so uh. dps casters can heal.

83 Blood Elf Rogue
FBI
so why can any dps caster outheal and melee on them in pvp? even when its 1v2 ?

31 talent poitn dps classes should have healing reduced by 75%.
Reply Quote
Someone got beat in a duel by an enhancement shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

This is sadly one of the imbalances that comes with the expansion coming in about two weeks. Just know that dps hybrids won't have ability to spam quick healing spells to get them back up in Cataclysm. It'll be waaaaay too taxing on their mana to be worth the time and health.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Edited by Mooboom on 8/13/2011 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
16 Orc Warlock
My 5.7k gs fire mage couldnt even touch a wrathful geared shadow priest. All he has to do it dispel himself, renew and POM. Couldnt bring him below 90% hp.

Meanwhile his DOTs rip me up, without iceblock being up, its a short death.

Cata will be a hybrid haven, plate will also dominate.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My 5.7k gs fire mage couldnt even touch a wrathful geared shadow priest. All he has to do it dispel himself, renew and POM. Couldnt bring him below 90% hp.

Or you could, oh I dunno... steal the renew and PoM.

Bad mage is bad.

Besides, a full wrathful character is far over 5.7k GS. I've got 5.5k on this toon and I'm still in a lot of furious and whatnot.
Edited by Ailee on 11/25/2010 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
16 Orc Warlock

Or you could, oh I dunno... steal the renew and PoM.

Bad mage is bad.

Besides, a full wrathful character is far over 5.7k GS. I've got 5.5k on this toon and I'm still in a lot of furious and whatnot.
Might get lucky with stealing the those buffs... Generally I just take the other 10 pointless ones. Wasting many gcd's.

Wrathful is a better GS then mine, yes. But i'm in 5.7k gs PVE gear, my damage should be much better then full wrathful. Even if the shadow priest isn't targeting me, as in i'm able to free cast on him, my damage will still barely scratch him if he's already play defensively.

Just saying, a class with mage level of damage having the ability to turn into uber hybrid healer/dispeller on command seems a bit much.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Wrathful is a better GS then mine, yes. But i'm in 5.7k gs PVE gear, my damage should be much better then full wrathful. Even if the shadow priest isn't targeting me, as in i'm able to free cast on him, my damage will still barely scratch him if he's already play defensively.

Just saying, a class with mage level of damage having the ability to turn into uber hybrid healer/dispeller on command seems a bit much.

You can't be serious. He's got around 50% mitigation against your damage from gear alone, not to mention talents and shadow form. You have nothing vs his because you're in PvE gear.

You wouldn't win that fight even if you were playing the same class as him in all t10. If you PvP in PvE gear, you're SUPPOSED TO LOSE.
Reply Quote
16 Orc Warlock

You can't be serious. He's got around 50% mitigation against your damage from gear alone, not to mention talents and shadow form. You have nothing vs his because you're in PvE gear.

You wouldn't win that fight even if you were playing the same class as him in all t10. If you PvP in PvE gear, you're SUPPOSED TO LOSE.
lol sorry, i'm not saying i should win that fight.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Priest
lol sorry, i'm not saying i should win that fight.

but you imply that hybrid healing is too strong when the real factor is MASSIVE mitigation in the example given
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

This is sadly one of the imbalances that comes with the expansion coming in about two weeks. Just know that dps hybrids won't have ability to spam quick healing spells to get them back up in Cataclysm. It'll be waaaaay too taxing on their mana to be worth the time and health.

haha really. Right now my shammy alt's mana bar only has one function, since enh abilites cost like 1% mana per cast and SP restores like 15% per hit, is healing lol.

Same thing with druids too. My 70 twink is boom/feral and both specs can self heal back to full with rejuv and lifebloom(?) which are both insta-casts. Then on top of that I can hop in bear form to heal with dmg reduction... AND IF IM FERAL i can reduce 80% of the dmg for like 12sec while I self heal haha. Works wonders against prot pallies who love to 1-2 shot players. (i love how that was over-looked in this last patch when lots of classes got nerfed)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/25/2010 9:31 AMPosted by Shells

I'd agree but you just got a 5% heal to your entire health in the form of Recuperate. 5% is significant, so if they changed this then hybrids would lose their crazy abilities to heal through your damage while doing DPS. Hopefully mana will matter in Cataclysm if not I'll enjoy Full 3x Fears Mana Drain them and then DPS them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]