Rogue just wanting to say Thank you.

85 Night Elf Rogue
Inc Wall of text. Warned.

I used to be a combat rogue. I fell in love with the speed of a rogue, and the heavy hitting sword/axe wielder of the raid.

4.0.1 drops, and i am very dissappointed at the nerfs combat had recieved. I went from being competitive within our raid, to lackluster to say the least. I'm quite a competitive person in general, so i was rather annoyed that the class i chose to play suddenly started to drop off the boards.

With that, i rerolled to a warrior so i could experience what i believed was the closest thing to what my combat rogue was. I had every intention of making my warrior my main(and geared him with that in mind), and was reading up on SMF in cata, trying to get a jump on the competition.

Then i thought to myself, did i ever really get the whole point of being a rogue?

Late 4.0.1, Low and behold here i was on my rogue again. After getting the hang of Assassination(and to a lesser extent Sub, /bow to all those that can make it work!), i find myself enjoying the class once more, and finally understanding what i feel a rogue really is.

To sum it all up, i just wanted to say thank you to blizz for bringing the rogue back to what i now believe it is all about, Daggers, poisons, and the feeling of being an assasssin hiding in the shadows, waiting patiently for a kill.

I can see alot of combat rogues moving to a SMF warrior(which is what my intentions were), and i do believe that the idea behind the combat tree suits the warrior alot more than a rogue.

And that's why i feel Blizz(although this probably wasnt there intention, just my opinion really :P) has made assassination a stand out tree (pve wise) for the rogue, and id like to thank them for making me enjoy my rogue(and relearn it!) all over again :)

Keep up the good work!

(ps. check my gear, everything was tailored toward combat :P truely converted to mut)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I always enjoyed mutilate much more than combat, glad you like it as well.

Yeah def :P

I never figured id enjoy Assassination, and never had any intentions of trying it out.

But yeah once i had moved away from my rogue for a bit, it made me rethink what it was that made me roll a rogue in the first place!

Which brought me into the assassination tree, and im glad i took a second look :)
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
Never played anything non-dagger specced since launch, but that doesn't justify the fact that they have a tree that is putting out the numbers that combat does the way that combat does.

They were warned by the player base and number crunchers for a while that the tree just doesn't offer what it needs to in terms of synergy and reliable DPS that isn't a roulette of random number luck where it's better to keep your cycle than try to sync up buffs and time moves for greatest potency.

Bad design is bad.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Giving rogues one viable and one comparable tree, with the other extremely popular tree being extremely underwhelming, is bad design in the world of competitive Frost Mage dps. If hunters, mages, and locks have three viable dps trees, so should rogues.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Giving rogues one viable and one comparable tree, with the other extremely popular tree being extremely underwhelming, is bad design in the world of competitive Frost Mage dps. If hunters, mages, and locks have three viable dps trees, so should rogues.

Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
it says something when they put so much work into making frost pve viable while breaking one of our trees to be unusable in any part of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
it says something when they put so much work into making frost pve viable while breaking one of our trees to be unusable in any part of the game.

Yea, it says that what they tried for Frost basically worked, and what they tried for Combat basically didn't work. So they'll have to try something else.

But that's about all it says.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

Yea, it says that what they tried for Frost basically worked, and what they tried for Combat basically didn't work. So they'll have to try something else.

But that's about all it says.

it would say that if they had tried something else for combat after they learned it was broken a few months ago.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

It's been two months, and a few months of beta before that... they have yet to even admit it didn't work and they are/will be trying something else.

Patching numbers doesn't fix a clunkier playstayle than WotLK-Feral-Cat dps
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
It's been two months, and a few months of beta before that... they have yet to even admit it didn't work and they are/will be trying something else.

Patching numbers doesn't fix a clunkier playstayle than WotLK-Feral-Cat dps

don't you remember? they said they were quadrupling mastery, next patch it goes from 10% to 16%.

They know there's a problem with damage; however, I don't think they've heard that most rogues don't like the playstyle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]