carrot.

If there was a ''better'' game out there they couldnt do that. The players would not reroll, they would quit. But they know they can get away with it. They know players will not quit: they will reroll. Just look at this forum... do you see ''why am i playing this game'' posts? No, you see ''why am i playing this class/spec''.

In other words: this game is not about the quality of the time you spend in it anymore, its about the quantity of time you do spend.

Hello? Hello there! Hi! Yes, you!

If you could just be a LITTLE BIT MORE alarmist about a videogame on the internet, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Giggity goo. :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Nah im not being alarmist, im just explaining how capitalisme works. It basically goes like this: take whatever decision will maximize profits. Thats why they release movies in 3 separate years even tho they were made at the same time. Thats why video games are constantly rushed for pre-selected release dates even if they need more polish.

I just find it funny when players take for granted that the game is being developped for them. It isnt. It is being developped for blizzard's share-holders, with everything that implies.

Think of a simple TV. You can make a TV that will last 10 years and one that will last 5, both with the same picture quality. The consumer wants the one that will last 10 years. The maker tho, he will be making the one that breaks in 5, so you have to buy two.

Well with MMO its about longevity. You dont want to make the perfect game that dont need fixing, because when you stop having to fix things it goes stale. You want to keep your community riled up and passionate about it, and perfection dont get passion out of people, problems do.

Anyway, imma stop posting in this thread after this because last time I hinted at it I got temp banned for ''obscene language'' of all things.
Edited by Stonedsoul on 11/25/2010 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Blizzard may not be the best when it comes to balancing, but no one can create an interesting, beautiful world like they can.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

yes and yes. and they have not proven otherwise yet.

i also agree with the rest of your post about the greed thing. :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

It's an amazing game, the new zones are incredible. They put more work and effort into it than anyone else out there.

Have you ever posted anything that doesn't include crying about ret in any way shape or form?

Really though, seems unhealthy to be so dedicated to one aspect of a video game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
how is it unhealthy to want your chosen character to actually work well? :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]