PvP Healing in Cata

87 Dwarf Shaman
I love how all of a sudden Resto Shaman "take no skill to play" because in level 80 content they're overpowered. You guys are hilarious - also for the uninformed, Healing Surge isn't spammable at 85 because of the way coefficients scale and the mana cost of Healing Surge is absurdly high.

Get a peel from a teammate or learn to juke a cast, it isnt hard. Understand the CD of your opponents interrupts and what you can do to counter them before you here complaining.

-Z
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I love how all of a sudden Resto Shaman "take no skill to play" because in level 80 content they're overpowered. You guys are hilarious - also for the uninformed, Healing Surge isn't spammable at 85 because of the way coefficients scale and the mana cost of Healing Surge is absurdly high.

Get a peel from a teammate or learn to juke a cast, it isnt hard. Understand the CD of your opponents interrupts and what you can do to counter them before you here complaining.

-Z

Resto shamans are stupidly easy to play. Even at 85, were not nearly as powerful as we are now at 80. But just because we don't heal for nearly as much (% wise). It doesn't make the class any harder.

Even thought it's not balanced for 80. I shouldn't be tanking 2-3 dps with earthshield and riptide alone. Throwing in the random healing surge or spamming cleanse on myself if they get a few good hits in.

Also, 2vs7 at mine in AB. We held them off for eight minutes before I finally went oom. It's great fun though.
Edited by Streager on 11/30/2010 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
69 Human Warlock
Ive mentioned this on several posts. The removal of talents to reduce stun and silence effects along with the mana cost and effeciency of heal spells are going to make healing a nightmare for most classes. If a mage can global someone in one deep freeze NOW where most health pools float in the 30-40k range how does Blizzards expect heals to keep people up through 6 sec stuns/silence and chain CC?

On paper the larger health pools should have more "reaction" time but the fact is there is to much CC and the damage will not go down only up. Given someone that has 100k health even with the current state of things how fast do u think 2 DPS people can burn them? When i see Arcane mages with a bezerker buff in WSG crit people for 64k i have to scratch my head at the thought of a healer trying to heal through that at 85...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Hey....

At least MS is out of the picture.

Take solace in that.

Its just different. Its going to be a different style of fighting, within a similar set of rules, just like the paradigm shift between vanilla and TBC and TBC and Wrath. We'll adapt.
Edited by Bibdy on 12/2/2010 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
i love the new cleanse!! 4k+ heals for removing ish!!! winner!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]