So no racial for humans?

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
Hi. I don't PvP, but I'm posting in your thread anyway.

I'll attempt explaining this but its going to go way over your head i assume. As a human when i didnt use my trinket before this nerf my resilience was lower than an orc or trolls. They have the luxury of using the 153 resil trinket and having their racial with no downside to it. I had to get more resil in other places which involved gemming for it instead of offensive stats. The human racial was never over powered. People flocked to it because it was the only racial that was almost on even ground with horde ones.

QFmfT.

I understand that defensive racials are more powerful in PvP by their very nature, but WTF? Why do alliance active racials have to be worthless 90-95% of the time before they're "balanced"?

Humans get a good racial ability for one expansion because the itemization team doesn't know how to make good PvP trinets, and it's OP? Maybe if there had been a PvP trinket on par with DBW or DFO in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem with EMFH.

Blood Fury and Berserking kick the hell out of everything the alliance can bring to the board in the racial department. Where are their nerfs? Where's the 3-min shared CD with AP/SP/Haste trinkets? Where's the parity? If blizz wants WoW to be an E-Sport, we need more parity between the factions than this.
85 Blood Elf Mage
PK
I remember when Every man for Himself got introduced and thought it sucked...then the amazing LK trinkets showed up and made it amazing. It was just a bad racial to add, not in power but in a balanced perspective. Every serious pvper felt forced to go Human for the huge boost pve trinkets gave. They just need to completely scrap it, and design a new one. I was looking forward to the supposed racial overhaul, but it never happened. They just gave up and gave a 'too hard to balance' excuse. They're crap now.
80 Human Warlock
I remember when Every man for Himself got introduced and thought it sucked...then the amazing LK trinkets showed up and made it amazing. It was just a bad racial to add, not in power but in a balanced perspective. Every serious pvper felt forced to go Human for the huge boost pve trinkets gave. They just need to completely scrap it, and design a new one. I was looking forward to the supposed racial overhaul, but it never happened. They just gave up and gave a 'too hard to balance' excuse. They're crap now.

The problem was that EMFH scaled with content. Which made it over the top.
85 Blood Elf Mage

Blood Fury and Berserking kick the hell out of everything the alliance can bring to the board in the racial department. Where are their nerfs? Where's the 3-min shared CD with AP/SP/Haste trinkets? Where's the parity? If blizz wants WoW to be an E-Sport, we need more parity between the factions than this.

Obviously you cant nerf the horde racials all the 14 year olds that rolled horde to have a rigged racial will !##! themselves. The only reason WOTF was nerfed is it directly screwed a few classes over and i mean how much of a nerf was it really considering horde have 3 other rigged racials to choose from lol.

And nerfing the human racial made all of them come here and QQ no matter thier ages. How nice eh?

Bringing back EMFH as pre nerf only fix your personnal problem. Racial in PvP have been a problem for a long time and always generate tears. I like drinking tears but in the end, we flooded China and Pakistan this year iirc. Isn't that enough? Why can't they just scrap racials in any meaningfull PvP content so we the playing field can be a litle more equal for everyone? People can't see the burning forest because of the trees...
85 Human Paladin
Two options...

1. Give a racial to humans that doesn't scale with content.

2. Remove racials from Rated PvP content.

85 Blood Elf Mage
Two options...

1. Give a racial to humans that doesn't scale with content.

2. Remove racials from Rated PvP content.

Only one of these option has the potential to fix racial PvP QQ once and for all...
80 Human Warrior
Why did you put this in damage dealing...if you don't want, "PvE heroes" to chime in, why didn't you put it in PvP...what a dumbass.

Also, LOLSHADOWMOURNE.

:D
85 Human Death Knight
It is pretty crappy that a ton of people swapped over to human due to the inability of Blizzard to keep damage/healing PvP trinkets up to date like they keep gear up to date and then proceeded to nerf them after tons have made the switch.

Whether intended or not it stinks of being money motivated and it's pretty sickening. New trinkets could have been added to stay on par but instead the bean counters appear to have been involved and exploited all the PvP'rs who were willing to spend money to get ahead and will now do it yet again.

I also like how the trinket racial was nerfed but they really make everyone want to race change by removing the stealth detection as well with no compensation.

Blizzard, try looking at it from the players PoV. It smells of money exploitation rather than you guys being too busy on other things. Whether money making was the intent or not it looks really really damning regardless.
emfh might still be amazing at endgame if the only pvp trinkets available in cata are equivalent to the wg ones in wrath. I could see it being a hard decision though that would really depend on comp, playstyle and needs.
I never understood why Racials weren't normalized after Vanilla going into BC. Horde were given Paladins because it gave the Alliance too much of an advantage in PvE and with the addition of Arenas it would have been unfair for PvP. Blizzard needs to normalize the racials, or given the Alliance similar racials to their Horde counterparts.

For instance, give Night Elves a version of Arcane Torrent, Gnomes get Rocket Boots, Dwarves get Warstomp, Humans get Orc Racials and so on and so on. That is the only way you can balance the faction racials, if they aren't normalized to be all the same, they should at least mirror the other faction so we have choices within our faction.

because racials are racial abilities, I think they're all fine except goblin/worgen racials (cause yeah looking awesome is a racial)
82 Troll Druid
@OP:

I'm not trolling your cheevos, I'm a casual player myself, but here's the deal. You're achievements show that you lied about Hardmodes/gear, and that you never made it past Rival even with your racial being overpowered. You were never in the highest level of either PvE or PvP before your racial was changed, which is the only place where racial balance, such as it is, starts to make an appreciable difference anyway.

Your post is clearly an overreaction to your shinies being taken away, which you concieve of as being an imbalance. What you do not understand is that you were imbalanced before (by a very large margin), and now you're more in line with other classes. Granted, Horde has the best racials hands-down for PvP, but with PvP slowing down as much as it is, those differences are depreciating in value dramatically.

TLDR: Take a deep breath, you'll be fine. The nerf was justified, and frankly, as a Ret Paladin you have far larger concerns in PvP.
I never understood why Racials weren't normalized after Vanilla going into BC. Horde were given Paladins because it gave the Alliance too much of an advantage in PvE and with the addition of Arenas it would have been unfair for PvP. Blizzard needs to normalize the racials, or given the Alliance similar racials to their Horde counterparts.

For instance, give Night Elves a version of Arcane Torrent, Gnomes get Rocket Boots, Dwarves get Warstomp, Humans get Orc Racials and so on and so on. That is the only way you can balance the faction racials, if they aren't normalized to be all the same, they should at least mirror the other faction so we have choices within our faction.

because racials are racial abilities, I think they're all fine except goblin/worgen racials (cause yeah looking awesome is a racial)

Night Elf, Human and Dwarf racials are not fine. They're sub par compared to the other races. Worgen have the best Alliance side racials, Gnomes and Dranei are in a decent spot as well. If we're going to have competitive PvP then everyone needs to have competitive racials. Right now this certainly is not the case.

If I was alliance as a rogue and didn't care about looks I would be a dwarf for the amazing racial just as if I were a mage I would be nightelf. As I've said before the human racial might still be really good in endgame if they treat pvp trinkets like they did all wotlk in cataclysm.
85 Orc Death Knight
Pretty entertaining that the OP doesn't want input from PVE HEROES, yet rocked his Shadowmourne all the way to Rival.
85 Draenei Paladin
emfh might still be amazing at endgame if the only pvp trinkets available in cata are equivalent to the wg ones in wrath

New pvp trinkets are actually nice for the racial.

Some high end pve gear will be banned from rated pvp, so i don't see the problem if EMFH has the old 2 min CD.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]