Are you fast enough to Interrupt a Polymorph?

(Locked)

85 Draenei Shaman
http://img818.imageshack.us/i/121li.png/

Looks like I'll be a gladiator no problem. It is ok to be jealous.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone else having issues with getting below a 1.8 average reaction time? I cant seem to average it out low enough.
zolaf, care to redo your math not figuring in cast time, melee range, terrible latency, and poor reaction times?

Okay, I finally had time to redo my Calculations.

I would like to apologize to everyone.

It turns out I was wrong.

You only need to be able to get "Rocketing Rabbit" in order to Interrupt a Polymorph after applying Haste and Latency.

Even so, only Three People in this entire Thread were able to get "Rocketing Rabbit".

Thats not very good odds.
85 Orc Death Knight
Probably one of the least scientific measures of anything I've ever seen ever.

Sorry, but you're telling me I have to hit my interrupt within .233-.34 seconds of the cast to successfully interrupt it? Thats what I was clockin against those sheep. That leaves 1.3+ seconds on the cast?

That's a decent time you did. Sadly, that's only "Bobbing Bobcat".

You need to Score atleast "Turbo Charged Cheetah" in order to Interrupt a Polymorph with Cataclysm Haste Levels and Latency.

You won't have 1.3+ seconds left on the Cast after you apply Haste and Latency.

Bobbing bobcat is good enough.
Say a player has a 15% haste effect (ISF) and another 20% haste from haste rating. With a latency of 300ms a player has .9 seconds to react. Give the person .5 second to make a decision, roughly average and their base reaction time of .25-.3 the average person will have about .1-.15 seconds of extra decision room. Without the 1.5 base cast and obscene haste levels of wrath interrupting sheep/fear/cyclone will be perfectly fine.
85 Orc Death Knight

Zolaf... you = stupid, plz stop posting ffs...

So according to you not a single CC was ever interrupted since vanilla to now? Cause just fyi, 1.7 is longuer then its ever been.

I can explain that.

For example: Say a Warlock starts casting 'Chaos Bolt'. By the time you get your Interrupt off, they were already casting their next spell, which happened to be 'Fear'.

So while the Warlock would think you purposely Interrupted Fear, you actually were trying to Interrupt something else altogether.

2 years ago I'd say this was crazy but playing a DK you learn that this is true for mindfreeze. Other interrupts don't have this phenomenon unless you have no clue how bad your own reaction time is.
85 Night Elf Rogue

I would like to apologize to everyone.

It turns out I was wrong.

You only need to be able to get "Rocketing Rabbit" in order to Interrupt a Polymorph after applying Haste and Latency.

Even so, only Three People in this entire Thread were able to get "Rocketing Rabbit".

Thats not very good odds.

youre still pulling this out of your ass. there is ample time to interrupt a sheep with decently low latency. if your latency is high, then that sucks. switch to a better server if you cant deal with it. you cant balance a game around lag.
youre still pulling this out of your ass. there is ample time to interrupt a sheep with decently low latency. if your latency is high, then that sucks. switch to a better server if you cant deal with it. you cant balance a game around lag.

You just gave me a brilliant idea that deserves a Thread of its own.

I'll start working on that Tomorrow.
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Any Zolaf thread has my full support. BUMP!!
85 Undead Death Knight

A DK, of all people, complaining about interrupting Polymorph?

I'm having a TON of trouble trying to figoure out how i was complaining about interrupts. There is NOWHERE in my post that gives the slightest hint of me complaining about anything dealing with mages, interrupting, and polymorphing. There is no logic that dictates that i am indeed in support or not in support of the idea's presented in this thread.

My 10 words about you being bias cannot possibly be conceived as what you are describing.

At all.

You must of been so angry at whatever idea's are presented in this thread and directed your fury towards me. But it is, unfortunately for you, misplaced. Your QQ post was an absolute waste.
100 Tauren Shaman
A DK, of all people, complaining about interrupting Polymorph?

I'm having a TON of trouble trying to figoure out how i was complaining about interrupts. There is NOWHERE in my post that gives the slightest hint of me complaining about anything dealing with mages, interrupting, and polymorphing. There is no logic that dictates that i am indeed in support or not in support of the idea's presented in this thread.

My 10 words about you being bias cannot possibly be conceived as what you are describing.

At all.

You must of been so angry at whatever idea's are presented in this thread and directed your fury towards me. But it is, unfortunately for you, misplaced. Your QQ post was an absolute waste.

Um, what?

Then why did you respond to my post at all?

I was making a simple point - the point being that nobody should actually, seriously, have a hard time making interrupts.

Your response suggested that you disagree with me.
90 Tauren Warrior
You're not supposed to be able to interrupt every spell every 10 seconds.

Yes you are. That's why the cd is 10 seconds. You don't actually do that because that's often a bad idea. IE you're waiting for specific casts.
80 Blood Elf Mage
ZI am only a .21xxx Bobcat.... I am doomed.
57 Tauren Druid

Zolaf... you = stupid, plz stop posting ffs...

So according to you not a single CC was ever interrupted since vanilla to now? Cause just fyi, 1.7 is longuer then its ever been.

I can explain that.

For example: Say a Warlock starts casting 'Chaos Bolt'. By the time you get your Interrupt off, they were already casting their next spell, which happened to be 'Fear'.

So while the Warlock would think you purposely Interrupted Fear, you actually were trying to Interrupt something else altogether.

rofl, zolaf for president!
73 Human Paladin
ZOLAF!!! It's Mctank! Haven't talked to ya in a while buddy.

How's the super crazy Cataclysm thread idea of yours going? The one that's supposed to be equivalent to the Cataclysm itself?
Edited by Mctank on 11/29/2010 12:38 AM PST

How's the super crazy Cataclysm idea of yours going? The one that's supposed to be equivalent to the Cataclysm itself?

McTank!

Omg, I missed you!

Please don't get banned again. :'(

Also, I think you might of missed my Cataclysmic idea I was telling you about. I don't remember exactly which Thread it was, but I've had alot of good ideas since you left.

I just recently thought of an idea to fix Latency thanks to someone in this Thread.
73 Human Paladin

How's the super crazy Cataclysm idea of yours going? The one that's supposed to be equivalent to the Cataclysm itself?

McTank!

Omg, I missed you!

Please don't get banned again. :'(

Also, I think you might of missed my Cataclysmic idea I was telling you about. I don't remember exactly which Thread it was, but I've had alot of good ideas since you left.

I just recently thought of an idea to fix Latency thanks to someone in this Thread.

Some poophead got me for trolling on that shoutout thread I did to you! Can you believe it? >:(

Awwwh well that's just a pile of sour pancakes! I'll try to scavenge the forums and find some of your neat ideas. I'm really digging this one though. If anything, I think 3 seconds would be fair, because sometimes I'm eating pizza and I just don't have the time to hit '3' with a half-eaten pizza in my hand.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]