4.03a significant DPS drop for anyone else?

85 Human Paladin
Anyone notice a rather significant DPS decrease during the last patch? I know it's only a week from cata, but I thought I'd bring this up.

I am one of the better geared DPS for my guild, however I found myself struggling to be in the 5-7th place range last raid. That's if I cheat and double up on speed potions, and maximize my cooldowns, and go fully elixir'd and food buffed.

(Normally I'm a top contender w/the other 100% attendance folks.)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm am hoping for the retune, however I was kind of hoping maintaining our buff + the new complexities would be more beneficial toward our DPS, if we maintain a perfect rotation.

Seems like a lot of work to competing with an Arcane mage who spams 1 spell. Of course I'm simply assuming. It might be a lot of work and we win by a mile. (or a lot of work to compete with the under geared tank dps for all I know.)
Edited by Yarko on 11/29/2010 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
TV and CS hotfixes got reverted, we need Inq now to get back to where we were... supposedly.

I say supposedly because I still feel like we don't have enough holy damage to make use of the 30% increase save for Exo from Art of War, but thats on a proc. lol RNG.
Edited by Criceto on 11/29/2010 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Crusader strike got a pretty bad nerf, as did Censure. I also heard something about all strike attacks scaling less from weapon damage or something, but I haven't seen any information to confirm or deny that.

You'll get a decent DPS boost once you can get Inquisition and the holy talent to beef up Exorcism by 20%. That coupled with the 50% buff t Exorcism in the patch will make it hit like a truck hitting another truck with a slightly larger truck.

EDIT: Also, they nerfed the 3% crit damage meta gems to complete worthlessness. If your character page is up to date then you have an inactive meta gem that would be garbage even if you changed all your gems to meet the requirement. They are reverting the change in the next patch however.
Edited by Turaven on 11/29/2010 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The TV and CS hotfix revert kind of has me going O_o, but whatever. Guess I'll see come 81.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ive also been asking this around trade to no avail.. Alas, i also felt the swift hand of nerf-justice. went from pulling comparable dps with mages and warriors and such to pulling comparable dps to the tanks.... yah... reallly love that im main spec ret.. idk what id do if my dps didnt get nerfed every other patch. seriously though... a 2-3k dps nerf? when our dps was already... questionable... /sigh... good thing i have a holy off spec.... oh wait! that got nerfed too!! WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Edit: also, i dont honestly see inquisition being the end all dps fix. 3 HoPo, so thats 1 less TV every time you have to renew it, and it only affects... half our dmg? maybe?
Edited by Amelyna on 11/29/2010 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
I haven't raided since the patch dropped, but pre-patch I did 6.7K with Might only on the level 83 boss dummy. Now I do 6.2K on a level 80 dummy. So it's about a 10% DPS loss on dummies for me. Slightly annoying, but nothing to get worked up about, given how little it will matter in a week.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
My main is a pally too, and I'm so badly surprised that I started a new char and I'll will prolly not play my pally anymore. Before patch 4.0.3 I was at 6.5 - 6.7K DPS on a dummy. Now I'm at 2.8K DPS!!!

Blizzard nerfed us for more then 50% of our DPS. I Hope they will fix it soon or I'll prolly cancel my account. I cant beleive I did so many on this char for being the last one of my guild 6 years later!

Plus, my offspec was Holy. I've stop playing holy since patch 4.0.1 because the new healing system for pallies is bull#%@!! I cannot wait on a proc if my tank is about to die, and a 2.5 sec casting time is way too long! I hope Blizz will bring us a "normal" mana cost on flash of light.

So, I've stop playing my pally and will prolly cancel my account after 6 years if Blizzard doesn't bring us back our paladins.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Shaman
My main is a pally too, and I'm so badly surprised that I started a new char and I'll will prolly not play my pally anymore. Before patch 4.0.3 I was at 6.5 - 6.7K DPS on a dummy. Now I'm at 2.8K DPS!!!

Blizzard nerfed us for more then 50% of our DPS. I Hope they will fix it soon or I'll prolly cancel my account. I cant beleive I did so many on this char for being the last one of my guild 6 years later!

