Ideas for Paladin Seals:

85 Tauren Paladin
I'm not going to write a long post, just my ideas. I was wondering whats the point of the seals damage? the numbers are so low what's the point at all? I was thinking why not make each seal for differnt purposes... I like the idea of seal of insight having a different effect on the melee attacks and judgement:

Seal of Insight -

Fills the Paladin with divine power for 30 min, giving each single-target melee attack a chance to heal the Paladin and restore 4% of the paladin's base mana. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal Holy damage to an enemy and restore 15% of the Paladin's base mana.

So lets apply it to the others:

Seal of Justice-

Fills the Paladin with power, giving each single-target melee attack a change to snare the target by 20%, this effect can stacks up to three times.

Unleashing this seals energy will deal holy damage and limit the maximum run speed of the target for 5 sec.

This will give paladin more utility, designed for retribution pvp in mind.

Seal of truth-

Fills the Paladin with holy power, causing single-target attacks to Censure the target, which deals additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Censure can stack up to 5 times. Once stacked to 5 times, each of the Paladin's attacks also deals 9% weapon damage as additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of Censure on the target.

This seal is fine, its very unique, a good PvE DPS seal.

Seal of Rightiousness -

Fills the Paladin with holy spirit for 30 min, granting each single-target melee attack additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing the Seal's energy will deal holy damage, in addition interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.

This serves as the tanking go to seal of choice, as prot paladins don't have access to rebuke, they need a low CD spell interupt.

The first thing I know people will say is holy having a snare would be imba!, ret with another spell interupt is imba! Calm down, breath. Resto shammies already have frost shock as a snare, DK's have a range silence and a melee interupt. Different classes are different, I know, but this would really spice up the paladin class as a whole. And I don't think holy paly's would use Seal of justice as their main PvP seal, they would perfer the mana regen, and ret would perfer a snare over another interupt, and even if they do use Rightiousness that means they are giving up their snaring abilities, so its a sacrifice.

Thanks for reading my post.
Edited by Byzantion on 11/26/2010 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
yes?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]