So no racial for humans?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Mage

Im sure i speak for every single other ret with a brain in saying that if they made a trinket with the same use your racial has EVERY human ret would of been using it for the entire wotlk expansion. So dont sit here telling me the human one is rigged. When your doing 3s and you have 2 DPS on a healer what scores a kill better a trinket procing for 1k AP or a AOE silence/stun? Feel free to reply and make yourself look like a bigger idiot. Spouting off that other racials are rigged with your AOE silence so funny.
The biggest part of the human problem is a @*%* ton of people rerolled human to have the racial when it was OP. Now the race is not OP in PvP as it were so they start shedding tears. If you want to min/max everything, you will have to pay. This is how this game work since they allowed you to re-roll your race. Adding a new racial to human does not fix the real problem at all. theyre will always be a "weak" race in PvP. Solving the big picture one and for all would prevent any QQ about it from ever happening.

There arent any other options on alliance. If we were horde and had one racial ruined thats one thing its totally different on alliance. On horde its oh they nerfed my fear removal racial hmm do i want a haste/ap or sp trinket/aoe stun or a aoe silence. If i had another good option i wouldnt be complaining but im hardly gonna pay to switch to other races with another fail racial.

If my racial is so OP why didn't you roll horde for b-elf?

On a more serious note. Yeah as ret I would take the b-elf racial over the human one for sure. Buf for any ranged class, I am not so sure. Beside a shaman, there isn;t much worth silencing in melee range ya know. Silencing the warrior will prevent him from hmmmm. thunder clapping and shockwave iirc. Now before you keep saying huiman racial was not OP, I would like you to give me a good reason why most player on the tournament realm were human. They dind't all go human for the look right? And since you say the horde racial are better, then all should of gone horde...

The truth is, this racial imbalance was created by WotLK. A PvP racial was OP when combined with PvE gear. We can either try to solve this with a new racial and then let the QQ start for another "weak" race or we can try to find a way to solve all of that once and for all. Too bad people usually want thier little stuff fixed instead of looking at the bigger picture and solving the major problem wich impact all race in the end.

Human race was the best race of S8 because of the new high end pve gear from ICC, the racial it's not the problem, sure a lot of people changed to human in S8, but in the previous seasons that was not the case (see the WoTF nerf phenomenon), but one of the real reasons behind the nerf are the overpopulation of humans in the alliance and the new playerbase, i've been human a lot of time and i wont change it, of course i can afford race changes but that's not the case, we are talking about some options that they can consider.

Of course the racials still works in some extent, but a mayor fix should be added since (correct me if im wrong) some pve gear will be restricted in arena and rated pvp.

So you really think blizz did this on purpose for people to racechange?
Edited by Onemorealt on 11/25/2010 1:17 PM PST
61 Undead Priest
Conspiracy theories are fun. Yes a lot of alliance races need some racial upgrades, but I highly doubt they're switching them around for monetary gain. My guess is there is a very small percentage of the playerbase who will actually pay for a race change based solely on racials. Like blues have said, racials are a tricky thing to balance when you're applying them to several different classes. They can easily become overpowered.

Edited by Klot on 11/25/2010 1:29 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
I really don't mind EMFH being nerfed, despite it being the reason I chose a Human Paladin over a Dwarf Paladin when I faction changed a while back. The 3% increased Spirit will work well in a healing environment in which every bit of mana is precious, and I believe the expertise given to swords and maces is still available for my tanking spec.

If they simply kept EMFH the way it is now, I would have a problem with it. At least for now though, I can live without a crutch racial keeping me afloat in certain situations.
I believe there is truth in what you say.

I fondly remember when race changes were implemented. Most of the horde PVPers went Undead because of WoTF. They kindly waited a few weeks until everyone changed to Undead before nering WoTF. So what happened then? Some changed back to their previous race.

Obviously 12million x $15 a month isn't enough. $$$$$$$$$ making business needs to make moar $$$$$$$$$.
85 Human Warrior

So you really think blizz did this on purpose for people to racechange?

In the pvp community there is a LOT of players changing races in the begining of each season, of course these changes moves a lot of players that want technical improvements, casuals only change races for how they look, in the other hand pvpers and some competitive pve players are looking for the last detail in their arsenal.

Even Arcane torrent needs a Fix, because benefits caster classes more than melees, because they can get a spell pen cap.

If you are a Blood elve warrior you cant get spell penetration, so a lot of clases are going to resist you silence, and that racial is useless against melees.

Conspiracy theories are fun. Yes a lot of alliance races need some racial upgrades, but I highly doubt they're switching them around for monetary gain

Welcome to the PVP environment.

Conspiracy? this is so predictable, and these changes moves a lot of players, every season and every patch of new pve content, and now more in the begining of the new expansion, racials encourages people who wants to be competitive to race change, a lot of arena players in s8 were humans because of the new high end pve gear, but that gear is going to be banned in rated pvp, so there is no problem to bring back the old EMFH.

