Taming in a dungeon

90 Troll Hunter
With Chromagus now being tameable I have a question.
If I go in with a group, with how the new raid lock system works, and tame Chromagus. Does this count as a boss kill on the system, or can the group exit, reform and re-enter to get a kill, or second hunter tame afterwards.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
That is epic. I had no idea chromaggus was tameable. I am taking my hunter there ASAP.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
good luck, I am currently planning the best strategy I can

so far it requires a priest

Priest hits you with a prayer of mending and a priest bubble before the pull
the pull is hitting deterrence and then tame beast, and should only be hurtable for 3-4 seconds
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I tamed him, with a shaman, and no Deterrence
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I tamed him, with a shaman, and no Deterrence

Then maybe you could actually answer the OP's question.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
ok Waterfire, how hard does he hit a 80 hunter? and does it count in your lockout as having killed Chromagus?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Check the Hunter forums,

They discuss this a bit better. But effectively as long as you do not get the random stun debuff you can tame Chromaggus pretty quick.

The Disc priest shielding the hutner before he enters seems to take it from a semi difficult task to a cake walk.

Edit to add:
To answer the OP's question though. Seems taming chromagus opens the gate to the final boss. So I expect that it is counted as a "defeat" of chromagnuss. When I tamed "The Beast" he never respawned no matter how many times I went back in, until after the instance was reset.
Edited by Kenjona on 11/26/2010 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
It counts as a "kill" when you tame him. He won't respawn until the instance resets on the next Tuesday.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thank you for the answers, I will start assembling a group. I wanted to see about helping other hunters get it with the group, and not seem greedy by claiming that the taming was mine and mine alone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]