Plus, my offspec was Holy. I've stop playing holy since patch 4.0.1 because the new healing system for pallies is bull#%@!! I cannot wait on a proc if my tank is about to die, and a 2.5 sec casting time is way too long! I hope Blizz will bring us a "normal" mana cost on flash of light.

So, I've stop playing my pally and will prolly cancel my account after 6 years if Blizzard doesn't bring us back our paladins.

You're doing something way wrong if you drop that low on DPS.
Edited by Vermon on 11/30/2010 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
LOL...Get use to it - Pallies are supposed to be DK healers....

Just kidding. My Main is a well Geared Ret Pally and my Dummy DPS

Before Blizzard "Fixed" pallies - I did 7k
After 4 Patch 4.5k
After fix...and all the relearning of the rotation and hours spent hang'n out with the dummy 9.2k
After 4.03a...6.5k.
Don't confuse these numbers cause prior to 4 patch - I was AoE crazy afterward...lame AoE. and it give you an idea - I have downed the LK a number of times and the average item lvl of my gear is 265 or 6100GS.

I am upset cause they keep messing with our rotation. I got used to the rotation of 4. It is very concerning as to where Blizzard is planning to take the pally. They keep messing with my main and my account can be well...cancelled. I am growing tired of this game anyway. As it stands today...Ret Pallies are not very "Useful"

AND the answer to your Question....NO not every class took a DPS hit. DKs are way OP, Locks, Mages and Priests all got a boost.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Neree, if you dropped to 2.8k dps on the dummy, are you sure you weren't hitting the level 88 raid dummy?

For me personally, I went from about 9.5k dps on the 83 training dummy to 8.4k dps on the 80 training dummy. My raid DPS dropped by about 1.5-2k depending on RNG procs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
OK....why so little of a drop? did you reforge everthing into mastery? What did you use for your meta Gem? I tried to look but Armory seems to be down atm.
Edited by Shamsaidish on 11/30/2010 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Do not expect Inquisition to help you increase your dps. At level 85 and in T11 gear Inquisition is a minimal sustained dps increase at best under perfect conditions on a heroic training dummy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

You're doing something way wrong if you drop that low on DPS.

Nothing has changed except this strange stealth nerf. I made a post about it 4 days ago and got promptly smacked down with a 72 hour ban. I'm still very angry over this crap nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Kestrel, how did you get 8.3? I only barely hit 6k + without popping wings.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
LOL...Get use to it - Pallies are supposed to be DK healers....

Just kidding. My Main is a well Geared Ret Pally and my Dummy DPS

Before Blizzard "Fixed" pallies - I did 7k
After 4 Patch 4.5k
After fix...and all the relearning of the rotation and hours spent hang'n out with the dummy 9.2k
After 4.03a...6.5k.
Don't confuse these numbers cause prior to 4 patch - I was AoE crazy afterward...lame AoE. and it give you an idea - I have downed the LK a number of times and the average item lvl of my gear is 265 or 6100GS.

I am upset cause they keep messing with our rotation. I got used to the rotation of 4. It is very concerning as to where Blizzard is planning to take the pally. They keep messing with my main and my account can be well...cancelled. I am growing tired of this game anyway. As it stands today...Ret Pallies are not very "Useful"

AND the answer to your Question....NO not every class took a DPS hit. DKs are way OP, Locks, Mages and Priests all got a boost.

I do 7.3 easily on a target dummy and my gear isn't even over 6k gearscore. Learn to play and stop trolling Rets.

I'd advise you to learn to play your Shaman first, wtf is up with those specs?

They are a mess...I know - you are a real gem! Either try to help or don't post - WOW seems to be full if draggers like you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Since 4.0.1, DPS has been down, and then up, and now down again. I have decided to not care about it, since they are tuning for lvl 85. If, while wearing T11 gear in a T11 raid, my DPS is significantly lower than other DPS specs, then I will make the obligatory "WTF Blizz!!#!!" post. No sense worrying about it until then.
Edited by Odhran on 11/30/2010 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]