4.03a significant DPS drop for anyone else?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
It is a cause for worry when you're trying to qualify for raid spots.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Guilds who are doing raid spot tryouts at level 80 with Cataclysm days away are kind of retarded. As has been mentioned, lvl 80 paladins are missing two DPS-increasing spells that will be very important at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Elidra - No way in that crap gear and your spec.....Lies.
Edited by Shamsaidish on 11/30/2010 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Guilds who are doing raid spot tryouts at level 80 with Cataclysm days away are kind of retarded. As has been mentioned, lvl 80 paladins are missing two DPS-increasing spells that will be very important at 85.

I agree, but who do you want to run an instance with at 81 - a struggling Ret Pally or OP DK? It all changes at 85? not all that much and people are building friendship with quality DPSing classes for the 85 raids. It will be interesting.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Kestrel, how did you get 8.3? I only barely hit 6k + without popping wings.

It is odd Kestrel is gone....was that a plant?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I agree, but who do you want to run an instance with at 81 - a struggling Ret Pally or OP DK? It all changes at 85? not all that much and people are building friendship with quality DPSing classes for the 85 raids. It will be interesting.

Well, to sum it up, I felt all good and healthy when I pulled 11.5 for that VOA25 Toravon fight. Then the next week doing barely 7k basically gave me the feeling of having a leg amputated, and I didn't know it was until I tried to walk and fell hard on my face.

So yeah, I'm more than abit worried, I don't feel like buying cataclysm or even continuing my subscription at this point. I don't think anyone deserves that kind of feeling inflicted on them with such a callous hand.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Elidra - No way in that crap gear and your spec.....Lies.

I'd love to hear how my spec could be changed to improve my DPS. Do go on.

look I don't get on here and tell stories about my DPS....and then talk someone down telling the WTF with your gear....which this is my farm toon. In either case - first piece of advice....Be helpful - and not talk people down. People who leave comments like yours should get a 72 ban.

There is no way in 251 gear - you are out performing all those in 264 gear. You Mastery at 8.00 and PvP gear...sorry - I look to those who are better geared and better speced. I also find their advice to be helpful. Best of Luck to ya.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone else notice this significant drop?
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Some more info/my observations: The numbers I was pulling on the 80 training dummy were with 277 cryptmaker using wings on CD followed by Zealotry on CD. Mix of 264/277 gear otherwise. I see that a lot of you aren't using CDs, so I dunno how much of a difference that made. I also changed priorities to the one on the beta.

Old priority: HoW > 3HPTV > CS > Exo > J > HW - 9.5k dps
New priority: Exo > HoW > 3HPTV > CS > J > HW - 8.2-8.4k dps

I used the thundering skyflare meta. Same gemming/reforging as before as before. The new priority is incredibly RNG dependent (basically lots of AoW procs = WIN) and my DPS can vary a lot depending on my procs. This problem is exacerbated by most of the fights in ICC lasting 2 minutes at most for my guild now. I'm hoping longer fights in Cataclysm will even out the RNG nature of everything.
Edited by Kestrel on 12/1/2010 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dps 2 weeks before cata matters alot. Yup.

at 85 we still depend on procs to do good dps.

nerfed cs/tv at 80 = nerfed cs/tv at 85

its not like cs will do 200% damage at level 85, its staying the same. Since our holy damage outside exorcism is terrible (seal of truth nerfed to hell, seals, etc), inquisition wont fix a damn thing.

Heres hoping for several hotfixes in the near future! :)

Seconded! :)

I wish they'd be nice to us sometimes :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]