Bring back the tree!!

69 Night Elf Druid
I am royally ticked you dumped the tree. I what to shape shift not show off my armor. You guys blew it there on that one. I am a shape shifter. The worst part of it is you took away a shape instead of giving or replacing. 30 seconds is a joke to us druids. Please put the tree back. They were cool as heck and fun. Never take away from your core players like this.

For those of you who didnt like the tree there are others toons to play.

Druids should have shapes to shift into not cool downs.

Angry Tree
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No. Tree sucked. You are not a shape shifter, you are a druid, druids are supposed to turn into animals not treants and owlkin. They should have killed the battlechicken along with the treant.

The major problem with shapeshifting is that it still removes costumes. I think the druid community needs to focus on this issue as it has been irritating me for many years now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I miss Tree Form a lot. I get really nostalgic whenever I play my druid, and I think that's expected after spending the last 2 years in Tree Form. It was stolen from us, and no amount of QQ will ever bring it back. At least, we have a fun cooldown now (fun = subjective; control yourself).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
As a CD, the new ToL form is fine, since we only have to see it for 30 seconds. There should be a minor glyph that puts a treant costume on you for 30 minutes when ToL ends.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
With a resto druid just arriving at the point of being able to use treeent it is the way some of my heals cast so much quicker I appreciate. Running with new 70 tanks who cannot hold aggro we need a lot of help to keep the group up when "supertank-not" makes huge pulls they cannot [possibly hold doing their best to make the group wipe.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Resto druid are fine......The new tree from gives you significantly increased output during high raid or tank damage.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
It cracks me up that people get flamed so hard just for wanting tree form back. WoW is a video game after all and people play video games to have fun. I fail to see how taking away the tree form adds to the fun in any way. The only thing it could possibly accomplish is making paying customers unhappy.

If they wanted to change the function of ToL that's one thing. But to totally remove a simple cosmetic feature that many of your customers really enjoy was a very stupid move on Blizzards part. It sends the message "We don't care what you like. You'll take what we give you or you can leave."
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
Vis
I fail to see how taking away the tree form adds to the fun in any way. The only thing it could possibly accomplish is making paying customers unhappy.

Actually I was a resto druid in vanilla, all the way. When tree came out I was so bummed at being a piece of rotten broccoli that I stopped playing that character.

Don't think I'll go back to my old druid though. His server sucks. Incoming worgen druid in a few days. They better have cool healing animations.
Edited by Nephele on 11/28/2010 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
^
Edited by Astidar on 4/1/2011 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Actually I was a resto druid in vanilla, all the way. When tree came out I was so bummed at being a piece of rotten broccoli that I stopped playing that character.

I seriously doubt a simple cosmetic change made you quit playing a class that suddenly became one of the games strongest healers. Nonetheless it's just another example of why it should remain as just a cosmetic option. As someone else suggested, make a glyph for it. It wouldn't hurt the game or change anything for anyone who didn't want to be in tree form.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
This thread is new and original.

Keep the CD.

Perma-form as a glyph.

Everyone is happy.

But not Blizz.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Hate the Tree!!!

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
It had a surreal appeal - all these decked out players in modern-looking tier gear and the tree who's just, sort of, a tree.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
I like the new Tree Form. It's pretty. And Awesome, and looks like an Epic Cooldown.

The other one was like... "Yo, I'm a dead tree.... /waves hands around"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
They could have kept Treeform and had some sort of "Empowered Tree" ability that upped your heals for 30secs and made the tree glow or something. Didnt need removal considereing all our other forms have no time limit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]