All the racials needs an upgrade to actually be usefull in both pve and pvp (not only the human ones), if they can't do it, just remove all the racials from rated pvp and leave them only for pve.
Edited by Klavier on 11/25/2010 2:15 PM PST
80 Human Warlock
I'm dying laughing as blood elves attempt to rationalize human racial uselessness. Its akin to watching some random guy get kicked in the nuts.

Its not useless though. It was pointed out that you can choose to use it on a 3 min timer with another dps trinket or use the pvp trinket. Before I get the flames just here me out for 1 second. We don't know what trinkets could be coming so it maybe a fair choice.

Edit- Also to call it useless is also laughable it is very useful in PvE. But thats not what this thread is about. That being said i hate when people call something useless when it may not be to someone else
Edited by Pactmaker on 11/25/2010 2:22 PM PST
80 Human Warlock
I'm dying laughing as blood elves attempt to rationalize human racial uselessness. Its akin to watching some random guy get kicked in the nuts.

Its not useless though. It was pointed out that you can choose to use it on a 3 min timer with another dps trinket or use the pvp trinket. Before I get the flames just here me out for 1 second. We don't know what trinkets could be coming so it maybe a fair choice.

Edit- Also to call it useless is also laughable it is very useful in PvE. But thats not what this thread is about. That being said i hate when people call something useless when it may not be to someone else

It is absolutely useless in the context of the thread, that being pvp. If its not worth it to have a 3 minute trinket in the current environment where trinkets are wildly out of control then how can you presume there will be trinkets that somehow make that extra minute CD worthwhile?

In pve it provides very little utility and likely accounts for less dps gain than blood fury with the added caveat of only being a dps gain on particular and presumably few encounters.

Yes and no another use for it is when you are gearing for pvp you ding 80 don't have a trinket yet. But in some PvE encounters I have experienced a trinket can prevent death with drops your damage to zero. An example is being rooted in fire. So its a give or take racial nothing overpowered and it does have its roles. As for me thinking there could be a trinket on the horizon that changes things. Well an expac is due real quick. Classes like rogues or warriors may find that trinket of awesomeness. This is a racial that scales and I think if strong trinkets do come out it will be a fair choice.
90 Undead Rogue
Unless you play at a super high level, racials barely even matter.

It's not necessary, if it was they would change the racial, just like they changed engineering because it was becoming "necessary" for pvp.

Now if you do want the best racial possible, for whatever little benefit you get, you either reroll or race change. That's the price of min/maxing.

This. It rarely makes the black-and-white difference between winning and losing.
People just focus primarily on situations where a racial (or any single things really) did make the difference, rare as it occurs.
8 Dwarf Paladin

racials barely even matter.

IF you are playing a FoTm Comp?

It rarely makes the black-and-white difference between winning and losing.

People just focus primarily on situations where a racial (or any single things really) did make the difference, rare as it occurs.

Triple Forsaken RMP's in S6?????

Or maybe the Human TSG with ICC trinkets.

Or the Lunar dust/solace priest.

Hopefully pve gear will be restricted from rated pvp.

Edited by Luheni on 11/25/2010 3:04 PM PST
85 Undead Rogue
Human and undead were the pvp races of wrath.

Undead til WotF nerf, then Blood Elves dominated.
90 Undead Rogue
Triple Forsaken RMP's in S6?????

"Rarely". You have trouble reading.
WotF was nerfed. It's not an issue anymore. Surprise surprise.
Or maybe the Human TSG with ICC trinkets.

Not an issue if you compare them to casters. S8's problems had nothing to do with racials.
Your going on about how the racials dont matter yet your conveniently the race with an extra silence.

And you're the race with the extra trinket slot for all of Wrath. Your point?
Deal with it.
Edited by Kanoi on 11/25/2010 8:51 PM PST
85 Worgen Druid
PVE HEROES

get over yourself, nerd.

edit: oh !@*% you mean i can't use two op pve trinkets anymore to pvp? cancelling sub.
Edited by Kyiris on 11/25/2010 8:55 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Racial parity would be nice.

That or removing the cost of race changes.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Human racial is actually still pretty good, it's just not terrifyingly overpowered anymore, particularly in any situation in which you wouldn't be using a PVP trinket, but might have to deal with the occasional trinketable effect. (PVE, unexpected world PVP, etc.)

I DON'T WANT ANY PVE HEROES CHIMING IN HERE. IF YOU DON'T DO PVP KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.

Too bad. Forums are for both aspects of the game.

Also, as a self proclaimed PVP-only player, I think you'd see the benefit in wasting 10% less time grinding 'horrible pve content' for any enchants/gear you might happen to need.

(Hint, some of the best entry level weapons and trinkets come from a reputation vendor.)

Also, 3% spirit is pretty damned baller for any healer, be it PVE or PVP.

I think you are confusing conveniance with an actual advantage.

Whether or not it's useful in pve (and it is in a few fights) doesn't particularly matter, it is 100% useless in pvp. You can't just say "it's fine in pve, grats on no racial in pvp", what you need is one that has uses in both aspects of the game.
90 Draenei Priest
I personally find it annoying that by getting decent PvP gear, you actually nullify the Human racial. Is there another race that has a racial that becomes totally useless when you equip a particular piece of gear?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]